Beauty VS. Brains | Teen Ink

Beauty VS. Brains

April 23, 2015
By Anonymous

The combination of beauty and brains is not very common. However, the brain will always dominate beauty; beauty cannot win alone. First impressions are imperative in life, especially for jobs. At first glance, one can immediately see someone’s beauty, but not so much of he or she’s intelligence. However, not long after the job interview, the interviewer can quickly determine if one is fit for the job. Intelligence can be used to gain recognition in work and have a job. Remember, beauty fades over time and is fleeting, thus, people cannot depend on their looks to be successful or content. Intelligence is the key for a good education and a healthy lifestyle. Even intellects such as Miss Universe winners use their knowledge to win; beauty cannot stand alone. Actress Natalie Portman is known for starring in the Black Swan, Star Wars, and many other movies. Her beauty mesmerizes many people, but her intelligence has also contributed to her success since she graduated from Harvard University. People’s attractiveness can only get them to a certain extent in life, but intelligence, on the other hand, is more important in the long run. Wit, intelligence, and perception are the factors that aid us in life.


Today’s society has the wrong obsession; the latest trend and trying to become the unrealistic image of “beauty.” We seem to forget the wealth of human knowledge and wisdom. In the present world, there are many ways to buy beauty in the form of facial and plastic surgery, whereas medical treatment cannot enhance one’s mind to become more acute and perspicacious. The current generation needs to perpetuate the intelligence level, not ignorance, for the sake of everyone and the future.


External looks alone cannot succeed. The brain undoubtedly can excel in comparison to only beauty. Take a look at the most successful and richest people in history and in the world; they are the ones who are bright and clever.