Writing, Life, I need my pen... | Teen Ink

Writing, Life, I need my pen...

May 27, 2009
By PK4evr ELITE, Allen, Texas
PK4evr ELITE, Allen, Texas
105 articles 5 photos 107 comments

Favorite Quote:
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, then watch everyone wonder how you did it!


For a writer, one of the worst things that can happen to you is to have an idea hit you when you have no access to a writing utensil. I can’t help it- it’s the truth. You can’t always remember what you want to write. You can’t remember what emotion you were trying to convey. In fact, later, you really can’t remember much about it at all, no matter how hard you try. It’s really stupid. Inspiration shouldn’t be allowed to hit you anywhere but in the shower or when you have access to write out whatever you need to write out- illogical, of course, and hardly ever, ever happens.If I’m in the middle of something, it is utterly impossible to be distracted and come back to it. The magic is lost. It truly is magic when you get the opportunity to write. I mean, even though “a picture is a thousand words,” words are so complicated and yet so simple at the same time that you absolutely have to respect them. Words demand the respect that so many people refuse to give. It doesn’t make sense. Life doesn’t make sense. Well, neither does speech, words… everything else in life. It’s not supposed to make sense. It’s so stupid, but I’m so used to it that really, I no longer actually care.
But I do stand by this one statement- I hate it, absolutely hate it, when there isn’t a pencil lying around and I have an idea so fresh on my mind that it has to be written down or it will be lost together. Like right now, like I’m typing this right after my Spanish speaking final. I was thinking about this because there was something that I wanted to write. It took a different direction, I typed this out in five minutes, and therefore just wrote a beautiful paper describing a very emotional experience…


The author's comments:
This really was something random I typed onto the computer right after a Spanish speaking final... five minutes can give you something as random as this :)