Unwanted love | Teen Ink

Unwanted love

By Jadethehuman, Attica, Michigan
Jadethehuman, Attica, Michigan

Author's note:

I enjoyed writing this story. I wrote it on another website called wattpad and wanted to share it here. I have had this story on my mind to write about for so long, and I'm glad to share it with you all!

"Lewis it's time to wake up!" My older sister Lonie yelled from her room.

It's a normal day for me getting up like this. My dad is most likely at the bar passed out, or at some ladies house after his night of "fun". I walked down the hall to the kitchen in my pajamas. A grey long sleeve and a pair of sweatpants, my black short curly hair all in a mess still.

"Hey Lonie, where's Nia?" I asked sitting down at the table.

"She's in her room getting ready," Lonie answered.

I sighed, "I hate that she has to grow up with dad being such a bum,"

"I know Lew, but you know ever since mom died it was really hard on-" I cut her off.

"How can you not be angry with him!? He abuses me and he's the reason I'm depressed! You've seen the scars on my arms and I know you have! You always act like nothing's wrong in our lives! You're the one doing anything when it comes to jobs! Dad is always either beating the sh*t out of me, at the bar, or at some random woman's house!"

"I know there's a lot wrong with how we are living, but until you and Nia turn 18 we can't do anything,"

I couldn't look at her anymore so I stormed of to the only one who can calm me down when I'm angry. My little sister Nia. I knocked on the door and walked in on my sister having a breakdown.

"Hey Nia, what's wrong?" I asked sitting next to her.

She wiped her tears and looked at me, "I- I think I'm not girl, but I don't know if I'm a boy,"

"So you think your in between?" I asked in a soft voice.

"I don't know,"

"Do you wanna borrow some of my cloths?"

"You know your emo clothes don't suit me" They laugh.

"Yeah, I know, but I still have cloths you can have that I'm never gonna wear. Is there any new name you wanna go by? Or are you still thinking about it,"

They sit up a bit, "no, I'm still thinking,"

"Alright, I'll grab you those cloths in a sec, love you Nia,"

"Love you too bro,"

I walked out of their room more calm and collected. I walked into my room and grabbed all the cloths that I wouldn't wear. I walked back to Nias room and set the cloths on their bed.

"There ya go," I said, "I'm gonna go get ready,"

"Okay, thank you Lew,"

"Any time,"

I walked back to my room and closed the door. I took off my shirt and looked at my body, I was starting to get too skinny again. All the bruises my dad have given me are very visible. Two bigger ones on my left sides, one on the right part of my chest. I looked at the scars on my arms, each screaming at me to hurt myself again.

I quickly grab a baggy pair of jeans, and a black sweater that says "emo king". It's my favorite sweater because Nia gave it to me when I was in the hospital last year. I had passed out during class and was unresponsive. My friend Alia told me this guy Jackson King. Who I've had a crush on sense 6th grade. She said that he helped get me to the ambulance.

Sadly I've been too scared to thank him and it makes me feel guilty. He's a pretty nice guy and most girls like him for his money or for his looks. Don't get me wrong he's hot as hell. I like him for his personality though, and I also like him for how gentle he is to people.

"Lewis! Hurry up or you're gonna be late!" Lonie yells.

"Hold on!" I yell back.

I put on my outfit quickly brushed my hair and teeth. I grabbed my car keys and ran out the door.

"I love you guys!" I yell and get in the car.

I drive to Alias house to pick her up and than I start driving to school.

"What's up shorty," She says

"Hey! I'm not that short!" I say.

"You're literally 5'5" She says.

"Okay, and?" A say, still looking at the road.

"I'm 6 foot!" She yells.

"So that means your just a really tall female!" I yell.

"Oh shut it short stack," She states, sure I'm short but still.

"I'll make you ride the bus," I say jokingly.

"Please no!" She yells.

I laugh, "I was joking,"

I pull into the school parking lot and find a spot.

"I can't believe your moms car still works," Alia says.

"Me too, but I have had to fix this a few times," I say.

"With my help," Alia says with a sly look on her face.

"Oh shut it,"

"What? It's true,"

"I know,"

"Alright, I gotta head to homeroom, see ya in 5th hour," Alia says.

We get out of the car and part ways, I go to my locker and put my backpack away. I grab my art supplies that I need for art and I head to my homeroom. I usually do this so I can just go right to 1st hour after homeroom. The minuet bell rang and I started running to class. I turned the corner and ran into someone and fell back.

"Ah! I'm sorry I didn't see where I was going," I said quickly.

"No it's fine it was my fault I wasn't paying attention," The male voice says.

I start picking up my stuff and he helps. I look up and I freeze. It was Jackson. He was so cute. His hair was brown and he had his beech waves going every which way. His brown eyes were like a dark ocean you could get lost in. His light skin was glowing in the light. He was absolutely breathtaking.

"Um, I've been meaning to tell you something awhile Jackson," I say without thinking.

"What's that?" He looks up and we make eye contact. It got awkward so I looked away.

"Thank you, my friend told me what you did the day I collapsed in class," I said looking down.

A soft gentle hand reached my face and I looked up.

"You don't need to thank me Lewis. It's human decency,"  He said.

I could feel myself blushing, "H-how do you know my name?"

"Your friend was freaking out and I overheard your name,"

"Oh, well, I'll see you in second hour?"

"Yeah,"

I got my stuff together and rushed to homeroom. I looked back and I could have sworn he was beet red.

*BEEP* *BEEP *BEEP* My alarm was going off and I groaned. I shut it off and got out of bed and stretched. I walked to my bathroom and turned on the light. I turned on my morning playlist and started the shower. I Rushed downstairs and get a small breakfast, I got some cereal and went back upstairs already eating it. By the time I got up I was almost done eating. I walked back into my room and went into my bathroom. 

I started taking off my clothes and got in the shower. My mom was already at the school getting things taken care of. My music stopped and i was my friend calling. I declined it sense I was in the shower and kept listening to my music.

I started to wash my body to finish up. I finished and got out of the shower. I got dressed into a tan sweater a pair of blue jeans and a brown belt. I brushed out my short brown hair with slight beach waves. I brushed my teeth and went out the door. I got in my car and called my friend.

"What do you want Lance?" I asked.

"So are you gonna ask Lewis out today!?" He screamed through the phone.

"Dude you're connected to my car shut up!" I yelled.

"Oh sorry, why are you keeping it a secret you're gay anyways?"

"You know why, and you've heard what my mom has said about gay people,"

"Yeah, but you're her son. She's gonna find out sooner or later,"

"I like later thank you,"

"Ugh, you're no fun. But I'm serious if you don't ask Lewis out this week I'm taking the poor guy out on a date myself,"

"Don't you dare!"

"I'm joking, you know I like someone else,"

"Yeah and you won't tell me asshole!"

"Because you don't need to!"

"As your bestfriend I do!"

"Look, imma let you drive man, I just got to the school, I'll see you later,"

"Alright Lance, see ya,"

I hung up and kept driving. I stopped at a light and looked at the car next to me. Lewis was in it. He was listening to "I WANNA BE YOUR SLAVE" by Maneskin with his friend Alia and they look like they're talking. It's a good song, he looked really happy while listening to music. He was breathtaking, he had a black baggy sweater on that said "Emo king" and I got a glimpse at his pants and they were dark grey jeans.

His short curly hair was going every which way. He was dancing and he looked like he was having a lot of fun. The light turned green and he started driving again as did I. He didn't see me thank god. He may be really quiet at school, but he seems really happy outside of school. I just feel like there's more that does on in his life than anyone has seen.

I would ask him or his friend, but ever since he passed out I don't think that's a good idea. His friend was super scared when he collapsed and in all honestly so was I. I pulled into the school parking lot not long after Lewis did. 

He always parks in the same spot. The left side of parking strip B, I park at the opposite side. I get out and started walking to the school building. I was walking to my locker to grab my things when the minuet bell rang. It was only home room so I didn't need anything so I started running.

I turned the corner and it was all a blur, next thing I knew, I was on the ground. I looked up and I saw Lewis. I started staring at his figure as he's laying on the floor. It's like time it self has frozen. His shirt was lifted up to where I could see his stomach.

He had a feminine figure, I could see his boxers. When I realized I was practically checking him out my face heated up and I started to pick up his things. He got up and his sleeve was slightly rolled up. He had deep scars, some had stitch marks.

"I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention," He said in a hurry trying to pick up his stuff.

"No it's my fault I wasn't paying attention," I said snapping out of my thoughts.

His voice dropped to a very quiet, "Hey Jackson, I wanted to say thank you for helping me the day I collapsed," 

I looked up at him and my body moved on it's own. I gently grabbed his face and looked at him in the eyes. "You don't have to thank me, it's basic human decency Lewis," I said

He looked shocked and he blushed, "How do you know my name?" He asked.

Sh*t , I forgot he doesn't know I know his name, "Your friend was in a panic and said your name,"

He scrambled around and grabbed his things, "Well thank you, uh, see ya in 5th period!" He ran off with his things. I just stood there and I could feel myself blushing ear to ear. I thought I was about to kiss him without thinking!

I snapped out of my thoughts and ran to homeroom. I got to homeroom and sad next to Lance. Apparently I was still blushing a little because he wouldn't let it go the rest of the hour. The teacher was going on and on about Homecoming, I wanted to go but I had no one to go with.

Sure I have Lance, but I wanna go with Lewis. I just don't know how to ask him since we don't really know each other that well. I kinda zoned out the whole period looking out the window.

(Jackson's POV)

I was staring out the window waiting away first hour. Homeroom was boring to me. The whole time I zoned out and looked out the window. Now I'm in 1st hour Math. I've never liked math, but since it's a mandatory class I have to take it. While I was trying to listen to the teacher I heard two girls talking.

"Oh my god he's so cute. I wonder if he has a girlfriend," One said.

"Shhh, he's right there he might hear you," The other said.

I groaned quietly in frustration. I hated when I could hear people talking about me. Or when it happened in general. I raised my my hand and asked to use the bathroom. The teacher said yes so I left the room and headed to the bathroom. When I walked in I heard crying, but it wasn't a guy.

"Hello?" I called out.

The person tried to stop crying but it didn't work. I looked under the stall and saw a girl. The reason she was in the boys bathroom, I was about to find out.

I knocked on the stall door, "Can I come in?" I asked.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"My name is Jackson and I wanna help. I'm not gonna hurt you I promise," I said calmly.

"O-okay," She stuttered. She unlocked the door and rushed back to the corner she was in before.

"Hello there," I smiled.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"I just wanna help, I've never seen you around this school. Are you new?"

"No sh*t , yeah I'm new,"

"So why are you in the boys bathroom crying?"

"I couldn't find my class so I asked a kid in the hallway. Sam I think he said his name was?" I already knew where this was going. Sam was a creep with a bad reputation. He touches girls and even tries to hook up with them, "He started to lead me down this hall and when we got close enough to this bathroom. I tried to scream but he covered my mouth-" At this point the poor girl was shaking.

"Hey, you don't have to talk about it. Did he get to do anything?" I asked.

She just nodded her head yes. I could tell she was disgusted in herself. I knew the feeling.

I opened my arms to see if she wanted a hug, "May I?"

"Mhm," She hummed and hugged me.

She started crying on my shoulder and I just let her do so. My mother has broke down like this in front of me. She had a miscarriage and than my dad had left. It was hard on her. I rubbed the girls back and hummed a soft calming tune. I didn't even know this girls name, but I knew she was hurting.

"May I ask what your name is?" I ask.

"You can call me Rei," She said. "And so you seriously go by Jackson, or do you like Jack?" She asked.

"You can call me Jack, I don't mind," I pulled out my phone, "Here gimme your phone,"

"Oh, didn't know you moved that fast," She laughed.

"Oh no I didn't mean it like that! I uh-"

"I know, you're not really my type anyways,"

I laugh, "Well than that would be the first. It's a relief really,"

"Popular or something?"

"Sadly yes, my mom is the principal of the school and I play basketball,"

"Basketball is kinda stupid," she says as she hands me my phone back.

"Yeah you're not wrong,"

We get up and walk out of the bathroom, I show her where her class is and I walk back to my math class. When I walk back in everyone is packing up already. I  grab my stuff knowing the teacher won't care I was gone so long. Besides that's the first time I've been gone that long for this class.

The bell rings and I go find Rei. I didn't want her getting caught with the wrong crowd again. I walked through the halls and I finally found her. She was talking to Lewis. I knew she would be safe with him, but something pulled me to them. I walked up to them and the closer I got the more my palms sweat. Most likely because of Lewis.

"Hello stranger," I say trying to keep calm.

"Why hello Jackson, we were just talking about you," Rei says.

I looked at Lewis, "Oh really?"

"I-it wasn't anything bad I-I promise!" He squeeked.

"It's alright, I know," I say feeling a bit bad.

"Sooo Lewis, when are you-" Rei gets cut off by Lewis.

"Oh! Is that the bell? Better get going!" He says while blushing.

"I didn't hear a bell," I say confused.

He kept running to where ever he was running off to. I knew I had a confused look on my face, but I shook it off.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"Beats me," Rei giggled.

I broke from Rei and went to me next class. It was second hour. I had this hour with Lewis. I was so excited. Me and him never really talked much, if at all even. People judge him for being so quiet. Once you get to know him a little bit though he's pretty talkative. He was cuter up close as well. I liked to see Lewis happy upclose.

I reached my next class which had Lewis in it. I walked in sat down in the seat next to Lewis and sighed. I liked this class, but I was tired for some reason. I put my head down and the last thing I remember is the bell ringing for class to start before I drift asleep on my desk.