Bring Me To Life | Teen Ink

Bring Me To Life

May 24, 2013
By WannaBeWriter3, New Palestine, Indiana
More by this author
WannaBeWriter3, New Palestine, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
live your life to the fullest....


Author's note: When i was watching the originals in the Vampire Diaries i thought to my self, what if there were vampire royalty. What if vampires could have children one month every 100 years. AND THAT MY DEAR READERS IS HOW BRING ME TO LIFE WAS BORN!

The author's comments:
"Thanks to my editors, Heather Paugh and Jessica Mawhore, for fixing my MANY mistakes. :) and Skyler for being awesome!

“I was running, running as fast as I could, the soles of my feet were raw, and probably blistered. I couldn't run in heels so it was an easy choice to run barefoot. Considering if I was running in heels I would get caught and get raped... again. I could hear him breathing hard, his footsteps landing heavily on the pavement. It wasn’t my fault that I was in this mess, that I was going to get raped any second. Maybe I should’ve known. Living in Reno, Nevada and all, I shouldn't be alone in the cities ghetto at two in the morning on a school night but hey, what else is a bored teenager supposed to do anyway?
I wasn’t surprised at all that I lost my way after the club, but I will admit I was a little tipsy from drinking all of the Uncle Sam shots. You see that’s what gets you drunk, the mixture is vodka red, white, and blue Jell-O and it had flames on top of It. Thanks to Lewis who is a friend of a friend of a friend’s brother, for giving me the best fake ID ever.
It had hurt so much, I could only feel the pain when I took a deep breath in. The air was cold and to make it worse, it was very dry due to the polluted night air. It could not compare to the pain in my feet, I knew they were bleeding and the red wet liquid has proved me correct. It hurt to breathe, it hurt to run. Hell, it even hurt to keep myself standing up. But me running was the only thing keeping me away from my rapist. A wave of pain shot up my leg from an empty can of soda underneath my left foot. When I cried out in pain I lost my footing and dove head first into the cement.
I tried to scream out in pain again, but all that came out of my mouth was a moan. This wasn’t supposed to happen. I was supposed to be safe this time; I was supposed to walk away still being half a virgin. But sadly that wasn't how my life is, or this city. I was supposed to get away this time. Please oh just let me find a way to get out of this... Please.
I’m feeling too woozy to barely walk from hitting my head so hard... but that was to that man’s advantage, All i can remember is how he wears a black mask and the faint smell of lemon on him. I could feel him dragging me into an alleyway. I tried to fight him but my limbs were too weak, I couldn't fight... I could only see and hear, like a corpse. He came over me leaving a looming shadow over my body... I could feel him breathing heavily over my body. I am crying hysterically, blood, dirt and snot all over my face. I could feel him leaning over me and putting his mouth to my ear as he whispered to me:
“I told you that I would find you, I will always find you.”
“Why?” I cry. “Why are you doing this to me?”
“Because you have no idea who you really are,” He says, hissing through his mask. I knew what was going to happen at this point. He was going to finish what he started.



“I always hate this part... where I am raped, where I become officially broken,” I say to my therapist, Mrs. Templeton.
“Yes. But Luna, how are you broke, where did the crack start?” she says in her therapeutic voice.
“Maybe when my parents gave me and my brother up because they didn't want us, maybe it was when we were moved into the group home. Maybe when all the little girls and little boys got to go home with their loving new parents when we were stuck to watch all of our friends go away,” I say simply.
The timer goes off before Mrs. Templeton could say anything more. At that sound I grab for my bag.
“Luna wait,” she said putting a hand on my shoulder.
“Yeah, what is it?” I say simply getting angry. If the money meter was still running I would not be allowed to leave the group home for a week.
“I just wanted to say good bye for the last time. I will miss you,” she said looking at me in the eyes for the first time. I probably freaked her out, seeing a girl with violet eyes wasn't normal. Yeah, you're gonna miss my money.
“What are you talking about? Why is this the last appointment?” I say confused.
“Oh they didn’t tell you? Oh well this is such exciting news! You’ve been accepted to Carlton High Preparatory School. It is such an honor! You must be so proud of yourself!” she said with a big smile on her face.
“Uh, I don't know what that is,” After I say that she looks at me like I am stupid.
“Oh honey, it is the most respected boarding school in the world, and its in England. I researched it when Alisa told me the amazing news!”
Great the land of tea and crumpets, and Doctor Who, or is he British? Or is being English and British the same thing? Uh, I need to get my facts straight. Alisa is basically my mother. She is the person running the group home. She was the only one that stuck around. She was supposed to retire fifteen years ago, because she was now turning eighty-three, but she stayed for me. She loved me. Like I was like her very own daughter.


“Nope, no, doesn't ring a bell,” I said trying to be nice. I have a bit of an anger problem. I get so angry over the stupidest stuff. Life just gave me anger issues.
“Oh dear, then they must be telling you today. Please don't tell Alisa, even though she can barely walk she still scares the heck out of me.”
At that I smile, she really did know how to put an impression on people.
“Its ok. You didn't know, I promise that I won't tell.” I smile. Wow, mood swing or what?
She brings me into a short and awkward hug, and walks me to the door.
“Have a nice life, Luna,” she tells me smiling.
“Same for you,” I say, just trying to be courteous.
As I walk over to the elevator I smile. Finally no more therapy, no more having to relive how I was broken. Don't think about it Luna, its over now. Wow the elevator is taking forever! I start to sing, because I didn’t see anyone there, and I was really bored.
“You have a very nice voice,” a voice caught me off guard. I knew that voice. It was him.


“How did you find me?” I whisper. Backing away from the monster. The rapist. My rapist.


“Oh, Luna. I told you that I would find you. I guess that you don’t listen very well,” I start backing away when he lifts his hand to my face.


“Leave me alone or I will scream,” I say running into the wall behind me.


“No one will hear you. Just like last time. Although on our first encounter you got lucky,” He wears the mask, the same white mask, hiding his face, he wears it every time. All i can ever remember him by is his scent of lemon grass and water, and his voice, deep but soft. As the elevator door opens, the ringing bell sound caught him off guard and I ran towards the staircase leading to the main lobby where there has to be someone, maybe even a security officer.


“And where do you think you’re going?” he grabs my shoulder and turns me around his fist pulled back and ready to knock me out, but falls to the ground with a sound of glass breaking. As I stare at his attacker I blush. I consider the situation, and realise that I should not be blushing right now. The unknown stranger walks over my rapist’s out cold body.


He grabs me on the shoulders and says, “Are you ok? Did he hurt you?”


“Yeah, I’m fine we just need to get out of here, and we need to call the cops I don't want him to get away this time,” I say looking at the unconscious body.


“Let me watch him and make sure he doesn't go away... you go to the main lobby and call the police,” he said to me. I just nodded and ran into the elevator before it closed. I hit the button to the main lobby and shook in silence. I thought that he was gone for good after he finished what he started and now he was finally going behind bars. I won this time... not him, I won, I won, I won. This may finally be over, done, over with, kaput, no more.


When the elevator door opened I ran to the manager and screamed, “CALL 911 NOW!” that brought all of the people in the waiting rooms eyes to me. When all that the manager did was sit there I say, “Do it now!” at that he jumps and dials 911 on the building’s phone. “Tell them that there is a criminal upstairs passed out and armed!” (I was pretty sure that he was armed... even though I didn't see it.)


I was waiting in the waiting room for about five minutes before I heard the police siren approaching the building. I run outside and direct the policemen to the floor that had my rapist out cold. When the five police officers that did take the elevator started to ask me questions the elevator door opened and we walked into the entryway to the floor level. There was no one there, no broken glass, no beautiful stranger, and most of all no out cold, and armed rapist.


“Ma’am there's no one there,” said the police officer with dirty blond hair.


“But, but, but he was right there six minutes ago, I even left him with the guy that knocked him out!”


They just looked at me like I was stupid.


“Ma’am you know that it is a federal offense to place a false distress call, with the fine of five thousand dollars.”


“But it wasn't fake! They were right here!” How could this be happening!


“What's your name? Who do we need to call to pick you up?” the policemen said to me.
“But he was there! I'm not lying!”
“Hey! We're letting you off with a warning but we wont be so generous next time do you understand,” I just nod in reply.



*************************************************************************************

“Hey, so what exactly is Carlton High Prep? School?” I say to Alisa, while having a mouth full of fruity pebbles.
“Were you grown up with no manners missy!” she said looking at me. “Sorry Liss, won’t do it again,” I say wiping my mouth.
“Will not do it again. I swear you and your generations use of words,” she said shaking her head.
“Well my generation wasn't partying during WWII now were we?” I say getting smart. Ah I love it when her face gets red, it’s so funny.
“Now don't get smart with me missy,” Alisa said with her British accent, and smiling.
“Ok so we need to talk about Carlton prep. Were you going to tell me?” I say looking down at my cereal bowl and chasing the last little speck of fruity pebbles. It’s basically saying to me, ‘you can't catch me b****!’
“Yes actually, today. And you are going. After the incident that happened yesterday I don't want you to stay here. Its too dangerous,” she said having her serious face on. If looks could kill... maybe half the population would be dead from her death stare.
“Ahh, so you do believe me. And here I thought that you were being truthful to the police,” I say smiling at her.
“I may have said one thing but I thought another,” she said.
“And that my dear old Liss is the definition of lying,” I say after giving up on chasing the little piece of fruity pebbles and start slurping the fruity tasting milk.
“I know,” she said totally ignoring the comment that I had just made. “ That you would never lie about that. And this city is just full of heartbreak and sin, this school, this prep. School is going to help you start a new life,” she said setting her hand on my cheek. I wouldn't know what to do without Liss.
“There you go using that word again... sin,” I say smiling.


Liss was a huge Christian and every Sunday morning she would go to church and be PRAISING TO THE LORD! I never went, of course. I never did believe in any kind of god or any higher power. Just in chance and in the big bang. And I’m also talking about that show. If there was a religion for that show... you’d see me apart of that.


“Why isn't anyone up yet?” there was a new class of kids now coming to live with us. Most of them were through the ages of 4-6, still sad that their mommy or daddy didn't want them. I was the only teenager that was here, some of them are scared of me because I am a teenager, and I’m older. I understand it, I mean; I was the same way when I was that age.


But now I am going into my sophomore year, and I’m not scared anymore. I have no more fear left in me.

The author's comments:
HUH! tell me if you like it because, i want to see how people react to it!! comment please! :)

I was packing today; Liss called the school and told them that I would be attending my sophomore year. They didn't need to pay because it had not needed money because most of the parents would give money to the school. And most of these kid’s parents are like billionaires. So yeah, I didn't need to pay.


The last thing that I put in my suitcase was a picture of my brother Ethan. He killed himself last fall. I pushed that thought right out of my mind, because if I didn't I would break out into tears. My brother was fourteen when he hung himself. And I knew why, he was gay. The area that we grew up in, being gay was shunned upon. I just miss him so much; he was my rock along with Liss. He was the only thing closest to my parents. Other than my beautiful antique pocket watch necklace. It looked about a hundred years old as far as I could tell, it had the initials A.C.L. there was an inscription with half of it missing and fading out. It was beautiful. And a great accessory.


Someone was supposed to meet me when I got off the plane in London, so I wouldn't get lost. “Liss, I’m ready to go!” I scream down the hall. Little footsteps are my only reply.


“Don't leave Luna! We will miss you!” the three little kindergartners cry. One was Lucy; she had dark brown hair with beautiful green eyes, with a small mouth and full lips covered in slobber. Then there was Jered; he was totally going to be a heartbreaker. His sandy blond hair and his chiseled features gave it away. Then there was Emma, sweet little Emma. Her blond hair and shining aqua eyes gave it away that erred and her were siblings.


When I put my hands on my hips, they take the opportunity to run around me and spread their arms over me, like a little cage. “Now what do you little dwarfs doing now?” I say with a little baby voice.


“You are not allowed to leave until you promise to come back!” Jared Said with a pouty face.


“They always leave! Please don't leave!” Emma had a little tear running down her face.


“I promise that I will come back. I will only be gone for a year. I just need to leave. It won't be forever, I promise,” at that they all break apart and tackle me onto the bed that used to be mine. I giggle and fight them off so I can sit up.


“Lunny,” said Lucy.


“ Yeah, Lucy...” I say looking at her big green eyes.


“Why did my parents leave me? Did they not love me?” at that her eyes start shining. And I could tell that she was choking down her tears.


“Lucy I wish that I had the answer but I don't. I wish I knew my self why someone would leave their child with the burden of not knowing why they didn't care for you. But yet they don’t, they don't think, and they are selfish, and they are not nor will they ever be your real parents. Now while I’m gone you guys need to help Lisa with things. Because here, Lisa’s going to be your parent and I want you to respect her... for me,” at that they just dig their faces into my blouse and cry.


“Luna! Its time to go!” Alissa screams up the stairs.


“Do you promise?” I say to the little kids as they pull away from me in an arms length.


“Only if you promise to come back,” they say in unison.


“I promise.”





*************************************************


The plane seat that I am sitting on is really making me soar. The little kid in the seat behind me was kicking it and I’ve been listening for more than two hours about how the fat lady next to me’s, cats are just like people and have different types of personalities. I was ready to jump off the plane, and then there is the big urge to pee. I’ve been putting the urge in the back of my mind but I couldn't hold it any longer.


“Ma'am is it ok if I could get through here, I need to go to the bathroom,” I ask starting to stand up.


“Excuse me but I was talking, so if you wouldn't mind. Shut your damn trap,” she said to me with a hissing voice.


That just really got me angry. “I don't think that we need to hear anymore about how your cats are just like people! Now move, please!” At that she shut up and moved. The person across the aisle mouthed an enthusiastic ‘thank you!’. I just smile at the man. Wow, I never knew that a line from ‘You Again,’ would actually work.
As I walked down the aisle I start to get nervous about going to a new school. I’ve only gone to one school, and in that school a lot of people are not that fond of me. I know that it will get better though, people won't know my past, they will only know who I am now. When the plain hits a bump I fall into a seat, and to my greatest horror, there was someone in it. To make my day even worse, he was really attractive. He looked familiar, but strangely I can't exactly figure out how I know him. He had brown hair with chiseled features and blue eyes that looked like the essence of the sky, if that makes any sense.
When I finally realise where I was sitting, I jolted up, murmured a sorry and practically ran to the bathroom.

I stayed in there for about a minute or so and took care of bizness, then stayed in there for about eight more minutes out of embarrassment. Then I decided to suck it up and go out there. When I walked by the seat, that the hot god was sitting in, I found him missing, replaced by my cat lady fo that I was sitting next to not that long ago. Ohhhh no. I know where this is going.
When I go to my seat I find the replacement for the crazy cat lady, it was the mysterious, but beautiful, god of a man.
I manage a whisper, “Huh, hi,” And what i could not manage was to look at him... I probably would glote with my mouth open looking into those eyes.
“Hi, you’re the girl that fell into my lap, what 10 minutes ago, aren't you?” at that I snort.
“Yes, I am she. I just want to tell you that i am so sorry fo...” before I can finish my sentence I hear a little squeaky voice behind me.
“Excuse me ma’am, but the seatbelt sign is on.”








“Oh yes of course, sorry,” I smile. I have to basically walk over the mysterious guy to get to my seat and feel very awkward about it.

“By the way, I'm Drew. Drew Vancover, what's your name?” He stretches his hand out to me and I shake it.

“Luna, Luna Cresten,” I say, its a good thing that this will be a long ride, because I know that this guy will be interesting.


**********************************

“Luna, Luna Cresten!” I see a tall college aged woman waving her hands at me. This is it, i'm really here, and I am really going to go to school here.

Before I can say anything I have to push through people to get to my destination, which happened to be the person that just screamed my name.

“Hi,” I say shaking her hand.

“Welcome to England! isn't it just drab!” she said shaking her head.

“Well, if you count the airport, which is the only thing that I’ve seen so far, is drab then ya. I guess,” I say shrugging my shoulders.

She just laughs in response. “My names Julie,” she says shaking my hand. “ Now lets go get your bag dear, don't want anyone to steal it now do you?”

“Well if there was anything special in it, no. but in my case they can take whatever they want,” I say, while almost getting pushed to the floor by the crazy cat lady.

“Whoop, don't want you fallen there girlie, the floors are just nasty here,” She says after she caught me.

“Are you from Ireland? I can't tell, I’m not good with accents,” I say watching the bags go by.

“Scottish actually, born and bred,” She says to me flipping her beautiful red hair. I mean, she did look the part.

“Wow, so what are you doing here?” I say, wow, did I really just ask that?

“I want to become a teacher at the prep. But before anyone can become part of the staff, you have to become a teachers assistant. Its actually quite fun. You get free food and a free dorm room. Its just like college, but without the cost.”

“Huh, maybe I should try that sometime, I mean if I want to be a teacher that is,” Taking a deep breathe as I say that.

“Well, the way that I knew I was...” Before she can finish Drew interrupts her.

“Hey!” He says looking exhausted.

As I look at him i see that his face was red, like he was running.

“Hey, why is your face all red?” I say motioning my pointing finger to his face.

“Oh, well i wanted to see you before you left. I never got the chance to give you my number,” He says handing a little post it to me.

“Aw, thats so sweet. But we really have to be going,” Says Julie pulling me away from Drew.

“Call me!” Drew shouts just before I am out of the sliding doors.

As we cross the street I begin to collect what just happened.

“What was that all about?” I say taking my bag from Julie.

“Nothing, just got a bad vibe off of him you know?” She says, stopping in front of her white van.

“No, i don't know,” I whisper to myself.

*********************

The drive was long, almost two hours, but I was fine with it because I got to see a new country. I mean it is cold, dark, and rainy, but it really is beautiful on the countryside.

“Julie,” I say trying to get her attention from singing on the radio.

“Yes,” She says, turning down the song about, well, I really don't know what its about.

“Are we there yet?” I say, leaning my head against the cold window.

“Well, open your eyes and look you ninny.”

I open my eyes and feel the air escaping my mouth.

Then I can hear the words that I have been waiting for since I got on the plane escape Julies lips, “Welcome, to Carlton Preparatory Boarding School.”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 2 comments.


on Jun. 7 2013 at 3:01 pm
WannaBeWriter3, New Palestine, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
live your life to the fullest....

thank you! my friends put in the black mask and lemon thing in without me knowing.... when i saw it i was like OH MI GOD!! but thank you for telling me this! means alot!!

on Jun. 1 2013 at 6:56 pm
Starstruck_001, Great Neck, New York
0 articles 0 photos 21 comments
OMG THIS IS SOO GOOD!!!! Its like the CSI miami alittle bit (its soo mysterious and like a murder mystery) Can't wait to read more!!! We should really do a collab writing sometime!!