Kristine's Road | Teen Ink

Kristine's Road

By Jane3 SILVER, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
Jane3 SILVER, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania

“The capital-T truth is about life BEFORE death. It is about the real value of a real education, which has almost nothing to do with knowledge, and everything to do with simple awareness; awareness of what is so real and essential, so hidden in plain sight all around us, all the time, that we have to keep reminding ourselves over and over: this is water. This is water.”

Summary:

When Kristine Walters is diagnosed with leukemia her world is falling a part. Her parents are mid-way through a divorce, her siblings can't stop bickering and she is overflowing with emotion. The only one who seems to understand her is her older brother Josh, but even he can't fix their families problems. The doctors keep telling her she will pull through, but she doesn't care, she only cares for her family. Will Kristine be okay? Will the family be reunited?

Tags: Family

Jane3

Kristine's Road

Congratulations!I always knew you would become a writer - and you will only get better and better!

CJ3838 said...
CJ3838, Williamston, Michigan

"It's a big big world with big big hearts, got so much love to give"

Greyson's Light (which is just an article but i'm thinking about putting up the whole book) , A Dream, Starbucks Summer, The Librarian and Abby's Blood, and there are a few others

Jane3 SILVER said...
Jane3 SILVER, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania

What are the names of your works?

Jane3 SILVER said...
Jane3 SILVER, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania

Thank you, so much!!! I would love to check out your work! Thanks for the comment!

CJ3838 said...
CJ3838, Williamston, Michigan

Jane3- this is a great book! a few editing problems, but nothing that can't be easily fixed. Josh's and Kristine's relationship is heartwarming, and i liked that even though Kristine's world is falling apart, her family's world is being stitched back together. keep writing, and please check out my stuff, comment, i need feedback (: i also liked how you tied together life being like a road and it's twists and turns into the future. keep it up(:

Jane3 SILVER said...
on Apr. 24 2011 at 10:02 am
Jane3 SILVER, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania

Hi everyone, please rate and read my novel.  It is very short and I hope you enjoy!