Ghost Lullaby | Teen Ink

Ghost Lullaby

By Caleigh SILVER, Uniontown, Pennsylvania
Caleigh SILVER, Uniontown, Pennsylvania

I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see. -Disney's Alice in Wonderland

Author's note: Movies I've seen, and just things that have come to mind. I'm hoping people will enjoy my work.

The middle of December; Black ice covered the roads and streets. Stores all around the town were getting ready for Christmas, the joy was everywhere; the type of warm fuzzy feeling you get when you’re crush is next to you, the only pure joy that only Christmas can give you.

Christmas lights were strung from every lamp post; give the whole town a warm and joyous feeling that only Christmas can deliver.

People were so busy in getting their last minute shopping done and singing Christmas songs, that no one noticed the teen aged ghost girl sitting on the edge of a building, her long gangly legs hanging of the side of the building.

Her name was Eleanor Rigby, she was only twenty seven years old when she died; Eleanor wore an old tan colored winter coat that her mother had given to her many moons ago and she also wore a matching tan dress to go with her winter coat.

Eleanor listened with eager ears as a group of chorales started to sing “We Wish You A Merry Christmas”

She couldn’t remember the last time she felt---felt-----so peaceful.

She then jumped down from the three story building landing perfectly on her feet with ease, Eleanor then began to walk down the street singing rather loudly “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas” to herself.

Eleanor walked briskly down the street, she was about to pass the chorales when she decided to have a little fun with them.

Eleanor leaned into one of the chorale’s shoulder then whispered beautifully “Toys in every store” into his ear.

The man jumped in surprise at the sudden coldness that had just swept over him, he then gave his scarf a little tug;
“Darn cold…..” he muttered bitterly to himself.

Eleanor then chuckled to herself, and then kept walking.

After a short while of walking down the street, Eleanor found herself at the town’s church;

“Apple Wood Church” the sign read.

She smiled as she examined the church’s architecture. Eleanor just loved how beautiful the church looks at Christmas time; she loved that father Roger took the time to re-paint the little chapel.

The only thing that Eleanor didn’t like about the church was that there were a set of concrete stairs you had to climb to get the church’s front doors.

But beside that Eleanor loved that church; she then continued to walk down the road to nowhere in particular, just walk around and enjoy the beautiful winter wonderland god gave the world.

This book has 1 comment.

on Dec. 22 2014 at 7:40 am
MatchaJasmine BRONZE, Delhi, Other
Good starting.