Some People Are So Poor, All They Have Is Money | Teen Ink

Some People Are So Poor, All They Have Is Money

June 13, 2018
By jordan.post SILVER, Tirana, Other
jordan.post SILVER, Tirana, Other
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Mane, your parents are rich as hell, you’ve got everything.” This is a statement I frequently get hit with, when I discuss about serious topics with other people. Sometimes, I also get hit with sentences, such as, “Your daddy is rich, you won’t ever have to work for your money. Why don’t you ever appreciate that?”

Right, of course, I have everything. My daddy is a rich businessman, he can give me everything. Because money can totally solve every problem a person can have. Because something called emotions are not existent in someone who has money. This is exactly what is wrong with our world: the thought that in the instant that you have a large amount of money, all of your problems are gone. This thought is truly sad, as it truly makes rich kids seem like shallow people, which might be true for some, but not every rich kid.

Contrary to what people think, rich kids do not have everything. Sure, we can afford houses and Range Rovers. We can afford to go to Dubai, and eat some nice food. We can certainly afford many things. But do you know what we cannot afford? The only thing we cannot afford, is something that cannot be bought with money. That thing is called happiness. Oh, now you are asking me what the hell am I talking about? Now you’re restating that I have money, so that means that I’m happy? How shallow can you be!? What makes you think that money means happiness?

Why can’t you understand that getting good things is not what satisfies me? You know what does satisfy me? Earning those things, working for them. Having a reason to get all of those benefits. For all of those that say that a child who has a rich daddy does not need to work, I have a question to ask. Have you ever felt the sense of accomplishment? Also, do you think that you can you get it by having everything handed to you? Of course not; you can only get it by earning the achievement, and actually working for it. Think of it as a video game. Do you have more fun by starting from the beginning, and working for the rewards, or just completing the game using cheats? If you beat the game using cheats, you don’t get that sense of accomplishment, do you? Well, it is the exact same thing with me. If I do not work for my money, and choose to just inherit the money, I will not feel like I deserve the money, and thus, I’ll not feel that sense of being useful.

With that being said, that is not the only reason in which I want to work for myself. No matter how powerful a business can be, it can still be prone to bankruptcy, or being severely damaged, only because of a bad choice. Leaving the business in the hands of managers is not a very smart idea, as they do not really care about the business. Because of this, the business will not prosper nearly as much as it would if I was the one leading the business. Also, should the worst happen, and the business goes bankrupt, then I would be left with nothing, including no skills to rebuild the business. What would I be left with, after that?

The key point of this essay, is to show people that rich people are not as different as people think. The only thing that separates them from the others, is money. And guess what? Money is only a temporary object, the key word being object, as it is that, and nothing more. It truly is a shame that society judges people on how much of an object they have...