The House on Woburn Street | Teen Ink

The House on Woburn Street

May 16, 2013
By bethany.kane SILVER, Wilmington, Massachusetts
bethany.kane SILVER, Wilmington, Massachusetts
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It is a pleasant house sitting atop a grassy hill overlooking the car-filled Woburn Street. The sun’s rays shine throughout the windows all day like the first sunrise in the morning. This house belongs to my family and I. Under the roof lives me, my mom, dad, sister, brother, dog and fish. This house is just big enough to hold the busy chaos we all produce; except my fish of course who does not take up much space.

The six of us, minus the fish, could all use some more space, but the house always seems to give off a warm and inviting feeling. The openness is welcoming to anyone looking for a good meal that fills the rooms with a delicious scent that is sure to strike your taste buds. You will never leave my house without an ear to ear smile on your face.

I have many long-lasting memories along with this house, filled with happiness and laughter. The lime-colored green yard is open to any children who want to play an exciting game of tag or wiffle ball; while most of the adults will be sitting on my farmer’s porch sipping on a cool drink on a warm summer’s night. These relaxing nights end with sitting around a fire and roasting gooey marshmallows until our fingers are all sticky.

Many days of the week I come home from a long day of school to find my grandmother baking a delicious batch of warm cookies. If you think you’ve tasted the best cookie of your life, you have not tasted these yet. The soft, chewy cookies give off an aroma that could bring even all of my neighbors to my front steps.

Someday in my life I hope to own a house like this one that I have had the joy of spending my childhood in. It is my escape in life whenever I am having a rough day. Nothing is better than laying in my bed just listening to music; I feel as if there are no troubles in life. My house has made me the way I am and I always want to come home.

Anyone is welcome in my house whether it is to get some exercise in a fun outdoor activity, or to find some relaxation while munching on a fresh homemade cookie. I look forward to coming home each day as my house is a large enjoyment factor in my life; as well as for many others who have come and never want to leave.