The Brodies | Teen Ink

The Brodies

INT.PRESTONS HOUSE-DAY

It is 12 oclock in the morning. Preston is sleeping in his two bedroom apartment. Jerry Springer is playing on tv and you can smell eggo waffles cooking. Preston wakes up

PRESTON

What should we do today? I think i need to find a better job. I am struggling with this rent. HEY TY! Make me some waffles too.

TY

Ight bet you want butter too. I'm giving him butter too.

Ty prestons roommate pops 4 eggo waffles in the toaster for Preston. They come out crispy and good, he then puts syrup on their waffles and brings both plates to the table for breakfast. They sit at the table and watch losers and wh*res slap each other on jerry springer.

PRESTON

Who's winning this one, the fat girl or the buff girl?

TY

There is no way fat girl loses she's like 300 pounds she just gotta sit on buff girl.

PRESTON

I don't know buff girl look like they got a mean left hook.

They watch as the woman battles over who deserves the man of their dreams. Fat girl pulls buff girl hair and throws her on the ground to then jump on her butt first. But instead buff girl holds fat girl up by both arms and throws her off stage. It was so bad they went to commercial.

TY

Yo what just happened (He began laughing).

PRESTON

Buff girl won and fat girl owes some property damage. I'm pretty sure she put a whole in the floor. (Preston laughs as well)

TY

I wonder how much Jerry gets paid off this show of just couples fighting.

PRESTON

Probrally a lot of this is very entertaining. Speaking of money though I'm not making enough , I need a new job.

TY

Yea i need to make some more money too all are money goes towards rent. Our buddy christian is always finding ways to make money.

PRESTON

Ok let's go find him then i'll call him up.

Preston calls christian and christian tells Preston to have him and ty meet him in the city square. So they drive up to the city square and sit.

EXT.STL CITY SQUARE-DAY

Christian pulls up in a Cadillac and you can hear music booming. He parks and walks out to the bench Preston and Ty were sitting at.

CHRISTIAN

Whats up guys its been awhile how yall been.

PRESTON

It's been bad lately brodie. We're struggling to make money and we need a way to grind up some cash.

CHRISTIAN

Well luckily for yall im starting up a new business i could get yall in on some deals. I got this guy that gets to move large shipments of new shoes. He replaces them with cheap fakes and gives me the real ones to make profit. We will each sell off so many pairs and give my guy 50% of our profit.

PRESTON

That sounds kinda fun how much would we make off this.

CHRISTIAN

Well we will be selling jordans every type even offwhite jordan ones so after selling 5 boxes you could have around 700 to 4000.

TY

That's crazy cash. I'm down to do that. With that money we could pay rent and have money left over.

PRESTON

Yea christian this sounds like a great deal thanks how should we go about starting this.

CHRISTIAN

Well if yall are really bout it i want you guys to go pick up your parts of the shipment go to the back of the mall and meet tommy out back.

Preston and Ty get into their mustang and jam out to music on the way to the mall. They stop to get mcdonalds give a homeless guy 5 dollars and a mcmuffin, and then they reach their destination.

EXT.ALLEY WAY AT MALL-NIGHT

PRESTON

Where is he? It's been like 30 minutes.

TY

Christian said he is packing the shipment.

All of a sudden Tommy came out with two big bags. Each bag had 6 shoe boxes in them.he walked to the mustang and threw them in the back.

TOMMY

There you go boys that's 7 grand in each bag. Get them sold by the end of the month and you guys can keep 80 percent of the profit but only this time.

PRESTON

Dang thanks tommy this gonna change my life i might start doing this.

TY

Yea thanks Tommy with this money I could do something with my life.

TOMMY

No problem yall make some bank for me i gotta get goin.

PRESTON

Ight see ya tommy i'll get you this bag soon.

TY

Yea see ya Tommy don't get caught.

Preston and Ty go home sorting out their shoes by color and number of jordan since jordans are numbered. After that they posted the shoes on their story showing that they are legit and giving the prices on all the shoes. After posting their product they wait for buyers to slide up. While they wait they drink and party.There's music boomin and drinks being poured.

TY

What are you gonna do with your cut? I'm probably gonna buy the new xbox.

PRESTON

I'm going to get an xbox too but I also wanna spend money to make money i dont know what to do though.

TY

You could sell stuff but that's a discussion for after we get the bag $.

PRESTON

You right i'll probably look into that but check your phone we need sales

TY

Dang bro i got 3 buyers already.

PRESTON

Dang me too let's go make these sales.

CAR./ ST.LOUIS-AFTER 12PM

Preston and Ty looked at their phones, got their buyers addresses and told them the time they would arrive with their shipment. They then stocked their car with the shoes and put their gun in the glove box. After this they went to get food. They stopped at Taco Bell and feasted and then were on their way to their sales. They stopped at a park near the house of their first potential buyer. A man walks up to the car and knocks on the window.

BUYER

Whats up? I'm here for the Jordan 1 retros. I've got my money. I just want to see them first and then I will choose to buy or not.

PRESTON

Yea no problem lemme show you the product.

Preston pulled out the shoes, opened the box and showed the buyer the product. He nodded yes to indicate he liked it and gave Preston the money.

BUYER

Thanks man these are gonna look great.

PRESTON

No problem. I hope you like them if you can tell people about us. We are gonna start doing this more often so if you have any friends looking for fresh kicks send them my way.

BUYER

Alright i definitely will thanks again.

PRESTON

NO problem.

After making their first sale they continued to go to the remaining 5 buyers and completed their sales they had 6 more shoe boxes to go. They had already made 600 each off their first 3 boxes each.

INT./THE APARTMENT-NIGHT

Preston and Ty have made it back to their apartment; they have put their money in an extra shoe box. They then sit and watch Jerry Springer.

PRESTON

Imagine if we had a show like this. We would show some crazy stuff on TV.

TY

What kind of show would you make?

PRESTON

If i had a show it would involve street fighting. And you would win a tournament to win the prize.

TY

Isn't that basically mma.

PRESTON

I mean almost but these are not trained fighters there, just people we find on the street.

TY

Oh. Yea i would watch that.

PRESTON

What show would you make?

TY

I would make a show that has 6 teams and they have to make it through escape rooms with hidden clues and pieces that need to be found to do things to allow you to escape the room but not every team can make it ofcourse. Eventually it will all come down to one team.

PRESTON

That's actually really cool. I like your idea more. You should do that. That's something that could make you a millionaire.

TY

I like the sound of that millionaire. If i was a millionaire i would live a life of luxury.

PRESTON

You know there's something weird about that. I've noticed that most people I know with a lot of money millionaires will choose to wear clothes from walmart. I personally would never wear clothes from Walmart again if I was rich. I would wear designer brands and have a whole closet full of sneakers.

TY

Yea my friends step dad is the same way i've wondered that too because like you said i would be flexin on everybody if i was rich with cool jewelry and hats and clothes. But i think that those type of people just dont find a need or a want for those things because they think that they dont need those things i see them as boring and stupid because i would look amazing in a gucci belt.

PRESTON

i don't exactly get them but I guess I just have a better style.

TY

You're right but it's late. I'm gonna go to bed tonight, brodie.

PRESTON

Night brodie.

They went to bed ready for the next day to make more money. This is exactly what they were looking for just a day ago, a way to make more money and it's all coming together.

INT./APARTMENT-DAY

PRESTON

Hey Ty get up my last buyers texted me up we got sales to go make.

TY

Ayy i got like 10 texts so i do too. Lets make some money.

Preston and Ty got in their mustang and drove to their last 6 sales.

TY

Dude we each have 2200 dollars. And we get to keep 80%.

PRESTON

Dude i know we are set on money now we just have to go give tommy the cuts we owe him.

Preston texts Tommy and they end up driving to his house to then give him the cuts of their profit they owe. They set their cuts in envelopes and labeled them with the number 440 which was Tommy's cut.

EXT./TOMMY HOUSE-NIGHT

TOMMY

What’s up guys? Did you sell the product?

PRESTON

Yep here's both our cuts for you we would definitely like to do this more.

TOMMY

Alright i can get yall in on some shipments i'll let you know when i restock.

And then Preston and Ty did deals from then on forward and made plenty of money to pay for their rent and fun stuff just like they wanted.