Blood | Teen Ink

Blood

March 9, 2011
By CWells_521 DIAMOND, Greene, New York
More by this author
CWells_521 DIAMOND, Greene, New York
81 articles 0 photos 45 comments

Favorite Quote:
The best things in life are unseen, that's why you close your eyes when you kiss, cry, or dream.
What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.


The author's comments:
More chapters coming soon!

The tree branches moved swiftly in the wind, casting sad shadows on the ground. This was it. She had been preparing herself, mentally, for this for months. And now it was time. With a grin plastered to her face, she placed her finger gingerly on the trigger. Her heart thumped and slammed itself against it's bone cage over and over. Her pulse increased with adrenaline rush.

She stayed completely still, although it wouldn't have mattered. She couldn't have picked a better night. The clouds cast darkness, alowing no light to be seen and the wind blew vigorously. She waited. Trisha Henningway walked down this empty street ever night on her way home from her store clerk job. But tonight, she wouldn't make it home.

Danielle's hand was becoming sweaty, and she was about to wipe it away, when a distant noise caught her attention. It was a voice. She leaned forward slightly to get a better listen. "Yes. Look, I'm almost home, I'll call you when I get home. Josh....Okay. I love you, too. Bye."

Trisha Henningway turned the corner as she put her phone back in her pocket. She was about ten yards from where Danielle was waiting, sitting in a tree branch, hidden from her sight. Trisha twisted her ponytail around absentmindedly, unaware of what the future held. She wasn't in a hurry, she took small, slow steps on this abandoned road.

Impatient, but very content, Danielle waited, seconds away from her victory. She had watched Trisha walk home on this road every night for the past two months. She wasn't a stalker, she was doing research. The best part, this road was abandoned. No one lived around here. Danielle had enough time to get away.

Only steps away from her death, Trisha stopped suddenly, looking at the tree, something had caught her attention. Danielle held completely still and watched with eagerness. Trisha shook her head, clearing her mind and stepped forward. At that moment, Danielle's gloved hands touched the trigger and lightly pulled it, allowing the bullet to escape. A perfect shot.

Trisha didn't scream. She touched her punctured chest, looked at the blood on her hand and dropped to the ground. Danielle after a moment, very carefully jumped out of the tree, dropping the gun by the trunk of the tree. She walked over to Trisha, who was still slightly alive but in shock. "Trisha, I told you never to get in my way. And I meant what I said."

Danielle pulled a dead and brittle rose from her coat pocket and dropped it on Trisha's legs. She blew her a kiss, smiling at the fear frozen in Trisha's eyes and then ran. She ran down the street, the way Trisha had come, across a field, through the cemetary, and into the park. She slipped into a group of kids from school, unnoticed.

"Did anyone hear that?" A blonde, stuck-up, cheerleader asked.

"Yeah. I did."

"Me too." She turned around and looked at me.

"What do you think it was?"

She masked my excitement with confusion. "I don't know. It kind of sounded like a gun. Maybe somebody was target practicing."

"In the dark?" A red-headed tomboy asked.

"Maybe," Mark Taylor, the quarterback said. "My dad sometime does."

"Yeah, but were not by where anyone lives. Maybe we should report it." the redhead girl said.

"Yeah, anyone have a phone on them? Mine's at home." She asked.

"Yeah, we can use mine." Another guy said from within the shadows.

Everyone gathered into a tight circle around the guy with the phone as he dialed 9-1-1. He put it on speaker just as a lady was answering.

"9-1-1 emergency."

"Yes, hi," The cheerleader started. "Um, my name's Lacey and I'm here in the park with a bunch of friends and we think we just heard a gunshot. It was pretty close sounding."

"Okay. Can you tell me all the friends that are with you?"

"Yeah, Mark Taylor, Chris Smith, Danielle Conners, and Missy Craig."

"Okay, you guys stay there. I'm sending someone over to check it out now."

"Okay, thank you," She said and hung up the phone.

This couldn't get any better. Soon, Trisha's body would be found. She couldn't wait to see the look on these kids' faces when they saw Trisha. And Danielle would act, right along with them. They would never know they were standing next to a killer.

They heard the sirens right before the cops pulled in beside them. Two cops got out of the car, Officer Robins and Officer Collins. They asked the kids a series of questions about who they were, their age, how long they'd been here and all of that nonsense. "Okay," Officer Collins began. "How long ago did you here the gunshot?"

Mark answered, "Just a minute or two before we called you guys."

"Okay, and can you point to which direction it came from?"

Danielle pointed to the same place as the other kids and luckily, it was right towards where Trisha's dead, bleeding body lay.

Another cop car pulled up. Officer Robins must have called it in. "Okay, we're sorry about this but we need you guys to split up into the back of the cars."

"Where are you taking us?" Missy asked.

"Well, we're heading to check out that scene but we need to bring you kids along. We can't allow you to go running around until we have figured out where the bullet cam from."

"Okay." They said in unison, and piled into the cars. Danielle got a window seat next to Mark and beside him, Chris. The other girls got into the other car.

Danielle just wanted to yell to the world about what she'd done but she distracted the sttention of the cops to herslef by having a conversation with the boys. "So I heard you guys won your game last night."

The boys high-fived. "Yeah it was 41 to 13."

"Who'd you play again?"

"The Spartens. Were you there?"

"No, I had to babysit my little sister."


"Oh that sucks."

"Yeah but I'm coming to Thursday's game."

"Sweet."

They stopped talking as the car pulled over to the side of the road and both officer's got out. They left their doors oopen, running towards a bloody body in the road. In the other car, the girls were out, their faces twisted in horror. "Hey, Danni, get out so we can check it out."

They ran over to the other girls and watched the cops work frequently to revive the body. Officer Robins was yelling into his radio. "Who is it?" Chris asked.

"Trisha Henningway." Missy whispered.

They all fell silent. Danielle pretended to be horrified and grabbed Mark's arm, like she was protecting herself. "Are you okay?" He asked her, grabbing her like she might fall.

"I don't like blood." She lied.

"It's okay. Wait, Trisha, wasn't she one of your best friends?"

Danielle sniffed and shook her head yes. Mark hugged her and said, "It's gonna be okay, just don't look."

She buried her face in his shoulder, pretending to sniff and get upset. But she was such a good liar.

The cops had let them go but warned them that they may be called in for more questioning. They had found the gun and dusted it but no fingerprints were there. Trisha was reported dead at the scene and her funeral was going to be sometime after the autopsy was done. They needed to find some evidence and recover the bullet. They might get the bullet, but no evidence.

Danielle danced around her room, super ecstatic. Her first killing had been two days ago and she was found completely innocent. The other kids had said she'd been with them the whole night, even though she hadn't. They must not have noticed.

But still, although her plan was working so far, she could still get caught. She needed to plant some fake evidence on someone else and frame them, fast. At any second, the cops could burst through her doors with a search warrant, not that they'd find anything, but someone needed to be guilty and it couldn't be her.

Besides, she had too many more people to target. She liked the rush it gave her and how easy it could be done. It made her crazy, but she like the way it felt. It was dangerous and deadly in many forms and she liked being apart of the danger. She liked the way Trisha's eyes froze with fear when she saw her. She liked the way she died, soaking up her own blood. She liked everything about the conccept of killing.

So, she needed a plan. She decided that she needed to frame one of the people who was with her that night. Not Chris or Mark, but one of the girls, either Missy or Lacey. Lacey seemed the easiest to target, plus, she liked Missy. So she would frame Lacey. She devised her plan.

The next day, she went down to the dollar store to get some supplies. With her gloved hands, she picked out two spiral notebooks, a package of blue ink for her computer,plastic bags, pink eyeliner and a package of rubber gloves. She checked out in a self-checkout isle so no one could see what she'd bought.

When she got home, no one was there. They left her a note saying they went shopping and wouldn't be back until after dinner. Good, that was good. She ran to her room with her items and layed them out on her bed on top of a clean blanket. Then, she put on a pair of rubber gloves and changed out the ink in her computer so it was blue, not black.

Then, she ripped out some of the notebook paper and switched it with her computer paper. On the first paper, in blue ink, she typed, I KNOW YOU DID IT. I KNOW YOU KILLED TRISHA AND SOON EVERYONE ELSE WILL TOO. That note would be going in Lacey's locker.

The next few notes went like this:
LACEY MCDONALD IS A KILLER. SHE KILLED TRISHA : There were sixty of these notes, that would be placed randomly around the school.

Danielle took each paper out and put them in plastic bags. Then she changed her ink back out and put the blue ink in a plastic bag with the rest of the notbook paper. Before closing the plastic bags, she drew a heart and the annitials of Lacey's older sister with pink eyeliner.

The next day was school. She walked so before she got there, she ripped up the store receipt into tons of pieces and scattered the pieces into different garbage cans. She got there early and put Lacey's note in her locker. She waited to make another move until after school. She stayed after and hid in the gym locker room until most of the teacher's were gone. Then she started. If anyone saw her, she'd say she forgot her math textbook and was just getting it real quick. No one saw her though. Everyone was gone. She put some of the notes into random kids lockers, one in the principal's office, two on bulletin boards and the rest in random teacher's rooms.

Then she stuck the pink eyeliner, in the bottom of Lacey's sister's locker. On her way home, she planted the notebook paper and blue ink in the garbage can outside of Lacey's house.

When she went home that night, she was fully satisfied. She threw her gloves into the neighbor's trash can and went to bed, happier than ever.

The next day, she went into school to find trouble. The entire student body was in chasos. The hallways were filled with noise up to the ceiling. The teachers were frantic and the principal was running through the halls trying to find Lacey.

Danielle opened her locker, her happiness masked with fake fear. People watched as a note fell out of her locker. They circled around her as she read it. She read it aloud, even though she already knew what it said. "LACEY MCDONALD IS A KILLER. SHE KILLED TRISHA."

A few of the people around her said, "Hey, I got that too."

"Wait. Is this true, did Lacey really kill Trisha. Trisha was my best friend."

"I don't know." Mark Taylor came out from behind some of the kids.

"I thought she was with us the whole night." Danielle said.

The other kids began to fade into the background, not caring anymore. "Yeah I did too. Hey, when did you show up?"

"I was walking around and stumbled into the park, saw you guys and went over. I was there like, ten minutes before the gunshot, but you probably didn't see me because of the shadows."

"Right. Well, that would mean that we were standing near a killer the whole night."

"Yeah."

"And it couldv'e been her because she's the one who brought it up, and she always brings stuff up about what she did that she doesn't want everyone to know. She thinks it will make her look innocent. Plus right before we heard the shot, she went off to go to the bathroom and right after the gunshot, she slipped back."

"Yeah, I know. It's all too weird. Well, I've got to go to class. But we'll just see what happens."

"Okay, see you later." He winked at her and walked away to his football buddies.

She was so happy, she practically danced to her first class. Everything was working out perfectly. Life was starting to seem....livable.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 8 comments.


on Jan. 13 2012 at 8:28 pm
Smileykin234 SILVER, Owasso, Oklahoma
8 articles 1 photo 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'm not lazy, I'm an energy saver.

CANT BEAT ME THEN jOIN ME1

Nicely done, Cant wait to read the rest of it! :D

on Jun. 27 2011 at 1:59 pm
CWells_521 DIAMOND, Greene, New York
81 articles 0 photos 45 comments

Favorite Quote:
The best things in life are unseen, that's why you close your eyes when you kiss, cry, or dream.
What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Thanks guys, hopefully I'll have more soon, but my laptop is broken right now so I can't get to my work...

on Jun. 27 2011 at 1:58 pm
CWells_521 DIAMOND, Greene, New York
81 articles 0 photos 45 comments

Favorite Quote:
The best things in life are unseen, that's why you close your eyes when you kiss, cry, or dream.
What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Thank you!

 


on Jun. 15 2011 at 4:03 am
InnerPoetryFreak BRONZE, Eugene, Oregon
3 articles 3 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you believe in what you are doing, then let nothing stand in your way. The best work of the world has been done against seeming impossibilities.

This is really good so far! I can't wait to see what comes next!

on Jun. 4 2011 at 4:56 pm
KristySparklez BRONZE, Sterling, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 53 comments

Favorite Quote:
Time only numbs all pain, it does not heal the wounds created by, nor does it heal the pain

this is amazing!!!! hope your writing more!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!

on Apr. 12 2011 at 9:20 am
MysteryHeart GOLD, Thorold, Other
14 articles 0 photos 60 comments

Favorite Quote:
Usted es especial! AKWARD!!! (in an opera like voice), ohhh fasha', what the huh?,who in the name of what?, sanity now!

Please finish it is soooooooo goood

 


Mak101 said...
on Mar. 23 2011 at 10:29 am
Mak101, Anonymous, Ohio
0 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
People can only break you if you let them.

can't wait for you to write more.

bubj98 BRONZE said...
on Mar. 13 2011 at 10:10 pm
bubj98 BRONZE, Oceanside, California
4 articles 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"hate is a strong word ,but love is a stronger one"
"sometimes batteries help when the little robot inside your head stops working"
"i guess that guy over there is like...alive?"

(shivers) i loved this.very dark.very intriging.