Brielle | Teen Ink

Brielle

July 27, 2022
By CiaraLBennett, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
More by this author
CiaraLBennett, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Author's note:

This is only the first book, I wrote this book because I wanted to let people know that no one is going to be the same, and there is no need to try to fit in, just be yourself. Also to let people know that they are not the only one with problems, and that there is other people with problems

There was this girl here whose name is Brielle, Brielle is, how should I put this, different. Very different. Ever since she was born she had these powers, I guess is what you can say. When she was born, Brielle was under investigation, but a few years later she was let out, but the scientist couldn't find her parents. Brielle was able to control these powers, but she was the first that they found that actually had powers. So Brielle was put into an adoption home, She has had a very rough past. Once she did get adopted, her life changed, these people who adopted her were very surprised what she could do, but once these adults found out about her powers, Brielle couldn't bear to call them mom and dad any longer.

Hello i'm Brielle, and Im 14 years old, my legal guardians are 40, and 45. You may ask “why don't you just call them mom and dad?” Well it all started when I was just a little kid. My adoption center didnt tell them about my powers, because everyone was scared of me, or they just wanted to use me. Well that's what happened with my new guardians. My power makes it so whatever I write down, or even draw comes true, when I was little, my thoughts came true, that's why when I was a baby, I went under investigation.  When I was little I would draw things and that's how I ended up in the science lab. And got let out 7 years later, and after those 7 years, my mom and dad abandoned me, and that's when I got put up for adoption. Now why don't we get into the now.

“BRIELLE!” screamed the rotten woman “yes” I  replied “Can you draw some food and money we are running out, and it's thanksgiving, so if you want your friends here tonight I recommend you listen.” “Ok” “while you're at it draw more paper, tons of it” she commanded me“I WISH YOU WOULDN'T HAVE ME DO ALL YOUR DIRTY WORK, LAST YEAR YOU HAD ME DRAW YOUR EX DEAD!”I screamed as I just couldn't listen to that old woman, any longer. “DON'T YOU DARE BRING THAT UP BRIELLE MAE!” screamed the old woman. As you can tell I'm not the very best at listening to my legal guardians, this is only 6:30 am. But I had to continue on to school. School was absolutely rotten, kids at school were just awful, they always wanted to be my friend, just because. When I tell them my secret it's a different story. I know I know, if the scientist tested you and you were on the news why don't you just tell people? Well that's because most of them just want to use me, I understand why, but you have to think about a person's feelings before wanting to just, well use them, there is no short way of saying that.

After school is bad too, middle school is the worst building to be in. Everyone thinks they are, well all grown up, they might as well think they are an adult, just without paying for rent, or owning their own house. They even act like that at school, they try to make fun of me all the time, I don't even know why, they hate my brown hair, they hate my whole personality, and the fact that I'm so positive about my body. One time they stuck gum in my hair, ON PURPOSE! I had to cut off my hair, because of the damage. Me in a school, and neighborhood, full of kids that just act like they have it all, but don't, act like they don't have problems, but do. Little does anyone know, I have the worst of it, They don't understand one thing I go through. Whenever I go home my guardians are always fighting, but they are too lazy to get a divorce. If they were to get a divorce, I would get taken away, I would do anything in the world for them to get a divorce. The one thing you need to learn in life is that nothing is going to be equal, not everyone is going to be nice, and not everything is going to go your way, but well some kids don't seem to like to think that, they think they get whatever they want, especially if your one of the rich kids. 

As I walked home, I had so many thoughts running through my head, what if I can draw my own house, run away, draw money, go to get food, or even draw food. What if I ran away from the two people I hate most, would they even care if I ran away? They would be miserable, because I have all the power they would ever want. I would still go to school, just on the low, I would have to change how I look, how I act, would I have to change my name? No, I would never. I will dye my hair black, have green contacts, and dress well like a rich kid, I have no choice. I got home, they were signing papers? For what? I didn't care, I had to leave. I drew a house far out in the country, and added very good decorations, how I wanted to decorate it. I got clothes, and my own phone. When night came around I had no choice but to quit my old life, and start a more happy, better one. I had to find my birth parents.

After 1 day I had finally biked to my house, I even drew a car, I knew how to drive, I just never could. I was under lock down when I lived with my old guardians. Then I got to it , I drew hair dye, black hair dye. I drew contacts, green contacts. That day I made sure I had everything in my house that I needed of course, And just some, just some that I wanted. When the next day came, I thought it was all a dream, but I have actually done it, I now live in my own house, I have a driver's license, I have everything I have ever wanted. So I decided to drive to school, but I couldn't go in, I needed a parent to sign me up, so I drove back home, and I had to get homeschooled. Like I said not everything can go the way you wanted. I drew a computer, I did my school, and got on my phone. What's this? S-o-c-i-a-l M-e-d-i-a? What is that? I signed up for it. I instantly got lots of followers, I think that's how you say it. I needed to show my powers first of course. I thought if I wanted to find my real parents I was going to need to have a public life, and look up my last name. When I did I think I had found my aunt, I then went in the phone book and looked up her name. I found it! I had to call her! Once I did, we talked for a while, then I gave her my address, so then she could visit. Before she could come I needed to clean up my house, and prepare for dinner. Once I cleaned I had to find something I could make for dinner, Or atleast draw for dinner.

I woke up the next morning and I had waited till dinner, still cleaning. I thought my house wasn't clean enough. Then I heard the knock, it should be her, I opened the door, and there she was, I had dinner ready, and now all I needed to do was start a conversation about my mom and dad. Once I did she quickly changed the subject. Once I tried bringing it up again, she did it again. I stood up and cried out “Why do you keep dodging my questions about my mom and dad!” I started to cry. All I wanted was to know my real parents. She took a deep breath in and told me the truth “Your parents left. They left you. They also had powers. Your dad and mom both did, they were being selfish and thinking about themselves, not wanting to get tortured for having powers.” I started to cry more. “If you really want to see them, you need a plane ticket to California. That's when I started to draw. My aunt looked and stared at me, “There is more you have to learn about your power” I looked at her with an unhinged look “what do you mean?” “You don't only have that power.” she continued. “I will talk to you more after you find your parents.” Just like that she disappeared. I swiftly get my stuff ready for California, I thought of a suitcase full of clothes for California, just like that, there it was, all I needed for California.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.