Apple iPhone Changed the World | Teen Ink

Apple iPhone Changed the World

In today's world the term Technology is common language versus what it might have been 50 years ago.  Technology is something that is a part of our lives daily now.  Just think of how busy most families are everyday,Go to work or school, then onto activities, the grocery store, fix dinner, bed time routine and that doesn't account for the random things that pop-up.  With that said, who would like to trade in their smartphone for a flip phone or better yet forget the mobile phone and lets just go back to a landline phone?  Today’s fast paced environment, everyone needing answers immediately has led society to become smartphone junkies where our information is in the palm of our hands at all times. So, let's discuss a major technology that changed the world, the Apple iPhone.

Apple iPhone launched in Europe and  the USA in 2007 and Asia in 2008.  The iPhone allowed for touch screen capabilities, internet searching, along with video and music on our devices. Shortly, after the launch Apple followed with the App Store development where over 100 million apps were downloaded in only 60 days when app store was opened in 2008.  By January of 2010, 3 Billion apps were downloaded. The next version of the phone released in 2008 was introduced with wireless technology and it sold one million units within first 3 days. Camera was also improved by adding more megapixels. iPhone 4 was released in June 2010 with a 5 megapixel camera that started the "selfie" trends we know today. In October 2011 iPhone 4S and Siri was born. Siri was a personal program to answer questions and follow commands along with iCloud storage.  With the inception of iPhone 5 we learned about Touch ID.  As you can see through the first 5 iPhone revisions the phones improved each time.  As you look back every 1-2 years Apple was introducing a new phone with new features.  Most of the features was an improvement in processing speed, camera capabilities, and screen size.

iPhone technology develops rapidly and in response to customer needs.  As the world continues to focus on fast-paced lifestyles, like more demanding timelines from employers and customer; and the need for real time data in your hands, Apple has just begun to develop the next generation of phones.  There is nearly an app for anything you can imagine.  I can track eating habits and body weight for as long as I would like.  For our farm we can track calving dates, vaccination records, feeding records, live weights, etc.  Heck, my dad even has an app for his Traeger smoker where he can watch the meat temperature directly on his iPhone.

In conclusion, not only is the iPhone used for voice communication it is a tool responsible for connecting everyone globally.   As social media continues to expand and the world becomes more separated the iPhone will still be a common theme.  Think back to 2007, where were you in 2007 and when you learned of the Apple iPhone development and launch did you ever think a tiny little device would be able to change and connect the world like it has in the last 15 years?

I had an assignment to post a story I had written to the internet.