Worlds Between Worlds | Teen Ink

Worlds Between Worlds

December 14, 2020
By ToxicSnow_, Pomona, California
More by this author
ToxicSnow_, Pomona, California
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Cause two can keep a secret
If one of them is dead..."


Author's note:

This is really just something I came up with on a whim. Enjoy nonetheless! :D

The author's comments:

Ok this is really short, I tried. It might not be very interesting, but any feedback? :D

A flurry of colors swirled around the sky and the pounding of feet was constant. Dragons, long horns, broad wings, or Sirens with their enchanting song, they were all there - fighting the next up-and-coming race, humans. The clashing of swords, breathing of fire, stomping of feet, they could all have been heard miles away -- you know what, there was probably fighting there too. Oswald, shy, but persistent, had been preparing for this moment, as overused as it sounded, but he really was prepared. 


“SOUND OF THUNDER, ROLL OF SEAS, HEAR MY PLEA, 

This war has been on for ages,

And yet it continues,

Blood and water spills,

Not leaving any time for mills.

SO SEAS THUNDER GRASS AND AIR, 

COME TOGETHER TO END THIS DESPAIR!”


All at once it ended. Probably as quickly as it started -- okay maybe not, but the effort was there. 


Silence, pure silence, everyone stopped, looked at the sky. A blue mist was floating over the atmosphere, breaking the bridge that once allowed both parties to clash together for war. The planets, now unbound, drifted in opposite directions, since their masses are now limited from each other. Oswald, both mystical and down-to-earth, had dropped. Dead. His strong efforts remained effective. For now.

The rivers no longer ran red, but instead a blue. The trees weren’t scorched and the land had taken a turn for the better, a new land, a land without any recollection of the wars long ago.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.