Summer... | Teen Ink

Summer...

May 28, 2014
By Ceara Huff BRONZE, Coronado, California
Ceara Huff BRONZE, Coronado, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Summer...
I just can't wait to feel the sun warming my skin, the cool water on my skin, the laughs, smiles of family members and friends and my skin getting darker, music getting louder. I want to make more summer memories to remember and make new ones next year. Summer for me is about spending time with family that you maybe haven't seen in a long time even friends and seeing the world, doing things that you haven't done before or places you haven't been to. Seeing the smiles on your friends / family member's faces when you haven't seen them in a long time giving them hugs that you don't want to let go to and maybe cry a little, tears of joy or tears of sadness. Summer is the season where I have no school, no studying, no work, FREEDOM!! Even freedom where I live, it gets a little boring let me tell you. I know I live by the ocean but I’m always busy and never get any free time much I have to study, do homework etc. So summer is my ultimate free time. Hopefully my summer goes great as I planned. My summers in the past were really fun but the same as always. When I visit my mom in FL in like 2010 we went to Universal Studios where we went to The Warding World of Harry Potter on the second day it opened. I was so excited because I’m a huge Harry Potter fan! Everything looked so real! I got my wand (Harry Potter’s) which was expensive but so worth buying. I’ve always wanted to try butter beer. It’s not actually beer it’s a sugary drink, but I didn't get because the line was so stinking long. Anyways the castle looked so realistic, but here is this shocker part, inside is the ride. It was really fun and every time I went on it, it seemed different. On the night it opened the people from the harry potter movie where there like Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe and others to help open the park. I’ve also been to Walt Disney world (in Florida) it’s really cool and it reminds me of my childhood. I'm never too old to go there. I and my half-sister enjoy going there; even meeting the characters I don't mind. There are some rides my half-sister can't ride which is ok, but now maybe she can ride them if she wants. We try to meet all the princesses as possible. I really want to meet Peter Pan and Belle but it’s really hard to find him if you see a lot of people in a line that means there is a Disney character there. If I go there again this year I can't wait to ride the new Snow white ride who I also want to meet. I want to see these Disney characters because they remind me of Once Upon a Time which has Disney characters, and me and my friends are obsessed with that show anyways I also went to animal kingdom for the first time it’s okay not as fun as Disneyland but I love the Lion King show. Lion King is one of my favorite Disney movies. In Orlando I’ve been to the water parks, and SeaWorld. The SeaWorld has way more stuff than the one here in San Diego. I’ve also been to Hollywood studios which is pretty cool because they have star wars which I’m also a nerd for (don't judge). Yak so my summer in FL is pretty awesome if you ask me. So ya that my story of what I do in the summer and why I like so much hoped you enjoy. Hopefully it isn't boring to you guys.


The author's comments:
This inspired me to write this because I enjoy summer! summer is the time where i get a break from my mom and dad, school and people at school that i hate so much.