True Harry Potter Fans | Teen Ink

True Harry Potter Fans

By e.nadeem PLATINUM, Karachi, Other
e.nadeem PLATINUM, Karachi, Other

If someone tells you to look back a few years; maybe two years, maybe ten years, maybe twelve. Compare it to the present. Now look a few years ahead in the future. If you compare each and every one of these visions, and try to uncover a vital similarity between them, what will you see? I, speaking as a Harry Potter fan, see myself reading the series in all the pictures. Harry Potter is a brilliant series about magic; yet taking this ironically; it has a wonderful charm and magic about it that ensures that each and every Harry Potter reader will remain a fan till the very end of time.
The world had the honor of being introduced to Harry Potter twelve years ago by the only too well-known and much admired author, JK Rowling. What she brought to us cannot be elucidated with a million word picture. It is magic, nothing else, which has left each of the 375 million fans absorbed in reading and rereading the Harry Potter series every moment of their lives.

There are many, many, many different kinds of books. There is action, comedy, adventure, romance, war, peace, sadness and a million more categories. They are further divided into groups of books for children, teenagers, young adults and adults.
But what if there was a series in which you have everything combined? A series which is equally enjoyed by children, adults and teenagers, and a book where you have an assortment of action, sufferings, love, blending with funny dialogues once in a while, and adventure. Such a series would be one you can never, never, never stop reading.
But there is such a series; it is loved by almost every other human. Harry Potter is loved by every individual ever to have set an eye upon it. Yet, there are some fans, after the finish of the series, which have stopped rereading the series since it has been a long year since the release of the last one, the Deathly Hallows. They say they have loved the series, that it was the best book they have ever read, but they use the past sense.

Yet, in the hidden corners of the world, millions and millions remain devoted fans. People who reread the Harry Potter books again and again, never stopping. People who never loose interest. Fans that spend hours and hours on Harry Potter fan sites, or else discussing Harry Potter on forums, or with their ‘Harry Potter pals.’
Maybe you hear some people – maybe many people – say that Harry Potter is over with, and it is finished. You hear people say that it is being replaced by other books such as Twilight. But to the true fans – so what? Maybe ten people told you that, maybe a million. There are still hundreds of millions of fans, which remain, to this day, ‘true Harry Potter fans.’

I just read the piece 'True Harry Potter Fans' and it touched my heart, struck a chord. I consider myself a true Harry Potter fan and am disgusted with the amounts of "Harry Potter fans" turning to Twilight. I'm grateful for the reassurance that there is someone out there who knows Harry Potter will always live on in our hearts.