The Nature of Paper Cranes | Teen Ink

The Nature of Paper Cranes

By Bethany_Nichols BRONZE, Portsmouth, Virginia
Bethany_Nichols BRONZE, Portsmouth, Virginia

Summary:

There are two types of people: the ones who think they've got it together, and the ones who know they're falling apart. Amelia Crane is part of the former group. Raised in a conservative Christian household, she believes that she knows who she is and she's got herself under control; but circumstances change people. After surviving the accident that took her best friend's life, Amelia feels like she has died as well. Our latter group representative is an 18-year-old second-year senior named Utah Miller. Utah, who grew up in a broken home, is perfectly aware of the fact that she needs help, but she has a habit of seeking comfort from the wrong kind of people. These two girls' worlds collide when Utah takes a favor from an unsuspecting stranger, ending in a huge disaster that leaves Utah and Amelia inexplicably connected on some deep, unreachable level. There are always more lessons to be learned and more growing to be done, but suddenly they're faced with a decision: is love worth destroying everything you depend on?

Bethany N.

The Nature of Paper Cranes