Genica | Teen Ink

Genica

March 16, 2020
By feliznavadia, Laurel, Maryland
feliznavadia, Laurel, Maryland
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Summary:

February 14, 2037

In the Dawson Creek laboratory, two scientists, Victoria Lawson and Noah Hall, are found investigating a doctor’s follow up assessment of the newborn babies that previously had a life-altering procedure performed on them. For the first time, they were able to test Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats (CRISPR) on 5 human embryos, to be specific, 2 boys and 3 girls from 5 different countries. Everything had gone smoothly for the entire procedure. But today (6 months after the procedure), they received a follow up from the doctor that had suspected a slight change in each of the babies that differed from the ‘norm’. The doctor wanted to know if CRISPR had any ‘peculiar side effects’ that Hall and Lawson had not mentioned to him before. The truth was that they weren't aware of any.

2 years later, the scientists received yet another earth-shattering follow-up assessment. Apparently, the now 2-year-old toddlers had developed some kind of ‘supernatural abilities’.

The changes turned out to be not so slight after all.


feliznavadia

Genica


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.