Quiet the Trees | Teen Ink

Quiet the Trees

By Apollo77 PLATINUM, Brunswick, Ohio
Apollo77 PLATINUM, Brunswick, Ohio

"All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.”
"Madame, all stories, if continued far enough, end in death, and he is no true-story teller who would keep that from you."
-Ernest Hemingway

Summary:

Oh you know how it happened.

The usual way, if that exists.

But that's the funny part. It does exist and we are living proof.

You know how it happened, my love. The usual way.

You know. Boy meets girl. Girl is shy. Boy is cool. Neither really care. I guess I can't say that. Maybe I should just tell you my side...

Apollo77

Quiet the Trees

PrincessClaire BRONZE, Fayetteville, North Carolina

don't do me do your hair

I disagree with the "it's rambling" thing, though it could do with being a little more organized. I actually thought it was really really good and rated it 5 stars. You're a good writer! Please check out/rate/comment on my stuff! Xo-Claire

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

I agree with readaholic. While what you're writing is understandable, i feel like it's rambling a little tiny too much. The first chapter was a little over-the-top, but I can argue and say that it was for character development. You're great at that

readaholic PLATINUM, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

I'd rather fail because I fell on my own face than fall because someone tripped me up
~Jhonen Vasquez

Your writing is very good, but the whole piece is just kind of flat.  It starts to build a story when you talk about how you and Stephanie became friends, but then it's just describing how you're a social outcast (sorry, I mean "you' like the narrator of the story, not really "you" :)).  So...I guess I'm just trying to say that there's not a lot of plot or build, but if you wrote more chapters it would pick up.  I also find it odd how you begin to talk about Stephanie, then you and Stephanie, and then we're just back to you, like Stephanie didn't make any difference.  I don't know, maybe I'm just babbling...But your writing style, fluency, and word choice is really good, the characters are nice, and it really is well written

holly1999 GOLD said...
holly1999 GOLD, Middlesbrough, Other

'There was no need to clarify my finger snap, the implication was clear in the snap itself' - Magnus Bane

Great story.  It was well written and really fluent to read too. The charcters were well developed and easy to relate to. I really liked it