The Natives | Teen Ink

The Natives

By TarynWilliamson BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
TarynWilliamson BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado

“Music makes my blood flow. I don't know anyone who doesn't have a favorite song. I just want to be the messenger.” - Brandon Flowers

Summary:

The world as everyone knew it has been completely demolished and taken over by the new leaders of society. They call themselves revolutionists, but really they are tyrannical extremists trying to make the world as they want it. Raleigh Lake is just one of the few thousand survivors left in the world after the viral epidemic that took place just three and a half years ago. She lost her family, her friends, neighbors and the love of her life. Now, she struggles to find happiness in a world filled with corruption and heartlessness. That's when River comes along. He's been assigned to her as a new partner, something she hasn't had for a couple years now. She's reluctant to accept him into her life and he's eager to please, but very afraid of her intimidating presence. They soon realize however that they were put together for a reason and that they must work together before what's left of their world gets destroyed even further.

Taryn W.

The Natives

PJD17 SILVER said...
PJD17 SILVER, Belleville, Illinois

I do the best imatation of myself- Ben Folds

Great story  really well written  could you please take a look at and comment on my story  Manso's Shame

Lehman69 said...
on Mar. 22 2011 at 1:51 am
This is epic! That's all I gotta say! Keep it up! Great read!

MikeRob23 said...

I really like this...

It's powerful and very interesting, keeps you wondering...

I can't imagine what's going to happen next, the suspense is KILLING me!

Please hurry up and write more!

I really like it...

WOW! This is one of the greatest books I've read on TeenInk.  Currently, I'm reading The Host and this isn't really similar, but it has that same "end of the world" feel.  Not all doom and gloom though...I feel like there's some hope for these characters.

Great job!

Keep writing!

<3 Diana M.

GrrrlOnFire said...
i was so impressed by just the preface.  i'll be honest, i didn't read the entire first chapter today, but i bookmarked it. it's just as good, if not better, than anything in a bookstore. i would spend just as much money on this at barnes & noble as i would on a "real" novel. u got skills. no lie.  it's such great writing, better than a lot of others. this is good. i will deff keep reading. good luck!

2012 meets Avatar meets awesome.  This is truly literature.  Thanks for sharing!

DarenMike said...
Wow! This is such a great read!  I can't believe how well written it is for a teen writer!!! Email me when you're famous!! I love it so far!!! Keep posting!

AmyCee said...
This is incredibly epic.  I can't wait for the second chapter to come out.  The preface is absolutely breathtaking and the first chapter is so unique.  I can't wait to see where the book goes.  I would absolutely buy this!  I mean, it's unlike anything else I've ever read, and has a great feel to it.  Great write.  Hope you go far! :)