Obsession | Teen Ink

Obsession

By Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia
Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia

"She was fascinated with words. To her words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion that could be combinded with other words to create powerful spells." From: Lighting(By: Dean Koontz)

To be obsessed is to be unreasonably set on an idea, desire, want, or subject. And to become irrational to one’s other priorities in the process.
Is it just danger? Is it just creepy? Is it only unhealthy? Is it nothing, but threatening? Is it only dark and sinister? Is it only fear and shadows? Is it nothing more than stalkers, and killers? Is it only walls covered by collages, collections under beds, and shrines hidden in the back of closets? Is it only a scary addiction?
It’s much more than that. Obsession is a part of someone’s life. It’s a reason to get up, something to look forward to. It’s something to hold on to, its excitement and a rush. It’s dangerous and creepy, maybe even unhealthy. And it might be threatening. It may come out at night, and look sinister. It may hold fear and it may hide behind shadows. It may come with stalkers, shrines, and risky addictions. But how often do you get to say “Yeah, I know everything about that.”? I’m thinking not very often. But when you’re obsessed you say it a lot, because obsession brings knowledge and surety. It assures you that you do know everything about something. No matter what else you can’t do, don’t know, have never heard of, or don’t understand; you can always understand your obsession.

Obsession is powerful, uncontrollable, unpredictable, and irrational. It is also passionate, free minded, wild, heated, and risky. But in some ways Obsession is worth it. In other ways it’s a killer in itself.

Inspired By: Psycho Derek

TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois

He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

I liked it. I don't really think it's a story, maybe like a free verse poem or something, but I liked it. It had a lot of dramatic effect.