Just Listen | Teen Ink

Just Listen

May 10, 2011
By HannahB SILVER, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
HannahB SILVER, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
8 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Summary:

Just Listen tells the story of a tragic girl's life, through four different perspectives of a school jock, a popular girl, a school nerd, and the school rebel.

This story reminds us that you can't judge everyone by what is on the surface, just as you can't tell the sturggles each person is facing.

Tags: Friends


Hannah B.

Just Listen


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 23 comments.


on May. 13 2011 at 6:36 pm
SarcasticPersonInTraining BRONZE, Woodbury, Minnesota
3 articles 0 photos 48 comments
wow this was truly very well written! i love that there was no direct dialogue and i love that there was repetition of the same event, but from a different character's eyes. i especially loved chapters 9 and 11 idk why haha :) but very good ending and i loved how u had those four chapters where they all began with "this is all my fault" and ended with "i felt so alone". it's like they share her pain and they understand. overall great story! :) plz check out my story: Last Note, if you have time, and comment and rate me plz :) great job! :)

HannahB SILVER said...
on May. 13 2011 at 4:29 pm
HannahB SILVER, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
8 articles 0 photos 10 comments
Thanks so much! I was trying to make it relatable for anyone, thats why I didn't give her name. Thanks! :)

on May. 13 2011 at 9:55 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other
31 articles 6 photos 577 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

I was in tears the whole time I read this! I loved the style you used, showing four points of views. Even though each chapter was short, I found that you were able to convey a lot of meaning into them. The voices of the characters gave the story life, and their thoughts were realistic. I can't think of anything wrong with this story. I'm glad you never gave us the name of 'her'. It makes me feel like everyone has their problems, and everyone needs someone to listen to. The ending was superb and ended the story perfectly, in my opinion. This was amazing! So sad, yet so inspiring. :)