Popular | Teen Ink

Popular

May 14, 2018
By Sideners1, Springfield , Illinois
More by this author
Sideners1, Springfield , Illinois
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Samantha, come down stairs.” My mom yelled.
“Ughhhh, i'm coming” I got out of bed and headed downstairs

Let me tell you guys a little something about me. I'm Samantha Valentina. I'm 16 years old.I go to Riverside high. My entire closet is filled with brand new victoria secrets “pink” outfits.I  never wear the same outfit twice in a year. I get my nails done every week. I have a small group of friends. Were called the perfects. I'm white but I always have a tan. I date the star quarterback.His name is Shawn.I am the cheer captain of our cheer team. I drive a 2017 Mustang.

“We need to tell you something.” My mom was sitting on the couch.
“What is it?” I had an attitude because i'm trying to get ready for school and only half of my makeup is done.
“ Your boyfriend was in a car crash last night.”
“Omg is he okay? Why didn't he text me and tell me?”
“That’s because he can’t”
“Why?”
“He died in the accident.”
“Omg I have to go.” I ran back upstairs.

I'm a perfect i'm not allowed to cry but we’ve been together for 6 months.It hurt a lot so I texted one of my girls.

 


7:40 AM                                                                                                        4/5/16

To: Rosalita
 
Me: omg, did you hear what happened?

Rosalita: Yes, omg are you okay?

Me: yes and no.

Rosalita: I mean now you can get with Joseph.

Me: Your right I mean he is the running back for the football team.

Rosalita: I'll say something to him today.

Me: okay!

 


“Okay mom i'm leaving” I grabbed my keys off the table.
“Please be careful and text me when you get there.”
“Mom i'm not drunk and driving after leaving a frat party.”
“Okay sorry.”

I turn some music on and head to school. When I get there Joseph was parked next to where I park.I pull into my spot. Maybe Rosalita already said something to him.

“Hey, Samantha.” Joseph waved to me.
“Hey Joseph.”
“Sorry to hear about your boyfriend.”
“Thanks.”
“Do you want me to walk you to class?”
“Sure.”
He grabbed my hand and we started walking towards our first hour.
“Samantha?” Joseph stopped walking.
“Yeah?”
“I know this is a bad time but, I umm like you a lot.”
“Like as more than friends?”
“Yeah.”
“Oh I like you too.”
“Really?”
“Yeah”
We continued to walk to class. Some people gave me dirty looks but he told me not to worry about them. Their just confused. They probably think we’re dating. When we got to first hour Rosalita was already sitting in her usual seat.I sat in my usual  spot which is next to her. He sat on the other side of me and told his boys to move up.
Most of you might be thinking what does Joseph look like.Let me tell you he’s a total hottie. He has waves in his hair. He’s got brown colored eyes. He always wears the newest Jordans.He wears a Gucci belt.He mainly wears jeans.Sometimes their ripped jeans. He wears Nike shirts. He always wears his black Nike coat.His skin is caramel colored.
“Yo, Samantha you good?” Niko looks over at me. He’s the wide receiver on the football team.
“Yah Niko I'm fine.”
“Okay that’s good.”
“Yeah.”
Class continued as normal. Our teacher as always was five minutes late.He came in and told us to read as always. We all get an A+ for showing up. Even tho he tells us to read we just sit and talk. Finally the bell rings.
“So do you and Joseph date?” Chelsea, one of the Perfects came over to me. But before I could answer Joseph walked over.
“Hey beautiful.” Joseph grabbed my hand.
“Hey Joseph.” I interlaced my fingers with his.
“So do you guys date?” Chelsea interrupts us.
“No,I mean I guess you could say we talk. Right?” Joseph looks at me with a smile. He has perfect white teeth.
“Yeah.”
“Awwwww I'm happy for you Samantha”

Sorry I haven’t wrote in awhile a lots been going on. Me and Joseph date now. But we have one big problem. I got pregnant. Joseph’s the father. God my life has completely gone down hill since Shawn died. Maybe it was a mistake to move on so fast. I still haven’t told my mom I'm pregnant. She’s gonna kill me.
It's time for school. I finish my Makeup and head out the door.By the time I get to school Joseph is already parked in his usual spot. I park next to him in my usual spot.I get out of the car.
“Hey, how’s my girl doing?” Joseph always asks me this.
“Fine Joseph.” I Breathed heavy.
“What’s wrong?”
“Nothing.”
We headed to our first hour.We sit in class and like always have to wait ten minutes for the teacher.
“Hey Samantha!”Rosalita waved to me.
“He-”
“Okay class it's time to read.” Our teacher walked in.
“Soo Rosalita since it's Friday do you want to hang out tonight?”
“You could stay the night.”
“That sounds good, I'll have to go home and pack first”
“Okay.”
Class carried on like usual.All day I couldn’t help but think about how I was gonna tell my mom. But I knew if I told her tonight I wouldn’t be able to go to Rosalita’s. But I have to think about the baby now. So It's set i'm going to tell her tonight.Finally the day was over. It was time to tell my mom. I drove home.
“Mommmm!!!”
“Yes?”
“Can you come in here we need to talk.”
“Yeah i'm coming.”
“Ok”
“What’s up?”
“Mom I messed up.” I started crying.”
“What do you mean?”
“Well I got pregnant.” I started sobbing.
“Are you sure? Have you been to the doctor to be tested?”
“No, I bought a test from the store.”
“Those things can sometime to be wrong.”
“Really?”
“Yeah, I'll call your doctor and set up an appointment. It's only four so they might be able to get you in today.”
“Okay.”
My mom called the doctor. They said they could get me in. I knew I had to text Rosalita and let her know whats going on.

4:05pm                        5/9/16

To:Rosaita

Me: I don't know if i'm going to make it.

Rosalita: Why?

Me: I finally told my mom I’m pregnant and were going to the doctor to make sure       that i'm right.Because I used a cheap test from the store.

Rosalita: How did she take it? Why would you use a cheap test?

Me: She was mad. Because I only had $4.

Rosalita: You could have asked me for money.

Me: I was scared I just left and bought one.

Rosalita: Well you know I’m here for you if you need anything.

Me: Yeah.

Rosalita: okay I'll ttyl.

Me: Okay.

 

It was time for my appointment. I went in the doctor’s office. I checked in. Now i had to wait for them to call my name. Those 5 minutes felt like an hour.
“Samantha Valentina” The short skinny nurse called my name.
“Do you want me to come with you?” My mom looked at me nervously.
“No, I’ve got this” I walked towards the door.”
“Okay this is a quick and easy test. All we need is a little bit of blood.” She walked into a room.
“Okay” I stuck my arm out.
“Once we put this in the machine, it should only take five minutes.”
“Okay. Sounds good.”
She took my blood and walked out of the room. She came back with an envelope. I wanted to open it with my mom.
“Thank you. I want to open it with my mom.”
“Okay I’ll take you out to the waiting room” She got up.
I followed her back to the waiting room.My mom was waiting for me she smiled when she saw me. We decided to wait til we got to the car to open it. When we got to the car I opened it as fast as possible. I slowly unfolded the paper. It said negative.
“That’s good. Your to young to be a mom” She pulled out of the spot and drove to the street.
I stayed the whole weekend at Rosalita’s. I just stayed til monday. On monday when we woke up we were both super tired. But we had to go to school. So I got up at got ready. When I got to school I parked in my usual spot. Joseph was waiting for me. I got out of the car and ran and jumped into his arms.
“I missed you too. Why are you so happy this morning?” He laughed.
“I'm not pregnant!”
“That’s amazing!”
I got down and we headed to class smiling and holding hands. When we got almost to the stairs someone came flying into the parking lot.
“Boom” I heard him scream and then everything went black.
Hi this is Joseph. I'm going to tell you what happened to Samantha. She was alive til she got to the hospital. She died in the hospital. This is the END.
 



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.