The Lost Boy | Teen Ink

The Lost Boy

By DaBestest BRONZE, Sacramento, California
DaBestest BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Ever wondered what it felt like to be unloved, put from foster home to foster home? That was the life for David. Abused and put into a different foster home almost every month. He went from sleeping in a basement to be a well-mannered successful young man.

David, a 9-year-old boy who has no place to call home. Is ridiculed by society and doesn’t have many friends. Abused at home by his brothers and mother. 

His mom gives him a chance to walk out the door since he’s always complaining. He takes the chance and runs, runs as far away as he can. His life changes for the better after meeting an angel named Ms. Gold. 

I would recommend this book to kids aged 13-15, since it’s about looking to be loved by a family and having a home. What it feels like to be a foster kid, and what they go through. The Lost Boy shows that no matter what happened in the past you CAN be successful.

This book is such an eye opener to kids who neglect the good things in life or don’t realize what they really have. David really shows his emotions with certain things that happen to him.

I’m 14 and I thoroughly enjoyed this book.