Paradox | Teen Ink

Paradox

By ThatOneWritingGirl PLATINUM, Greenwood Village, Colorado
ThatOneWritingGirl PLATINUM, Greenwood Village, Colorado

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
Love Always. :)
When the tides of life turn against you and the current upsets your boat, don't waste time and tears on what might have been, just lie on your back and float.

Summary:

The only thing twenty-two-year-old Candace Madoc and sixteen-year-old Allie Cross have in common is the worldwide mass murder of over a hundred people. Candace, the cause. Allie, a victim. Fictional character Violet, their worst nightmare.

Candace’s invention brings fictional characters into the real world—a seemingly harmless aspiration until the invention is stolen, hordes of fictional monsters begin wrecking havoc, and corpses start piling up throughout New York. Now all Candace wants is to destroy the invention, but she has no idea how to find the thief. It shouldn’t be too difficult, however, because the thief is looking for her, too. The thief needs something from Candace. Something with the potential to make a catastrophic situation even worse.

Meanwhile, Allie Cross’s already dysfunctional life gets an unexpected twist in the form of slick—and fictional character—Tack Slater. Despite their budding romance, neither Allie nor Tack has any idea he’s from a different world. When someone abducts Allie’s best friend and the invention, Allie and Candace’s paths collide, and they must work together to stop the thief from implementing her plans.

Katie W.

Paradox

Love Always. :)

Thanks so much for reading it! It means a lot(:

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This is absolutely, amazing! I read your other book, "The R Word,' in one sitting; and I read this in one sitting too. You're an amazing and talented writer and person. I agree that you should get this published, because this is just phenomenal. Haha, to em. It sounded there maybe more coming, but that's just me. This was just fantastic; it kept on the edge. You have such a talent and greatness and light in you; and you are an fantastic writer and person. Thank you so much, my friend! For sharing this. :) 

on Apr. 19 2014 at 11:58 am
GhostMatrix SILVER, Bradenton, Florida

Live Each Day To The Fullest. -Quote From Somewhere Else-

I'm Whatever You Want Me To Be - My Quote -

on Apr. 19 2014 at 11:55 am
GhostMatrix SILVER, Bradenton, Florida

I Love It.   Its Realy Amazing.   What are the Creatures?   I was surprised that Candace had a brother.             Good Work.         Keep Writing.

Love Always. :)

Thank you so much! That's like the nicest thing ever. I'm so glad you like it so far!

Love Always. :)

Thanks so much for reading! I really appreciate it ;)

NOIZTHIMS GOLD said...
NOIZTHIMS GOLD, South Jordan, Utah

"If your eyes could speak, what... what would they say?" -Max (from "The Book Thief")

i'm going to read this all in one sitting, it's amazing. I like this better than some of the "bestseller" books that I've read. The charectors have a lot of realism and depth, the story so far is amazing. I'm not joking, go to a publisher with this.

Kestrel135 PLATINUM, Waterford, Connecticut

"Respect existence or expect resistance"

This was a great read! I only read the first two chapters, but they had me hooked. The first chapter was fluent and seamless, with the mystery that hooks the reader right away, and the excitement of rivalries already starting to brew, it was enticing to read. Your use of vocabulary was admirable, and the balance of action, dialogue, and thought was perfectly displayed. The first chapter was intruiging; an inventor, her mysterious invention - and the ghostly name at the end and his sudden appearance was wonderful and enticing. The second chapter was very dramatic, but in a way that was interesting as well as connecting to the character. You set up who these people were, where their loyalties lie, and how they react to unusual situations in a fluent, interesting, and consise manner. If this gets published, I would honestly go and buy it. Keep writing!