Hollowed Fairytale | Teen Ink

Hollowed Fairytale

May 1, 2011
By faerietalesdie SILVER, Riverside, California
faerietalesdie SILVER, Riverside, California
6 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Summary:

If asked, Susanna couldn’t tell you what’s wrong with her life. She loves it; it’s the best thing that’s ever happened to her, honestly. Sure, she doesn’t know how long it will last, but it’s all about the future baby. It’s what she lives for; it’s the only thing on her mind.

Her passion is photography because she wants to capture a beautiful moment and have it stay there. The ironic thing is that she doesn’t really think anything is worth saving.

Somehow, in the midst of waiting, she gets herself caught up in the fantasies of her younger mind, of a time when things weren’t so congenial. Suddenly, everything concrete, anything sure and wonderful, is a question. A string of nights and dangerously telling dreams completely tear open what she has believed about this world, or rather pretended to believe, and a new friend makes it easier for her to let go of everything she’s ever worked for. Slowly, she pieces together the fragments of past and present, and finds emotions and ideas she has never considered. But what do they matter if they condemn her to a fate very similar to death—the loss of humanity?


faerietalesdie

Hollowed Fairytale


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 4 comments.


Meko8195 said...
on May. 10 2011 at 10:54 am
Meko8195, Dover, Pennsylvania
0 articles 4 photos 96 comments

Favorite Quote:
The pressure makes us stronger, the struggle makes us hunger; the hard lessons make the difference...and the difference makes it worth it.

I to saw some small errors like saying "safe" instead of "save". small errors but other than that the stories great :)

on May. 7 2011 at 12:49 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other
31 articles 6 photos 577 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

I think the only errors I saw may have been some past/present tense problems. Other than that, it was really good. I think you’re succeeding in making it a sort of puzzle :)

on May. 5 2011 at 6:30 pm
faerietalesdie SILVER, Riverside, California
6 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Thank you! The second chapter is supposed to be like that. It makes a lot more sense after reading the third chapter. The whole story is supposed to be a puzzle (I just don't know if I suceeded in making it one).

What sort of errors are there? I wouldn't be surprised if I mispelled something.

Ok! I'll defintely check it out. I like the sound of the title all ready.

Thank you again!


on May. 5 2011 at 9:15 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other
31 articles 6 photos 577 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

Hey! I love the sense of mystery in the first chapter. For a second, I had no idea what was going on. I like the style of your writing, even though I caught a few minor errors that can be taken care of easily. I’m interested to see where the story is going. And if you’d like, check out my novel--Wandering Soul. I’m kind of posting it as I write, and I’d appreciate some feedback. Thanks. Anyway, keep writing :)