The Utopia | Teen Ink

The Utopia

October 14, 2016
By SamQ8 BRONZE, Stratham, New Hampshire
More by this author
SamQ8 BRONZE, Stratham, New Hampshire
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Utopia
    I must have waited for that kid for centuries. Why was he taking such a long time to come down. I could see his containment unit, its side was open. Why hadn’t he left? It wasn’t hard. I sat there pondering for a while longer and then I heard his voice. “Is there a ladder or something so I can get down?” he yelled. I replied, “Just jump, it sounds crazy but trust me.” “Why should I trust you,” he bellowed, “You put me in a prison cell for nothing.” “Actually there was a reason,” I shouted back, “You were going crazy, you wouldn’t stop yelling.” “People tend to do that when they are on the back of a moose going at 100 billion miles an hour!” He screamed back. “Kid, I’ve got stuff to do,” I yelled back in frustration, “Just jump down so I can get along with my life, there’s a crash pad that will generate as soon as you are ten meters above the ground!”

    He was crazy, The man was crazy. That was the only conclusion I could come to. I was more than happy to just sit there and wait until he got me a ladder so I could properly get down. Even though I could clearly see that he was not going to get me a ladder, I still waited. Then, when I went to peer over the side to see where he was, a force pushed me over the edge, I screamed in terror as my entire life flashed before my eyes. I shut my eyes and waited to hit the ground. Then, I felt a soft touch. It was like a warm blanket on a cold winter day. Like falling in fresh, powdery snow. I opened my eyes and saw this blue, hologram-like object. This must have been the crash pad. I got of the pad and looked up, guess who I saw. The man. He pushed me over the side. “What the heck, man,” I shrieked, “Why did you do that!?” “You weren’t going to jump on your own,” he responded, “Then I thought of this idea, and it worked. I told you that you would be fine.” The man then jumped down. After he had gotten off the pad, it retracted back into the ground where it had originated from. When he got off, I asked him where we were, “New York City, the year is 2316.” I was amazed. It was so cybernetic, yet organic. “This is great,” I exclaimed as we walked through the streets, “It’s so clean, it’s got breathable air and Wall Street isn’t corrupt!” “Yeah, we pride ourselves on that. Ever since the revolution ended all cities in America have been on the rise in quality in every aspect.” I was confused, “What revolution?” “Oh right, you are from 2016 before the election. Trump got elected and ten used the government funds to create a serum so that he could stay alive for ever and not die of old age. After he did that he forced a law on the country that said he could have as many terms as he wanted. Then he raised taxes, started ten wars and said some pretty stupid things until 2300 when a rebellion was formed. It was led by a descendant of Mark Hamill named Thomas Hamill. In 2302 Thomas and the rebellion stormed the White House and killed Donald Trump. Thomas then assumed control of the country and ended the wars brought taxes down and reinstated the two term only rule. Ever since the leaders of the country have been working to create cleaner cities with cleaner energy.” “Wow,” I said, “That’s impressive.” I had always thought that the next few centuries wouldn’t be that bad, but apparently that was not the case. The man kept walking and then turned, I followed. “Welcome to my house.” The man said. I was standing in front of the former United Nations building.

John seemed amazed. But he didn’t know that the UN moved to Washington D.C. I used to be a part of it, until they kicked me out. I was framed. They thought that I planted the bomb there. So they all left in fear and built a new headquarters, away from me. Ever since the scandal arose, I had been living in my old office. It was the only home I had after they took it all away. I continued to feel sorry for myself and then I heard John’s voice, “This is your house, it’s amazing!” “I don’t pride myself on it,” I said, “It’s more a personal chamber of horrors.” “Why?” John asked, “In my time, this building is a symbol of peace.” I hated these questions, John was asking too many of them. It just made me think more about that day when they took it all from me. That was ten years ago, I needed to forget. I needed to get the answer from him.

I didn’t understand why the man was like this. He was kind of mumbling when I asked him questions, his general appearance looked more sad than usual. We entered the building. It was certainly up to date technology-wise, but it was abandoned. Was the man hiding something from me. I got nervous. What if he was some sort of criminal who wanted me dead. What if he’s a time traveling assassin. Nonetheless, I continued on with him. We came to the elevator at the end of the hall. We got in and it shot up. It was like a bullet going at the speed of light. Within mere seconds we were at his room, which was an abandoned office. It had an immense window overlooking the entire futuristic New York City. By now it was late, the man made us dinner and we sat down to eat. Then he spoke, “Do you know why I took you from your time? I took you because you are an important lead to the answer to the question of the universe.” I had no idea what the question of the universe was but I just went with it. “The question of the universe is the final piece into recreating the core. You see John, over the years Trump destroyed the core of the planet because of its metals. We almost have plans to recreate a new one, but the only power able to do that is the power that created the universe. If we can answer the question of the universe, as the scientists call it, the we can find out how to recreate the core. However if the answer falls into the wrong hands, then It could lead to the destruction of this planet, and possibly the whole universe.” Then all of a sudden, there was a red flashing light that came through the window. “Oh my god,” the man said, “They found me, I don’t know how but they found me.” Then the glass broke and two men came in. We tried to fight them off, but after they entered, it all went black.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.