Accepted | Teen Ink

Accepted

July 10, 2018
By RainF05, Joussard, Alberta
More by this author
RainF05, Joussard, Alberta
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Accepted. That's all I wanted to be. I didn't want any part of me to be ripped away. But if I wanted to be accepted, then I had to be a normal girl.


All girls had to wear clothing that showed off something so that you could get a boy. Tight clothing and crop tops. Name brands that people would recognize so they they knew you had money. At least then I could make some new friends that would accept me.

Skinny. You had to be skinny. Thinner than that person that sits across from you. Counting calories. Exercise. Diet. Stay under that girls weight so you aren't called hippo or elephant. Not only that but you had to still maintain a big butt and have a big chest, so guys can find you attractive.

Get a guy. Not just any guy a hot one that people could be jealous of. Even if they are mean and just are using you, it's better than nothing.

Be stronger. Push the girls who want to be you out of your way. Call them names to make everyone laugh. Don't look behind you at them cause then they'll know your weak. Keep going.

Friends. Have friends that can surround you so you look less lonely. They probably aren't real but to other people they are. They might call you names and rat out your secrets, but other people will think your everyone's favourite person.

I had all of these. I was perfect to other girls. But that wasn't who I was. I didn't have to worry about how many friends I had or about fake friends words that could ruin me. I didn't have to worry about if i had a hot guy. I wore clothes that I liked and I didn't check my body in the mirror every night. I didn't edit every photo of me. I didn't gag myself after every meal. I didn't slip from being happy and cry myself to sleep. I didn't hurt myself. I didn't think any of thoughts about suicide. I didn't try to take pills to sleep so I didn't stay up. I was me before. I'm not sure why people try to be who I pretended to be. Because it killed the real me.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.