Hope | Teen Ink

Hope

By Kelsey Ottmann SILVER, LaGrange, Maine
Kelsey Ottmann SILVER, LaGrange, Maine

Hope is to wish for something with the expectation of its fulfillment. Hope is looking at the glass half full. Hope is capturing the moment, soaking up the sun. Hope is looking for something beyond the ordinary- anticipating the greatest and dealing with the worst, in hopes of getting back to the good. Hope is finding the beauty in the mundane- stretching yourself to the limit. Hope is the thing that causes movement. Hope inspires, spreads light and love. Hope plays music, melodies that flow off lips and into ears. Hope love wells and often. Hope makes the world go ‘round. At the end of the day hope is all we have to reach another tomorrow. Hope inspires me. It perches deep within all of us, waiting for a chance to spring loose and release an output of positive. Hope is what transforms great thoughts into great action. Hope is knowing there is something bigger than self. Hope is looking into a mirror. Hope is grabbing a hold of life. Hope gives me strength. Hope is going another step when you have nothing left. Hope is found in giving- casting away. Hope is rolling on the horizon, glazed across the stars, and looking to break through the clouds. Hope loves me even when I don’t have the ability to love back. Hope changes the way we think and feel. We see hope in our friends, in our family. Hope is found in stories, lyrics, literature, and the universe. Hope is our motivation. Hope plants smiles across faces and links hands together. Hope overcomes boundaries, race, gender, age, nationality, stereotypes, prejudices, injustice, problems, and worries. Hope is looking outside of the box. Hope defeats the impossible- takes away can’t. Hope is found in the rain. Hope will always be here for me- even when nothing else is left. Hope usually seeps out when we need it the most. Beauty is forming- probably around a seed of hope. Hope will always make us go beyond who we are. Hope is waiting for a phone call. Hope is what inspires me to write. Hope is looking for a way to change the world.
Hope is all we have.

maza.love GOLD said...
maza.love GOLD, Las Vegas, Nevada
I wish I could think like this! I do most of the time, but I always worry about my hopes being disappointed. If more people thought like this, the world would be a better place!