Funniest? Home Videos | Teen Ink

Funniest? Home Videos MAG

Through the years, you most likely have seen"America's Funniest Home Videos" or "World'sFunniest." These shows are intended to be funny andentertaining, but when I caught a few episodes, I found a lotof the material quite disturbing. I am talking about the partswhere people, much of the time children, are physically hurton camera, which the audience finds quite amusing. I literallycouldn't believe what I was seeing on television.

Twochildren, presumably related and younger than the age of ten,are riding their bikes around in the street, while a man,probably the father, tapes them. The children collide, beginto sob profusely and the hosts, along with the audience, allhave a nice long laugh. Madness. In another situation, a childand his father are playing catch with a baseball. The manpasses the ball to the boy, and then, as if not seeing itcoming, the boy guns the ball back at his father, and hits himdirectly in the groin. Then everybody laughs it up. I can'tbelieve this entertains people. I can only think that it ishuman nature to enjoy watching others in pain. I myself do notenjoy watching these things, unless I know they are fake, likein movies. I guess a certain part of the population can beentertained by things such as a large object being dropped onsomeone's head, or a baby falling out of its walker and cryingits eyes out.

thelibrarian BRONZE, Longville, Louisiana

men are like steel, if they lose thir temper, they lose thier worth

-chuck norris

idiot!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!