A witches heartbeat | Teen Ink

A witches heartbeat

March 9, 2011
By XlovelySerenityX GOLD, pannama city, Florida
More by this author
XlovelySerenityX GOLD, Pannama City, Florida
19 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Theres nothing to fear but fear itself."


Author's note: Some how i always want to play with the myths and now i have and it feels great to get my views of some of the old creatures.

I hate many things. Now what I am is one of them. I can never tell a human lover for fear they try to dismantle me. I remember the words my mother spoke to me as she told me I was a witch. When your born a witch ,half or full, when you hit puberty you will be given a date that you must always do a spell by. Spells are like our bloodline with out it you will perish. Witches aren't the only things that are out there. There are vampires werewolves and even gods. Demons too but they are supposed to stay in human form its the human law. Mother spoke words to me 'that you're to be proud of who you are and make the best of your ability's many people will fear and hate you. Don't worry about them there jealous find your soul mate and live for a every long time.' I took those words to heart. I was proud of what I was and who I am and when puberty came around I study the ways of witch craft. I memorized the names of all the flowers and there meanings. I learned to make spells for healing and even a few curses. She taught me magic without potions. I had the best childhood. My parents were killed when I was eleven. I was rich and was adopted quickly but the step parents weren't happy because they couldn't get a dime of the money. I was eighteen when I received all the money my parents left behind. I didn't need a job but I took up a part time job and moved back into the house my parents had bought. A year later I decided that college would give me something to do and something else to be. Walking in on the first day was like walking into kinder garden. You were clueless as to what to expect. My hand shook as I knocked on the door before entering. “Ah you must be Kristina Allen Johnson.”
“Yes.” I replied to the tall woman with bright red hair and gleaming green eyes. Her pink clothes set her apart from everyone else in the room. Turning she looked for a vacant seat “Ah you you can sit by Anthony Rodriguez. Stand up please Rodriguez.” A tall blond with earnest green-blue eyes stood up and smiled at me. It wasn't long before we started dating. Which leads us up to two years ago. It was like any other day. Expect that day I asked Anthony to go to a party with me. We went and he got drunk so as I was driving him home a drunk driver hit us head on. My Anthony was throw out the car and was cut in half for not wearing his seat belt right and I was pinned. It took another hour before anyone passed us. After that it was mere minutes until the sirens were deafening. The jaws of death came and opened my door so they could pull me out of the car. My wrist was broken in several place and my ankle was twisted and I was not as bad as I would have expected but as they wheeled me by the car I seen the driver dead and Anthony in a body bag. I knew immediately it was my fault and I wept until my eyelids were to heavy and even then I cried in my sleep. I was out of the hospital in less then two weeks. A year later I picked up the alcohol and quite my job. One night I dreamed of the crash. I had the
best
and
worst
idea in the entire world.

I was crazy with guilt I knew that. But I thought it might work.
All the beer I drank earlier didn't help. I thought maybe I could mix a few potion just right I could bring him back. But that was not what happened. Okay I'm getting two far ahead of myself. I had quit my job and I was excessively drinking and spending all my time in my home. I was dreaming when a crazy thought passed through my head what if a potion that allows you to contact dead spirits and a potion to bring inanimate objects to life and you mix them together could you bring back the dead? I didn't know but I was going to try. It was my fault he's in the dirt. I had never meant for it to happen. I got to work gathering all the ingredients. I didn't need to be drunk when I do this I went back to bed popping a few headache pills before hand. When I got up I was happy that I took those pills 'cause I didn't have a headache. I got something to eat. I started off with the cup of water then I added wolfs bane. I was going backwards to see if I only had to do the calling spirit that might bring him to life with out the other. I added a vampires fang before putting it over a small fire. Then as it slowly began to boil I added his favorite shirt and his lock of hair he gave me what seem like ages ago. I began to chant as I added the bat eyes and lizard tongue. “Calling to the stream of life centered in the forest of gods.” I added a few more things. “ Past meets future and future meets past,” The words flew from my mouth unbidden. “Take me to fix what haunts me. Fix what breaks my heart. To fix the past and create a new future.” As the words left my lips my world went black. I woke up in a very cold wet place. My head throbbed and I had to take a deep breathe as not to remove my stomach through my mouth. Shifting a wave of dizziness hit me. Standing I felt myself tipping as the ground rose to slap me in the face. Closing my eyes I waited for the sting. Seconds passed and I opened my eyes. I felt some thing on my arm. Moving my eyes in a way that made the dizziness less I seen a hand. A very nice muscular hand. Sighing I closed my eyes till the dizziness passed. Opening my eyes I followed the hand to its owner. Gasping as my eyes looked into the eyes of the stranger. His eyes were so brown they were almost black. Looking into them I felt like I was falling and being swallowed by the deep endless color. I didn't realized that he was speaking to me until he called my name. “Kristina....Kristina.”
“Yea ?” I managed now watching his lips move not paying much attention to the words. I just want to kiss those lips that look like they were pouting even as he talked.
“Your spell was tampered with and I put those words in your head you were given a second chance to save Anthony. Its 2 weeks before the wreak so now you have to get there.”
“What?” I said chiding my self. His black hair fell into eyes. I really need to focus. Not on his lips! Stop it! Not there either...wow it seems that is defiantly well endowed.
“You have to trek from here to Wisconsin.”
“Where are we and who are you and how do you know me.”
He was silent he eyes showed he was contemplating on how to answer before he smiled. His dimples were hot. Why was I attracted to him? I barely know him. But there's a pull that I feel towards him.
“I'm the angel of death. The angel of destiny or at least one of them was supposed to be here. You are in Europe. I'm death I know Everyone.”
“Ha ha right I'm gonna go now.”
Yea I'm near a loony. Great the guys hot but he's crazy just my luck. As I'm turning a bright light flashes.
“I see she didn't believe you death?”
“No destiny.”
“I told you.”
“Okay I might be a little more believing if I weren't wet cold and In the wrong country.”
“Well sorry but if really want to save that human boy you must have some sorta trial. The oracles even gave you a prophecy.”
“Great does it say anything important .” I asked.
“One is here and one is there, two souls exist not in the same place. Past to future and future to past she will find love anew in another' s arms. To save the one who she cries for she must embrace the other half. She is not part witch and part human but part goddess and part witch.”
“What that's not possibly my father is human.”
“Not what the oracles say.” The one that's destiny drawls.
“Where are we in Europe?”
“In Tokyo.”
“Great I don't speak Japanese.” I shouted.
“I do.”

We had managed to get a hotel room because my credit card was in my back pocket. Most likely from buying the ingredients. I was thankful to all the gods and I got a room for two people meaning two beds but we ended up in a room with one bed. Sighing I looked to the angel of death before turning to look in the full length mirror. I needed to change my clOHes bad. “Your going clOHes shopping with me.”
“Why?” he asked frowning slightly. His eyes showed confusion at being left here to watch over me.
“Because you speak Japanese and I don't. Wait I'll just do something else.”
I mutter a spell to allow me to speak and understand Japanese for a few hours. Come to think of it why didn't I think of that to begin with? Gosh all that beer has made me so stupid. The angel of destiny didn't stay not that I expected her too. She had long black hair and hazy red eyes her clOHes were black mini skirt and a black halter top. She stood a round total of 5'3. Compared to my 5'11 she was short. Shopping was something I had not done in years and it was more fun then I remembered. I went to the nearest gOH shop and got death and me a few outfits. We were going by plane tomorrow and I needed clOHes bad. Sides it wasn't as if death wasn't already playing the part. He looked at me then. “What?” his warm smoOH voice asked.
“NOHing.” I sighed out. I have never felt this way around a guy not even Ant. I looked the slight warmth for his eyes and I've only known him about six hours know.
“What is your name?”
He looked shocked at the question. Maybe he thought that all the beer had gone to my brain and then some.
“No ones ever asked. Do you want an answer?”
I was going to say no but his eyes betrayed the pain and lonesomeness of his job.
“Of course and about your past and how you came to be death.”
“Inquisitive much? Well I'll need payment.”
“But I'm buying you clOHes.”
“No need I can change my clOHes at will.”
“Then what do you want?”
“Hmm well a kiss?”
“Well that's different but as long as I can get an answer all right I'm game for it.”
He leaned forward for a kiss and I closed my eyes and his lips landed on my cheek.
“I was born in sixteen oh five. My mOHer was a prostitute and when I was small she and I would bath together before she brought her men home to eat for the night. My father was a rich man who would often when they were married made her do it anyway. I became death after I got sick with influenza and the OHer death came and trained me to be him. My name is Jastenteal”
“Really?”
“Yeah I had a tough time for awhile I think mOHer thought I should do it to but then I fell ill and she had to leave me in that house until I died.”
“Oh man that has to have sucked. I am so sorry. I thought I had it bad.”
“Well some of us are more fragile then OHers you are extremely emotionally fragile.”
“Thanks.” I muttered sarcastically.
I tried on many different outfits until death told me that I should get the one I was wearing. It was a red and black dress that was like the old fashion clOHes but it went to my knees and the rest was lace that went down to the floor. The dress was long sleeved and flowed from the wrist. I found a pair of heels and bought some make up too. I had a second dress that was similar to that one but blue and no lace.
“It looks really nice on you.”
“Thanks.”
“Would you like to buy this coat to miss?”
“Oh wow its lovely overcoat!”
“It will complement your outfits miss.” the old woman said kindly.
“Thank you. Can I wear this out of the store when I buy them?”
“Oh of coarse you look wonderful.”
“Thank you.”
“That's twenty four thousand nine hundred and sixteen yen.”
“Here you go.”
“Thank you bye bye.”
“Wow that's not bad. Three hundred dollars for two dresses an overcoat and a make up kit.”
“How much was it four the plane ticket and to stay the night at the hotel?”
“Together it was five hundred and sixty four dollars.”
“Well that's not bad at all considering were traveling half way around the world.”
“Yeah.”
We went to the hotel and I showered before remembering I have no sleeping clOHes.
“Hey Jastenteal can you get me some night clOHes by chance?”
“Yeah did you forget some?”
“Yep pretty much....I am an idiot.”
With the towel wrapped around by body he hands me a pair of black pj's through the crack in the door.
“Thanks.”
“Yeah of coarse. My job for a while is to be of assistance to you.”
“Well you are a lot of help I suppose.”
“Hey I am not incompetent.”
“We shall see. But please be careful and watch your back to.”
“No need to I am immortal.”
“I am immortal to unless I am burned.”
“I have no way to die for I am death itself.”
“That sounded kind of cheesy.”
“Yeah well its true.”
“Okay okay.” I say walking out of the bathroom. “Your turn.”
“Okay.”
He glides in to the bathroom and I make the bed into equal parts so we can share it properly without ever touching. He was out of the bathroom and ready for bed when I finished. He raised his eyebrow as if in questioning my sanity.
“I am not going to molest you in your sleep. I am an angel.”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.