Lost and Found | Teen Ink

Lost and Found

By Meg-darling GOLD, Homewood, Illinois
Meg-darling GOLD, Homewood, Illinois

Summary:

A letter unanswered leaves a stone of rejection resting upon the heart, weighing it down—making life nearly impossible to bear.

It doesn’t help that the man Michelle Bennett wrote this letter to, nine years later, is her daughter’s second-grade teacher.

They were best friends until she confessed her love to him in writing. Following months of waiting, and the pain of no response, it became apparent that moving on—starting over—is her only option.

Ryan Drisi lost the love of his life to a battle neither of them could have hoped to win. With a heavy heart and a golden retriever at his side, he swallows his sorrow and continues his teaching career at the local elementary school. Only when he sees the face of an old friend do blurred memories fill his mind and pierce his heart.

Michelle and Ryan are lost in a bottomless sea of grief. Will finding one another again lead them out of the water and into each other’s arms?

Meg-darling

Lost and Found

This book has 1 comment.

on Apr. 13 2011 at 10:09 am
Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

I was glad to see that the chapters were lengthy and detailed, which is a nice surprise. I also liked the cover, which was very nostalgic for me.

Please check out my novel SuperNOVA on the front page of the novels section and leave your thoughts on it. Thanks :D