The Future of Mine | Teen Ink

The Future of Mine

By Anthony_Traficant BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
Anthony_Traficant BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey

Flash forward to a time in the future. You have finished college, you are just about turn 30. What is your life like, your job, and are you married? Do you have kids, where do you live, do you have pets, or Cars? Imagine it all.

Life is a precious thing. We don’t have an infinite amount of it so we want to have the best life possible. If I could imagine myself in 14 years I would see a lot. I might see a man struggling to get by because of future problems that I couldn’t deal with. I might also see a man who has become a successful engineer that has helped design some of the key things in your life today. My ideal job would be the owner of a car company buy thats probably out of the question. I would probably end up with an engineering job that has to do with sustainable transportation. Family is another big thing that will be a factor in my life. I think I would be married by then, if not then engaged. I would marry someone who is kind, makes me laugh, and honest. They would also have to want kids. I would definitely look at having kids myself. They are fun to be around and teach. Yes they can be difficult and are expensive but there are just so many more pros than cons. My big reason is that if I don’t make enough of a difference in the world, my kids might have a chance to. When I have kids I would want to have a boy, then two years later have a girl so the older brother could look after the sister. Location is something that can be changed and doesn't really matter a whole lot. I would like to live a bit more northern than here, maybe in New York state just outside of New York City. Or I could move to San Francisco because the temperature is mild and it doesn’t get too hot.

I am a very big animal lover so I would have to get a pet. Dogs are definitely my favorite so I would ideally like to have at least one dog. I would want something like a Westie or a Schnauzer because they are cute and easy to maintain. I would name the dog Bailey if it was a girl or something like Chad or buster if it was a guy. I don’t really know the names for sure, and it will be in 14 years so I don’t have to worry about it yet. Cars…. Something I really enjoy. If I was rich I would probably have the biggest car collection in the world. My favorite car that currently exists in the world is the Bugatti Chiron Gran Turismo. As much fun as that would be let's think realistically I would imagine myself with a good old Mustang with a big V8. I would want this because I don’t want to get an electric car just yet and the Mustang is a classic car that has been around since the 60’s. This would be my car unless gas prices are extreme. If I had to have an electric car it would probably be a future version of the Volkswagen Golf. This is what I imagine my life being in 14 years. It's not too unrealistic but it's also not guaranteed to actually happen. Honestly it is all so far into the future that I can't see myself with any of this yet but I really hope that one day this dream becomes a reality. 

This was for a school submission assignment