The President & The Press | Teen Ink

The President & The Press

May 5, 2009
By ChrissyO SILVER, Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
ChrissyO SILVER, Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
7 articles 0 photos 4 comments

I know it's a little late to be writing about the Presidential Election, but it was very meaningful to me. President Obama has been doing a pretty good job in the Oval Office (you can disagree if you want, but you have to admit he's hasn't actually done any REAL damage). Yes, President Obama has been in the news and in tabloids a lot, and that's because he needs YOUR support.

Calling President Obama a celebrity is a little out of line, if you ask me. He's a grown man, and he landed THE job as the leader of the free world...comparing him to Britney, Lindsay, and Paris is just a little insulting. His publicity is all for the good in my opinion. For the last eight years, America has not been behind our former President, Mr. Bush. I think that because Mr. Bush did not have most of his own country's support, and many other reasons I'm sure, he was not possibly able to do as good a job as all the people who made fun of him and disrespected him still expected him to fulfill! That was a pretty confusing statement; try again: The people who disrespected Mr. George Bush still expected him to be fully productive, yet blamed him for everything that went wrong! I think that with our new president, we need to get behind him and support him in his decisions, so that we can prevent failure. Standing back and saying that he'll fail will only make it true.

I respect that many different people have many different opinions. I believe that whether you voted or supported Obama, McCain, or Mickey Mouse, you need to accept that for the next 4 years, Barack Obama is our President. If you don't want him to fail, you need to support him. I know that it will be hard to do if you don't 'like' President Obama, or that you voted for Senator McCain. But please, on behalf of the country, support our new 'Fearless Leader'!!


The author's comments:
These are just my views...please don't take offense if you don't support President Obama. I respect everyone's views and I can personally assure you from my heart that I would be writing the exact same thing had John McCain won the election.