The Girl Who Speaks For Dead Men | Teen Ink

The Girl Who Speaks For Dead Men

Summary:

The intention of this story was to make people think, and feel defiantly. It’s almost a scientific experiment. To see if, in fourteen pages, I can make a change someone’s mind. If I change just one person’s mind, by a quarter that will be more than enough. To me, this does count as a dystopian story, however everything that happens is factual. Showing that we don’t need to use our imagination to create a dystopian world, we simply have to change our perspective. Although it’s nice to imagine a dystopian world, almost satirical of our own (like the Hunger Games, 1984 or Catch 22) it isn’t always necessary to go so far to make a point. Sometimes it seems that the real world is horrible enough, without the dramatic coating of imagination. Having said that, there is always hope. No matter how small, or how weak, it’s still there. All that is needed is a tiny spark of hope, to create a fire big enough to change the bad.

Anonymous

The Girl Who Speaks For Dead Men

This book has 1 comment.

on Apr. 14 2012 at 7:59 am
AnimaCordis GOLD, London, Other

"Evil is when the good do nothing"

Oh my gosh I want to find out more! The ending is such a cliff hanger, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT