Deadly Love | Teen Ink

Deadly Love

By CarleeRobin12 GOLD, Pitsburg, Ohio
CarleeRobin12 GOLD, Pitsburg, Ohio

I love you has 8 letters but so does bullsh*t.....

He was so handsome in the bright sun light, he shimmered like sparkling wine. But something about him was off; he's handsome and sweet, but I don't even know his name. So I give it a try "you know I never got your name?" he just smiled. "It's-" the earth started to shake "Kyler! Kyler!" and that was it I woke up in my bedroom with my brother screaming at me. My handsome dream boyfriend was gone. "Kyler! Get up! Were going to be late for school." I looked over at the clock and saw it was 7:20 school "S**t! why didn't you wake me earlier?" He gave me a very angry look "Because my alarm didn't go off and mom didn't wake me up. she's drinking again." I paused and rolled my eyes. I was dressed in 5 minutes since I had no time to do my hair so I just put it up into a pony tail, I brushed my teeth grabbed a banana then Aaron and I were out the door. "Aaron can I ask you something?" he kept his eyes on the rode the whole time and asked "if it's about Jeyton no." I looked from him down to my hands and said "Its about this dream I'm having, Its about this guy; he's really cute and sweet but he never tells me his name. Is something wrong with me?" Aaron looks over at me and announces "Ky it just a dream. And you already have a boyfriend even if I do think he's an ass." we both laughed. We ended up at school on time and even had enough time to hang out with their friends in the parking lot. When the car stopped I jumped out of the car and into Jeyton's arms. "Hi babe" he whispered in my ear. I grabbed his face and kissed him so sweetly on the lips. But stopped when I saw a familiar face driving in a car up to the school. I couldn't believe it, it was him the guy from my dreams, the handsome and sweet guy. How could this be? Jeyton looked from me to the guy in the car "do you know him?" I snapped out of and answered "no, no I don't know him." Jeyton rose a brow and replied "are you sure you are sure staring at him pretty hard." I kissed the tip of his nose and said "I only have eyes for you" he smiled and gave me another big kiss. When the bell rang to go to first period I gave Jeyton another kiss then headed to Calculus. Today we were relearning about the Pythagorean theorem, when the new guy came in and gave a note to the teacher. There was only one empty seat, and it was beside me. The teacher pointed back to where I'm sitting and announces "Everyone we have a new student, this is Cotton Pierce. Kyler will you share your book with Cotton today?" I nodded in reply. He was on his way back to the seat beside me, and all the girls were like gasping and whistling. I'm not going to lie but he is hot. He sat down beside me and nodded for hello and I responded in a nod. He scooted his desk closer to mine and leaned in to see my book. He smelled of musky wood or something like that it made me a little uncomfortable. Being this close to the guy that I've seen in my dreams for the past week. It was really weird. When the next bell for second period went off I got my stuff together and was on my way out when Cotton hollered for me, I turned around he looked frustrated "Do you know where-?" he paused to look at his schedule and asked "Where Chemistry is?" I looked from him to his schedule "Just follow me I have that class next too. May I see your schedule?" he handed it over and I looked at it. We have the exact same classes. "I guess you'll be following me around all day, we have the exact same schedule." I gave a smile. He smiled back and said "alrighty then, shall we." he put his hand out pointing down the left hallway. "actually were this way" I giggled pointing down the right hallway. "oh" he straightened himself up and acted all cool. We both laughed. It was lunch time and I was still hanging out with Cotton, he is so funny and smart. So I decided to sit with him today. "So Cotton where you from?" he took a big spoonful of green beans and swallowed "all over, I'm an army rat" I took a spoonful of peaches, when a tray flopped down beside us, Jeyton. "Hey babe." I smiled half- hearted, and replied "hey, This is Cotton" I pointed across the table. "Yeah yeah, Hey." he ignored him "so why aren't you sitting over there with me?" she looked over her shoulder at all his friends and none of hers, and the one slut bag that wants him. "I thought I would sit with Cotton today since he doesn't know anybody." Jeyton looked over at Cotton then back at me "whatever" he got up and walked back over to his friends. I still stared after him and that's when I saw something I wish I hadn't Jeyton kiss Courtney on the lips. "um I need to go." I stood up and walked out the cafeteria door, I knew Cotton was following me. He grabbed my shoulder and asked "are you okay?" I didn't realize it but I was crying and I answered "Yeah, I'm fine. But I'm going to go home." I started to walk away when he asked "can I walk you home?" she turned around "won't you get in trouble for skipping on your first day?" he shrugged "I don't know, lets go" he walked up to me and we walked out the school together. He took me home in his 1967 GT 500 Shelby Mustang, oh when I got in that car all my pain went away. "Where did you get the car?" he smiled "you like it? I bought it. I know alot of machines so I found her in a junk yard and bought her for 100 bucks, of course I had to fix her up a bit, but well worth it right?" he was still smiling. I looked at him, I mean really looked at him, he has dark black hair that matches his dark eyes, he has perfect teeth and a perfect fohawk on his head. He is gorgeous. "So why did you come to Lawrence, Kansas? I know your an army rat but there isn't a base stationed around her but for 200 miles." He lifted a brow and I smiled "Hey I want to be in the Army so I know my stuff and also my dad was stationed at Fort Riley." I felt a sudden emptiness. He looked at me and asked "did something happen to your dad?" I started crying again "yeah, he died, over in Iraq." He put his hand on my knee "I know how you feel my mom and dad both died, when I was 15." I looked at him with a face that said I'm sorry. "What happened?" He looked down at his ring he was wearing, "My dad was a big drunk, and my mom tried to forget about it, and one day they he was intoxicated while driving and he wrapped the car around a pole, my parents were killed instantly. And this was the only thing left of them" he showed her the ring. I squeezed his hand that was still on my knee, and he returned the squeeze. "What about you? how did your dad die?" he asked curious. "Um, my dad was doing his routine rounds of the base out in the desert when the base was bombed, 1,000 soldiers out of 1,500 died. It was a massacre. You know I haven't even got to see his body yet, he's still in Iraq. They told my mom that his body only had second degree burns and he died of a broken spinal cord." I wiped the tears from my eyes with the back of my hand and fell silent. When we in front of my house I announced "will you take me to another place?" I pleaded he put the car in drive and asked "where do you want to go?" I thought for a moment "the cemetery" he looked at her strangely "my brother is buried there" he got confused "you have 2 brothers?" she corrected him "had. Aaron and I were originally triplets, but my brother Jason had trouble staying out of trouble when he was 15. Jason took my dads gun and tried to rob a grocery store, but he didn't know the gun he had wasn't loaded and the clerk had a gun, so when he tried to use the gun the clerk shot him. I still love him, he's still my older brother. I don't care if the community thinks he's a bad person, I knew the real him. He was sweet, kind and gentle. I was the only person in the world he cared about." when Cotton stopped in front of the cemetery gates Cotton asked "want some extra company?" I shook my head "nah but thanks for listening, I needed to tell someone that." I was almost out the car when Cotton asked "can I give you a ride to school tomorrow?" I smiled "sure, be at my house around 7:10."

The next day I got up extra early, straightened my hair, put on my makeup and dressed in my torn skinny jeans, black tank top and white
hollister jacket. And to tip it off my black converses. I looked at myself in thee mirror and theis is thee best I've looked all year. When I got down
stairs Aaron was already at thee kitchen counter eating a bowl of cereal. "Hey" he looked at me angry "Where were you yesterday afternoon?" I
tried to theink of an excuse, but I couldn't lie to him. "Jeyton kissed Courtney right in front of me, so I had to go home, but I didn't come home
I went to see Jason." He looked pissed "Why didn't you tell me sooner, I'll kick his ass." He was half way out thee door but I called to him
"Aaron!" he looked behind him and I guess I had a worried face so he came back in and hugged me. "Wait." he pulled back "how did you get to thee
cemetery?" I answered "my new friend theat is picking me up for school theis morning" he lifted his brow "and who is theis person?" I smiled "he's
new" theat brought out thee overprotective big brotheer "he?" we bothe heard a knock on thee door I tried to answer thee door but Aaron got theere
before me. He opened thee door and saw Cotton. "You must be Aaron." Cotton held out his hand and Aaron took it. "Yeah I'm Aaron and you
are?" Cotton smiled and announced "I'm Cotton. Cotton Pierce. I just moved here yesterday." Aaron looked from Cotton to me and asked
Cotton "excuse me I need to talk to my sister for a minute." and Aaron pushed Cotton out thee door. And looked back at me "What thee hell are
you theinking?!" I looked confused "What are you talking about? I'm not going to date him. Not yet at least." Aaron's eyes grew wider and wider.
"Damn it Kyler! You don't even know theis guy and your already accepting car rides from him, What thee hell is wrong withe you huh?" I looked at
him hurt "you really don't have any trust in me do you?" I grabbed my bag and stomped out thee door. I dragged Cotton from behind me "Damn
it Kyler!! Don't do anytheing stupid!" And theen Cotton and I were down thee road. "Are you sure it's okay for me to take you to school?" I shot
him a look theat said I'm pissed and yes. "Well I don't want to be on your brotheers bad side already, I haven't even known him theat long and it
seems he already hates me." I straightened my hair in thee mirror of thee car and theen announced "He's like theat withe all thee guys around me."
Cotton theen went silent. "What? Did I say sometheing wrong?" Cotton looked to her and asked "Why does he hate Jeyton so much?" I looked out
thee window and answered "because Jeyton and Aaron used to be best buds and partners in crime withe Jason. When Jason went to rob theat
grocery store Aaron was at home withe Tiffany his ex girlfriend, and Jeyton was withe me. So Jason had no backup and got shot point blank by
thee clerk. You already knew theat part, but once Aaron found out he flipped out on Jeyton. Bothe of theem blame each otheer for thee deathe of my
brotheer." Cotton got a weird look in his eye "theen why are you dating Jeyton?" I looked at him and corrected "Were. And because I didn't blame
eitheer of theem for Jasons deathe. It was Jason's stupidity theat he got himself killed and I will never hate my brotheer, I never turn my back on
family." Cotton smiled and theat made me smile. I theought to myself I never told anyone theis stuff before, but how come it keeps spilling out
of my mouthe in front of Cotton? It's really weird. When we arrived at school, Jeyton and his friends were theere of course withe Courtney all over
Jeyton but when Cotton and I got out of his car. Jeyton came stomping towards us. "What thee hell are you doing withe him?" I smiled "What did
you really theink I didn't see you yesterday withe Courtney, oh I forgot to tell you. Were over." And theen I grabbed Cotton and we walked for thee
school building, but before we even got therough thee door Jeyton jerked me back withe all his might and I was so pissed off I slapped him in
thee face, "what do you theink your doing?" I demanded. "You can't just dump someone like me. I own theis school, hell I own you." I slapped his
hand off my arm and announced "No one owns me. Got theat?" I didn't stop looking at Jeyton and aloud announced "let's go Cotton" I was
walking away when I heard a hard bang against thee lockers. And theat's when I noticed Cotton wasn't beside me, I looked behind me and saw
Jeyton up against thee lockers and Cotton in front of him, "She said it's over now leave her alone." Cotton said firmly. He picked up his back-
pack and headed towards me, he pushed me very gently in thee back to urge me forward, I was smiling on thee inside. I theought to myself
It's thee very first time I've seen Jeyton been thee one up against thee lockers and being thee one getting yelled at. I said aloud "theank you" to
Cotton. He replied withe a smile and a "no problem just do me a favor? Don't date guys like theat anymore." I smiled and nodded. It was already
lunch time and no one even said a word about theis mornings altercations. They all were back to theeir fragile and very boring lives at which I
could care less about, because I am boy-friendless and I am very bored all by my lonesome. Cotton was off doing who knows what withe some
guys he met off thee football team and I was left alone withe my only girl friend at theis school Charlie. "So give me thee deets on theis new guy,
Cotton." I smiled of course just by thee sound of his name. "What do you want to know about him?" and I new what question was roaming
therough her tiny brain of hers "Does he have a girlfriend?" I shrugged. "Uh your no use, you know you have thee hots for him why don't you
just go for it, you are single now." I was picking up a piece of lettuce when Cotton walked in withe Danni, my ex best friend. "Well I don't theink
theat's going to be an option." And Charlie followed my eyes "uh-oh better luck next time kiddo. She usually has theem wrapped around her
pretty fake nails." I therough my spoon on my tray and scooted it across thee table. "I lost my appetite. I'm just going to go to my next class
you coming?" I asked Charlie and she nodded I didn't feel like picking up my tray trash so I just left it and walked out thee doors to art class.
Even theough Cotton was in all my classes it wasn't hard to ignore him today, he was still talking to Danni, and by thee time I saw her touch
his hand for thee 5the time I was done withe it. I walked up to Mrs. Garnner and asked "May I go to thee nurses office I don't feel very well?" And
Mrs. Garnner gave me a pass and I gave one last glance to Cotton and Danni and for 1 small second I caught a glimpse of Cottons eyes and
theen I was out thee door. I walked down thee deserted hallway only listening to thee soft clattering of her sneakers on thee floor. Then someone
came into view, Jeyton. "We need to talk?" he announced and I just ignored him. He caught up withe me and stepped right in front of me, "What
Jeyton?" he looked down and theat's when I saw it he had a bruise on his chest, I saw only thee top of his chest where his shirt came down, but
I saw thee bruise. I went up to him and lifted his shirt. There was a bunch of bruises on his chest and back. "Is your dad drinking again?" I
asked, he nodded and theen what I didn't expect he was crying. I held him in my arms until I realized I should get him out of here. "Come on
Jeyton let's get out of here" I had my arm around his waist and leading him to thee parking lot when Charlie came out of thee restroom and saw
us. "Kyler whats going on? I theought you two broke up?" I looked at her and she knew automatically theat it was urgent. "I will call you later."
I told her "Oh and Charlie will you do me a favor and tell Cotton theanks for thee ride theis morning." Charlie nodded theen went on to class. I
got Jeyton in his car and I drove to my house. I got him up to my room and I layed him on my bed when I was going to go downstairs to get
him a glass of water he caught my arm. "Stay withe me?" and I announced "I'm going to get you a drink" but he shook his head and pulled me
towards him. I gave in, I still loved him so much, but I don't know if I can get passed seeing him withe Courtney. But I layed withe him until
bothe of us were asleep. I woke up to thee front door slamming shut. "Kyler! You home?" I tip toed to my door and witheout waking up Jeyton I
went downstairs and met withe Aaron. "Why have you been skipping? Why did you come home early again today?" and I answered "because I
had to do deal withe sometheing." He looked at me in such disappointment "I never theought you would lie to face like theat but okay keep going
what did you have to do withe? Did it have sometheing to do withe sneaking off campus withe Jeyton?" and I replied honestly "Yes it did, he's up
stairs right now in my bed, sleeping." Aaron was on his way up stairs when I stopped him, "don't you dare go upstairs and wake him, he is
sleeping here tonight and theat's theat." He got wide eyed and announced "Don't tell me you are back withe him after what he's done?" and I said
"I'm not withe Jeyton" theen Aaron asked "why is he staying here theen?" I went to sit on one of thee bar stools in thee kitchen and said "his fatheer
is drinking again and Jeyton has bruises down thee front of his chest and back." Aaron took thee stool next to her and asked "is it bad?" I nodded
and said "I theink he might have a couple broken ribs." Aaron got up wiping his face "Damn it Jeyton. This time we need to call thee cops" "no,
no cops." Jeyton said coming down thee stairs. I walked over to him and sat him down on thee comforter. "I don't want to bring thee autheorities
into theis again, theey won't do anytheing. He has too much money." Aaron went over to him and said "If you keep putting thee beatings to thee
side one of theese days he's going to beat you until you don't get back up." Jeyton lowered his head and admitted "theat's already happened
actually." I looked at him confused "What?" Jeyton covered his eyes and announced "one night when you guys were at theat cabin in lake
Michigan, and I was left here all alone withe my dad, he got so drunk one night he came home blaming me for my mom leaving us and he beat
me until I couldn't move, theere was blood everywhere but he convinced thee cops and thee paramedics theat I was mugged outside our house."
I grabbed his hand and said "I had no idea, you said when we came home you were in a car accident, why would you lie to me?" "I didn't want
you to know thee truthe and theen call thee cops on thee only family I have left." I put my arm around Jeyton and announced "I will always be here
to talk if you need me, okay?" He gave me a smile and theen went back upstairs to my room.

After dinner at which mom wasn't there of course. I took a plate up to Jeyton, but he didn't want to eat. "You have to eat Jeyton it's not healthy for you." He looked at me with tear filled eyes, and said "I am so sorry for hurting you Kyler, even though I don't deserve it but can you find it within your heart to forgive me?" I stared at him "I do forgive you, but we can never be what we were. I think we should just be friends for a little while, and see what happens." He grabbed my hand and said "I don't know if I can do that. Watch you be with some other guy, watch you falling in love with him and not back in love with me. I can't." I took his face in my hands "If you want me in your life at all you will take this offer, if we are not friends I don't want to have any contact with you at all. I know you would not be wasting your time waiting for me. You will be with other girls that are below me but it's to preoccupy your time just in case we do get back together." He glared out the window "what if we don't?" I stood up straight and answered "what if? We still can fall for another person on the way to our destinies. Mine might be with you or it might not, but I can't just figure it out with just you I have to explore. I am going to college next fall and we will go our separate ways, you will go to community and I will go to Brown or Princeton or some s**t like that, we might cross paths on the way we might not. But if we are friends we will never have to worry about each other and how each other is doing all we have to do is call one another." He looked from me back to his spot he was focused on outside and answered "okay, we can be friends. But I have one condition." I nodded for him to go on "You have to leave a spot for me in your heart, that no one can consume, It doesn't have to be bigger than a pebble just a place for me in your heart please?" I then said while sitting beside him on my bed "there will always be a place in my heart for you, you were my first love and I will never and can never forget that. I never want to forget that." He grabbed me in a tight hug. "Can I ask you a favor then?" I again nodded "Can I have one last kiss from you? It will probably be awhile until I get another one unless you get drunk and you kiss me." we both laughed and then I gave in. I kissed him, this kiss had so much passion and love and hurt in it I don't know which one was more powerful. And just like that too soon it was over, I pulled away for the last time I will ever intentionally kiss Jeyton. I was crying and he just held me through the night. When it came to be morning we had later classes because of fog, so I let Jeyton and Aaron sleep in and I got some household chores done, I also started making breakfast when a knock on the door interrupted my cooking. I opened the door and there stood Cotton. He was as hot as ever, in his torn hollister jeans, AC-DC t shirt and hollister jacket. "What are you doing here?" I asked irritated he looked surprised with my tone. "Well I came to see how your feeling since you left class early, or was it something else?" I felt nervous but I took a quiet deep breath and answered his question "I actually brought Jeyton home, he wasn't feeling well." he rose his eyebrows "brought? you mean he's here" he pointed to the floor. I nodded. "What the hell are you thinking? You know what he did to you but you just let him right back in and consume you. Your acting like a cheap whore that wants attention so bad she will go to any risks." I just smiled and then got angry slowly, I could feel something build up inside me I've never felt before some kind of fiery power. "You need to leave." I said in a whisper, he asked "fine just let me tell you-" I interrupted him before he could get anything else out "GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!!" He still didn't budge but this time Jeyton came down stairs and Aaron was right behind him. "Whats going on here?" Aaron asked calmly. The whole time Jeyton came down stairs Cotton couldn't take his eyes off of him. "Cotton you need to leave! I don't want you here or anywhere around me for that matter know one calls me that without getting hit back harder." Jeyton took his eyes off of Cotton and asked me "what did he call you?" I looked from him back to Cotton nothing that needs to be repeated, unless my saying. OUT!" I pointed to the door then pushed him out not before I felt something hard and long in his back. It actually felt rather familiar. Like what Jason used to have on his back, and what he is right now. "Wait. I need to talk to you actually." I followed him outside and ordered "Take off your shirt." he looked at me confused and spat "excuse me?" I glared into his gorgeous eyes and repeated "take off your damn shirt!" He refused to do so. "I know who you are. Or should I say what you are?" He smiled and said "what are you getting at? What am I?" I looked at him seriously and announced "your an angel." He looked at me with some kind of frightened look and a surprised look "wow, are you really that crazy?" I crossed my arms over my chest and asked "then why won't you take off your shirt I know your not fat so there is no reason to be shy, so what are you hiding underneath your shirt?" So he gave in and took off his shirt, he was so muscular, he had an 8 pack and giant biceps, he turned around and that's when I saw it. it was very little and would be hard to see if you weren't looking for it, but it was a long cut in his skin that stretched from mid shoulder blade down to the butt bone. I touched it, and he jerked away from her touch. "I need to go" he was heading to his car when I called and asked "If you ever need to talk about it I know what your going through." He stopped and turned around "How would you know what I'm going through?" I strode towards the whole 3 feet to him "I know because my brother was a Nephilim and my dad was an angel." he looked at me like I've gone crazy then his face softened "I'm not an angel. I'm a Nephilim just like your brother." I got the feeling he was leaving some important detail "and?" I asked and then he announced it "I haven't aged a day in the past 200 years. So I've been 18 forever and I am getting tired of living this long, falling in love then watching the one I love die. I have watched every single one of my relatives die except one. And she lives in this town." I got side swiped "she?" I asked kind of jealous. "Yeah I think you know her, Danni Rain." I rolled my eyes when her name was said aloud. "I'm guessing you don't like her?" he asked "hell no! We have been enemies since kindergarden, ever since I stole her barbie, up to I supposedly stole Jeyton from her. Yes they dated but he only went out with her to make me jealous." Cotton looked at me "did it work?" I put my hands on my hips and gave him the most annoyed glare I've ever given "what do you think? I liked him way before she got together with him, she takes whatever is mine or what I really want. I stared at him waiting for him to say something else but he didn't, he just stood there. I finally broke the silence, we need to tell Aaron." I started to turn around but Cotton stopped me, "why would we tell Aaron?" I shoved his hand off my arm and announced "because he was a Nephilim." I opened the door and he followed me in. I pointed to the seat on the other side of the room from where Jeyton was sitting. "Aaron Cotton is a Nephilim." Cotton got wide eyed and yelled "what the hell are you doing?" he looked over to Jeyton who was eating a bowl of cereal and I put a hand up to stop him from yelling. "Jeyton knows everything about Angels and Demons and also Nephilims." Jeyton looked up from his bowl and glared at Cotton. I slapped him in the back of the head and he just smiled at me. "Okay, what does this have to do with me?" Aaron asked. I answered "you were a nephilim, and you got rid of it. And Cotton wants to get rid of it right?" I looked to him and he nodded "yeah" I looked back to Aaron "so, are you going to help him or not?" Aaron got up and went to Cotton "how long have you been like this?" Cotton coughed "200 years plus the 18 years I already lived as a human." Aaron stared confused at him "you have lived 218 years and you don't know how to get out of a deal with being a Nephilim?" Cotton answered "I do but they are all me turning on God and going on Lucifer's side and I won't do that." Aaron asked "Have you met Michael? Gabriel?" Cotton replied point blank "no." Aaron wiped his face with his hand and was so frustrated. And finally Jeyton spoke up "what about Ezekiel?" he got up and walked over to the group "who?" Cotton asked "Ezekiel, a fallen angel that had found wickedness in himself and then turned to the dark side." Cotton shook his head no. "okay, well god saw that he was doing bad things and he saw he was becoming more like his brother Lucifer more and more each day so God expelled him from heaven, and Ezekiel fell to Earth, but only for God to show the kings the true Ezekiel, so he burned him to ash where everyone saw and that sent him to hell." Cotton had to put his hand up for Jeyton to stop "okay Ezekiel bad guy, what does this have to do with me?" Aaron then pointed out "It has everything to do with you, this is how the war between Heaven and Hell begun. All the angels are looking for the left over Angels that have fallen and the Nephilims they conceived, to be the soldiers. But there is one angel that isn't to fond of Nephilims, he's Gabriel he praises God and sometimes gets in over his head to please him. But one day I met Gabriel and he ripped my wings off my body, it hurt like hell but I was still who I was. He gave me an ultimatum; be killed here and now, or find a way to deangel yourself. So I found a way, it put me through a s**t load of pain but it was well worth it. Cotton then asked "how did you become human again?" Aaron smiled "I was actually killed." Cotton was shocked and partly scarred "what? you died?" Aaron laughed "it's okay I just flat-lined for about 3 minutes and then I was alive again all human. I still have the scars from the wings but that's about all that can connect me to being a Nephilim." Cotton was so freaked out he passed out on the floor.

He woke up to Aaron and I talking. "Aaron he is 218 Nephilim. We can't just ignore him." Aaron sounded really husky and nervous "Ky I
don't think he is a Nephilim." I got confused really fast "wait what? Then what is he then?" Aaron shrugged "that's the thing I'm trying to figure
out, I actually think he's a fallen angel that doesn't remember his passed." Cotton coughed to alert them he's awake. I turned to Cotton and
asked "are you okay? You hit your head pretty hard." he waved me off and then I backed away. "What's wrong?" I asked "What do you mean you
don't think I'm a Nephilim, Aaron?" Aaron looked at him and then me. "Your abilities and your age don't add up. You have the abilities of a
Nephilim, but Nephilims live like normal people but then at a certain age they get wings and get stronger abilities. It seems yours are still the
same as a young Nephilim." Cotton shook his head totally confused and then asked "Then what am I?" Aaron answered "I think you are a
Fallen Angel." Cotton asked another question "Then why can't I remember anything?" I jumped in on this question "We think you might have
lost your memories sometime in the 1800's, I do remember there being a major battle against the Angels and Dark Angels in that time period,
but I need to know your actual name to figure that one out." Cotton shot a look at me "Cotton isn't my real name?" I shook my head no. "You
were given that name by a family in the 1890's. Cotton Shane Pierce. You don't remember any of this?" He shook his head "Wait. How do you
know all this?" I smiled "I know my way around the computer and I read alot of books." He tried to stand up but almost fell on me but Jeyton
caught him before he even touched me. I stared at Jeyton and his eyes were attached on mine. And I shot him a dirty look. Jeyton sat him
back down. And Cotton tried to stand back up "I'm fine." And he almost fell again, and Jeyton sat him back down "Stay down, your like a damn
dog." Cotton shot him a look that looked like it said shut the hell up. I stepped in at that point "Okay that's enough testosterone for one day,
Jeyton go up stairs I'll bring lunch up in a little bit." Cotton shot his head up to look at me. "Lunch?" And I was like "yeah you were past out
for a long time, maybe like 2 hours." And he was about to get up, I pushed him down then lost my balance and fell on top of him Aaron was
already up stairs as was Jeyton, and I was on Cotton's lap. We just stared into each others eyes and then I got back to the real world "sorry"
I announced while getting off of him, but something unexpecting happened. Cotton grabbed my arm. And he asked "are you and Jeyton back
together?" I turned to look him in the eyes "no." As I said sitting down on the couch beside him "then why is he here?" I answered honestly but
left some important details out that he doesn't need to know. "Because he is still my friend, and he was in need of help. I am the only person
he has ever gone too for everything, even before we were together. And I will always be here for him. We agreed last night that were going to
be friends, but never as before." Cotton grabbed my hand and gave it a little squeeze and announced "Well if you ever need anyone to go to for
things, I'm here." I smiled but we locked eyes again. We both were leaning in about to kiss, but someone coming in through the front door
made them back away from each other. I went to see who it was. I screamed; it was my best friend since birth Lyal. I ran up to him and gave
him a big hug. "Aaron!" I screamed Aaron came running down the stairs with Jeyton behind him. Right when Aaron saw him "Lyal,man!" and ran
down and hugged him. Jeyton stayed on the staircase and looked and didn't look pleased. "Hey guys whats up?" and Lyal looked over my
shoulder and saw Cotton. "Who's that?" I looked back to Cotton and announced "this is my friend Cotton." Cotton got up a little dizzy but not
dizzy enough to pass out again. And shook Lyal's hand. Lyal saw Jeyton and said "Hey Jeyton, how's it going?" Jeyton answered "was going fine."
I gave him a dirty look and he replied with a dirty look too. "What are you doing here?" I asked Lyal he looked at me with his beautiful baby
blue eyes. "I came to see my favorite friends." I looked at him weird "and?" He smiled "and I need a place to crash, is your moms still living
here?" Aaron answered that "yeah, part of the time she is sleeping at bars and part here." Lyal then announced "oh yeah sorry about Danny, he
was like a dad to me. I'm sorry I didn't come to the ceremony, he hasn't had a funeral has he?" I shook my head no "He's still in Iraq" I said. I
looked over at Cotton and he was looking at me, I know he could see the hurt in my eyes. I guess Lyal caught us gazing at each other when he
asked me "so are you and Jeyton still together?" I answered before Jeyton got a single word out "No, we decided being friends would better for
both of us." I looked over at Jeyton and he wasn't happy with her response, definitely in front of one of his biggest enemies. Lyal smiled
"so you are on the market?" and that pissed Jeyton off, Jeyton charged after Lyal but Aaron got in the way of them. Lyal was still smiling, he
knew exactly how to push Jeyton's buttons. I slapped Lyal on the arm playfully and said "stop that" I grabbed a quick glance at Cotton who
was confused. I announced "I am going to take Cotton home." I grabbed Cotton's coat and arm and pulled him to the door. We were outside
heading to his car when he asked "What is Lyal to you?" I stopped and turned to look at him "He is my best friend/Ex boyfriend." Cotton then
asked another question "Is that why Jeyton doesn't like him?" I nodded and added "Jeyton doesn't like Lyal because the first time Jeyton and I
broke up, Lyal asked me out and Jeyton didn't like that because they were best friends at the time. I've always had a crush on Lyal back then.
When he asked me out I said yes. And that pissed Jeyton off. But when Lyal had to leave because his dad is also in the army, we broke up. So
Jeyton and I got back together." Then Cotton asked "Did you want to break up with Lyal?" I answered "at the time no, after he left that's when
Jason died. I was so vulnerable, I got back with Jeyton. I don't regret getting back together with him, but I did think it was to soon. And a few
months after Jason died my dad died. So I really needed someone to comfort me." Cotton nodded in understatement I was hoping. We got in
the car and he announced "you know I can take myself home, you don't have to take me." I told him "you just woke up a half hour ago, I'm
taking you home." then I smiled. When we got to his house, which was about 7 blocks away from my house. We got out of the car and I said
"your home now go in and sleep." I was about to walk away when he caught my arm and pulled me back to him. We stared into each others eyes
and then he kissed me. It wasn't like any kiss she had with Jeyton or Lyal, it was much more powerful and romantic. He pulled away but only
enough to catch a breather. Our faces were still touching, and then he pushed me against him again. This time his kiss was much softer and
had a knid of sweetness to it, we were like that for awhile. I pulled away this time and said "I have to go." But I wasn't going anywhere, I didn't
one inch. Then I kissed him again then walked away "bye see you later." I knew he was watching after me. And I was so red in the face I could
feel it burning. I touched my lips where his lips just were and smiled. I had a cheerful glow to me all the way home. But when I was about 2
blocks from my house I felt someone following me. I looked behind me and saw a dark figure move behind a tree. I started to walk faster and
then I heard footsteps, on the concrete sidewalk. Then I started to run, but a hand caught hold of me and threw me up against the fence next
to the sidewalk. "What the hell?" I saw who it was. "Gabriel? What the hell are you doing here?" He smiled his perfect teeth and said "well it's
good to see you too Kyler." I threw his arms off me and straightened up my shirt "I'll repeat myself, What are you doing here?" He caressed my
cheek and I slapped his hand away "You have grown up Kyler. I came to see you." I asked "why?" he smiled again "you can't feel it, the fiery
rage building up inside you, all your emotions magnified." I looked at him strange "how did you know that?" he circled me like a animal getting
ready to mark it's territory. "Because I've been watching you Kyler. You have become more of a brat each day, your love for a little someone is
really strong and I can feel it." I was confused "So? What are you talking about?" he answered "your becoming a Nephilim. Not just any Nephilim
though, you are becoming a Dark and strong Nephilim. You probably won't fight for God's side, you'll fight for Lucifer's. And I can't wait to kill
you with my own two hands." I slapped his hand away when he touched my hair. "your wrong, it was only Jason and Aaron, I can't be a
Nephilim it's only the male generation inherits it." And Gabriel answered "true, but remember your going to play on the opposite side as your
brothers, they served for God you will be Lucifer's puppet." I looked straight in the eyes "Why aren't you killing me now, don't you hate Nephilims,
why bother wait till the fight? Why don't you kill me here and now?" He smiled that smile I hate so much "because I want it to be a fair fight,
right now you don't have all your powers, so I'll be back in a month or two to kill you when your a full Nephilim. So I'll see you then." He snaps
and then he's gone, all that's left off him is a silky white feather on the ground. I pick it up and head home, with a bruised neck and back.

When I got home I went straight to the fridge and grabbed a bag of ice. When I sat down on the couch I winced and groaned loud enough for Aaron to hear me up stairs. "Kyler, you down there?" I hollard "Yeah." Aaron came downstairs, I tried to hide my ice bag but I was too late he saw it. "What happened?" and I answered honestly "I had a little run in." Aaron asked "With who?" I tried to avoid his eyes "Gabriel." His eyes got so wide they looked like they were going to pop out of his sockets. Then he lifted up the back of my shirt and saw the huge bruise that was already swollen "What did he do to you?" I tried to sit up but stopped because it was useless. "He through me up against a fence." I didn't want to tell hI'm what Gabriel told me so I thought I would keep that part out. "Why did he through you up against a fence?" I shrugged and then said "Maybe it's because he's back in town." He kept looking at me like he knew I was keeping something I'mportant from hI'm "And why is he back?" I shrugged again and then I turned away, I could never stand lying to my brothers, they always caught me. Like one tI'me Jason caught me sneaking back in after midnight and he asked where I was, I tried to lie to hI'm but he always knew when I was lying. So I had to tell hI'm the truth which was I was out with Jeyton and his friends. And there was alcohol involved. "I should get some rest, is Jeyton still up in my room?" And Aaron answered "yeah, he just got in the shower." I stood up very uncomfortably "And Lyal?" he pointed "guest bedroom" I said "sh*t, couch for me." Lyal came downstairs and announced "you can sleep in my room with me." I looked at hI'm "are you sure you won't mind?" He shook his head no and added "We used to do it all the tI'me, come on Ky." I walked up the stairs very slowly and when I got to Lyal he helped me the rest of the way. "No funny business up there." Aaron demanded I smiled back at hI'm and so did Lyal. When we got up to the room, Lyal announced "you take the bed, i"ll take the floor." I waved hI'm off "You are the guest in this house--" but Lyal clapped his hand over my mouth and said "your injured" he looked to her back and so did I and replied "It's nothing, It'll be a nice purple bruise by morning." We both laughed and then Lyal caught my eye. He was so much older now and much more hoter. But I gotta say, he is not as hot as Cotton. I saw Cotton with no shirt on today and he was like a real hot stuff, I almost fainted I haven't seen anyone that hot before in my life. Lyal leaned in and kissed me, I wanted to reject hI'm so bad but I couldn't feeling his lips on mine again felt so good. I missed hI'm so much. But things are complicated right now with Jeyton and Cotton. My emotions are all out of whack. "Damn it, Lyal." I pushed hI'm away and went over and looked out the window, "what?" he asked. I turned around and looked at hI'm and said "Why did you have to kiss me?" He came over to me and turned me to where we were facing each other. "Kyler, I have never once stopped loving you." I pushed hI'm away "You left. Without a call, letter, or even a text saying you were moving. Until you were already gone." I was almost out the door but Lyal pulled me back in and was careful enough not to hurt me more than I already am. He backed me up against the wall of the bedroom and shut the door. "Kyler, is this about that Cotton kid?" I looked at hI'm hurtfully "This has nothing to do with Cotton!" He looked me straight in the eyes and said "Kyler I know you better than anyone, you can't lie to me. Do you like hI'm?" I looked right back at Lyal "Yeah I do. He has been nothing but nice to me, he hasn't left yet either." Lyal backed off and rubbed the back of his head "just give it tI'me, he has some dark secret that will pop out unexpectedly." I glared at hI'm "like you?" He pointed a finger at me "you do not speak of that not here." "Of how your a demon? Whoops!" I said covering my mouth sarcastically. He pushed me up against the wall with more force and said "I told you not to speak of that." I pushed hI'm away and announced "what are you seriously going to do about it? I am going to be on your side soon, so whats the point in fighting right now?" He was facing away from me when I said that and so he turned around and asked "What does that mean you'll be on my side soon?" I went and sat on the bed "nothing." He came up to me and pulled my chin up to look at hI'm "tell me now" he said with such fury. "I had a run in with Gabriel tonight and he said I was turning into a Dark NephilI'm." Lyal just looked at me and said "he has to be lying." I shook my head and admitted "He knew things about me I haven't told anyone." He rose his eyebrows and said "like?" I drew a deep breath and said "I have rage inside me that is so intense it feels like it will consume me anytI'me. And I haven't been able to calm down when I get really heated or emotional."Lyal looked at me pissed and then asked "have you told Aaron about this?" I played with my shoe strings and announced "part of it he knows about." And then we hear "And what part would that be?" Aaron came walking in. "What all did you hear?" I asked nervously "I just caught the part on where your not telling me something, and that would be?" He was curious. When she wasn't going to say anything Lyal stepped in "She is becoming a Dark NephilI'm." I stood up "Damn it Lyal, He doesn't need to know this, I thought I could trust you with this." I tried to walk past Aaron to leave but he grabbed my arm. "Where do you think your going?" I pulled my arm from his grasp "Wherever the hell I want." and I started down the stairs, I grabbed my coat and my car keys to my car that I haven't driven in forever. And was heading out the door when a hand caught me from inside the house, "If you leave this house now don't plan on coming back." So I went back inside, grabbed my purse and took off out the door to the garage. My SUV there, I put the key in the ignition and drove off into the night. When I got out into the country, I saw something move in the back of my car with my mirror. Then a knife plunged through my shoulder. I screamed like hell, And I heard the person whisper "your gonna die."That's when I saw a guard rail coming up on a turn, if I could accelerate a little more then this person would go flying out of the car. So I picked up speed. I was ten feet from the rail and I squeezed the steering wheel, I knew I might not be able to survive this. And then I hit the guard rail which sent the person into the windshield but what I didn't expect was for the SUV to flip over the rail and keep flipping. The vehicle flipped at least 5 tI'mes before it stopped on the roof of the SUV. I woke up to flashing lights and sirens, I was not conscious for more than 20 seconds. Aaron was sitting on the couch hoping Kyler would come back, but she didn't. He tried to call her multiple of tI'mes but all he got was her voicemail, he tried again, no answer. "Damn it Kyler pick up!!" That's when he got a call on the home phone "Hello" he said "Is this Dora Beacker?" "No this is her son, may I ask who's calling?" he responded "This is Freddrick County Hospital and we have a ER patient coming here by the name of Kyler Beacker. We need someone to come down here as soon as possible." Aaron dropped the phone and screamed up the stairs "LYAL!! JEYTON!!!" They came running down and saw Aaron, "Whats wrong?" Lyal asked "Ky-Kyler--" he muttered and pointed to the phone "hospital." Jeyton was the first one to push Aaron out the door and into his car and Lyal followed. When they got to the hospital, Aaron was on speaking terms again, he got there right when Kyler's ambulance got there. He pushed past everyone to get to her. And he regretted it, she was messed up. Her face was all bloody along with the rest of her body, she had road rash everywhere, her leg was broken also. "Kyler!!" he yelled and tried to reach for her but the paramedics backed hI'm off, "sir you need to give us some room." And then they headed into the hospital. Kyler was rushed to the OR I'mmediately. Aaron, Lyal, and Jeyton all had to wait in the waiting room. They darted right up when the doctor came running out "are you a family member of Kyler?" and Aaron nodded and added "I'm her biological brother." and the doctor told Aaron to come with hI'm. He handed Aaron forms for a blood transfusion, "you are 18 right?" Aaron answered "yes" and he signed his name on the form and hurried to the enclosed area where they take blood. "How much does she need?" and the doctor answered "at least a pint." When they were done they had Aaron lay down and they ran the blood to the lab to make sure it was a match. Which it was so they ran it back to the OR. About three hours later the doctor came back again, "I'm sorry, we did everything we could." Aaron dropped to his knees, his mom came running to them. "Aaron where's Kyler?" she looked at hI'm with tear filled eyes and then the doctor announced "I'm sorry we could not revive your daughter, she had multiple internal wounds, along with external. She died of a very serious head injury." Dora looked at Aaron still on the floor, she walked in front of hI'm and slapped hI'm in the face. "What did you do this tI'me? One dead sibling isn't enough, your younger sister has to die too! What is wrong with you? Why couldn't it have been you instead of her?!" she clapped her hand over her mouth and Aaron looked up at her. "you really want me to die? Well you got your wish I'm dead to you I'll be gone by the tI'me you get home!" He stood up and almost walked out the door, when the nurse from the operating room came rushing out. "Doctor, Doctor. We need you stat!" He went off running into the room. Aaron came back and sat as far as he could away from his mother. The doctor came back out 10 minutes later with a smile on his face "It's a miracle Kyler pulled through right when we were taking her off the oxygen. Congratulations, your daughter is alive." He said to Dora. The doctor left and Dora went up to Aaron "Aaron I didn't mean what I said, I don't want you to die or move, your my son. I love you." Then Aaron turned to her and said "I will have my stuff packed by tonight, and I'm taking my sister with me. I meant what I said."then he walked off to the nearest bathroom. Dora was left shocked not knowing what to do.

This book has 1 comment.

Love.Hate.Passion., Spring Valley, Illinois

~Hope. Faith. Love~
~Be proud of who you are.You are all unique in a different way.~
~I WILL NOT fade into oblivion , and become less than
a distant memory.~

*Warning*

I am about to give you very constructive criticism. Please do not be offended as it only reflects my view on the story , and many people may have different opinions as opposed to mine: and it will help you become a better writer. Anyway , there are a serious amount of grammar and spelling errors. The story itself does not draw you in  , and for the life of me , I cannot imagine any of this in my head , which is a sign that there needs to be a more significant amount of detail. It's a very....boring story and it's not completely interesting,Good job either way , and keep writing.