(not decided yet) | Teen Ink

(not decided yet)

By princess-olivia, Warwick, Other
princess-olivia, Warwick, Other

Chapter 1
Sam
We entered the building and immediately all I could smell was drugs. Drugs. Blood. And fear.

Malcolm
I hit her again. And again. She didn't make noise anymore, she had stopped about 2 months ago. I didn't mind it just meant it was less fun.

Girl
I could feel the blood running down my face. It was warm. And sticky. It was just about the only thing I could feel. But in some weird way it comforted me. It meant that I wasn't dead. Even if She was. It meant that He could still find me. Though He didnt want me. He wanted Her. She had loved him. She just couldn't remember his name. She remembered everything about Him. The summer before where everyday they had spent it together. Hand in hand. At that point, when She first kissed him. When She had first kissed anyone, She knew it would last. She remembered every second of that summer. Except His name.

Malcolm
I heard a bang. I didnt know what it was. Maybe a firework? But then I heard shouting. Shouting my name. I looked to the blood on my hands. I looked to the girl, she seemed like she was dying. I wondered if she knew she was dying. I wondered what it was like to die as I heard the door open and police run in.

Sam
I shouted. I shouted her name as loud as I could. I shouted it louder as he pushed the knife into her chest. I couldnt help myself. I felt hands wrap themselves around me and voices telling me to be quiet. But the hands weren't Hers. The voices weren't Grace's.

Girl
One single tear dropped down my face. I watched it. I wondered whether it was lonely as it fell to ground and made an echoing splash. Then Darkness covered my eyes and She screamed.

Malcolm
For the first time in a long time she screamed. I dont know why. I turned my head the police. I said hello. I turned back to the girl and kicked her. I laughed as I watched the blood dribble out of her. It almost looks like Tomatoe Sauce.

Sam
She fell down. Her eyes were closed. The police ran over and arrested Malcolm for what he had done. But it wasn't enough. I lashed out at him and he started to laugh. I ran over to Grace with the paramedics. They couldn't feel a pulse.

Possible Chapter 2 One
Girl
I felt a jolt go through me and I opened my eyes. There he was.

Sam.

Sam
I gasped as she opened up her beautiful eyes. She said my name and I swear my heart skipped a beat.

Possible Chapter 2 Two
Sam
They told me to go for a walk. "You need fresh air Sam," they said. So I went to the park. Reluctantly. It had been a month. I looked as a plane flew through a cloud. Breaking it into a million pieces. I couldn't think straight. I got nearly run over by a bike more than once. I started to turn round. I should probably be getting back. I missed Her.

Girl
I tried to wake up. I just relived it all of it but it was darkness engulfed me surrounding me from every direction. I tried to scream but no sound came out of my mouth. I tried to move but I couldn't. It felt like I had my arms and legs super glued to my body. I was stuck doing the only thing I knew what to do. I was dying. I was dying the a slow and painful death. And each second was more agonizing than the last.

Sam
I couldn't think of what He had done to her. As soon as I saw him I would kill him. I would do to him everything that he deserved.

Malcolm
I counted the walls, again, interestingly there were seven walls now, though I could have sworn that there were six before.

Sam
I sat there. The beep of the heart monitor was the only way I still knew she was alive. I stroked her hair. Hold in there Grace I thought then everything might be ok. The doctors were constantly checking her they did tests for everything possible.
It had been a month and two weeks.

Grace
Cold hands play with my eyelids.
I don't know if I'm dead or alive.
Sometimes I hear voices but whether they're familiar or not I'm unsure. I see childhood memories. A boy. His hand is in mine. I think I love him. He whispers in my ear. I love you. A language unknown to me plays around inside my head. My memories are the only things I can see but otherwise it's darkness. It's the darkness. My deepest fear that sets my heart pounding. Is this death?

Chapter 3

Sam
"She seems to be in better shape today." one of the doctors says to be. I sigh, relieved. It's a good sign. I watch her lying in the hospital bed with wires sticking into her from all directions, her breathing mask covering her mouth and nose has been removed for today- a sign of hope? Her blonde hair falls gently around the pillow. The gloss has returned to it but her face is still as white as one of the many Kleenex tissues that the visitors that I have watched come and go halt the floods of their tears with. I hear mumbling I look up. Dr Nield has been talking to me.
"Sam? Sam Everyone is so worried about you. It's been so long since you've gone home. Do you realize that sitting here all day long is not going to help her?"
I'm not listening. I'm watching Grace.
Her eyelids flicker like butterflies in the summer.
I collapse.

Grace
My heads pounding. I open my eyes and it feels like I have a grand piano balanced on top of my head. Where am I? I look around for Him. I feel peoples stares cutting into my skin and I spin to face them. I see Him. The boy of my dreams. The one who said he loves me. Sam.

Sam
"F***." she whispers the swear word but it sounds like the most beautiful word ever. I couldn't take it anymore. I let it out. The screams of my anger and exhaustion. Of my relief at her finally waking up. I was furious I just let it out and broke down into tears. She started to cry to. People grabbed me and carried me bawling like a baby into an empty room.

Grace
I screamed. He was being taken away from me and I needed him more than any doctors. They tried to calm me down they spoke the language I didn't recognize and I spoke it to. I was an onlooker in my own body. My nose started to bleed, and I felt it run onto my lips, painting them scarlet. I couldn't stop. Everything. It was breaking my head. I couldn't be where I was anymore and I just couldn't stop. I tried to scramble out the bed, I tried to unplug my self from the machines. The monsters tried to hold her down but she refused then as suddenly as it had started. She fell. She fell off the bed and into silence. After 4 months 4 weeks and 3 days. She had cracked.

Malcolm
They used to just hit me to try and make me say something. That didn't work. Now they talked to me. Talking is a funny thing. You just learn it so easily.
"Why did you do it?" the physiologist asked for the 23rd time. I laughed. That was my age. She didn't understand the joke. I couldn't blame her. It wasn't her fault she had an inferior mind.
I went over to her. Politely smiled. Then I tried to strangle her.

Sam
"Sam." my sister whispered my name. I fell to the cold stone floor beneath me and tried to calm myself down. Katie sighed. "it's good that you got everything out Sam. But seeing you like that wasn't good for her. She tried to kill herself. The doctors had to hold her down." I shook my head. Grace wouldn't ever try to kill herself. She wasn't that kind of person. She loved being alive she thought suicide was wrong. Katie was wrong she would never do that. I told her she was wrong. She didn't say anything then a nurse came in. "She says that she needs you." Needs me. Needs me. I walked to her door and opened it.

Malcolm
They came in through the door as the siren started to cry. I don't know why but I had a bet with myself that they would come though the window. They grabbed me and shoved me to the ground. I can't remember much more. I was chucked into my cell. I started crying, I missed her. I missed Grace.

Grace
I still had a load of machines hooked up to me but I had no idea what they did. I guess if I pulled one out then I would die. I guess that's why when I did it last time they weren't too happy. I felt like going into a hole and dying. There was no one here for me anymore. Sam hadn't left my side for the past two weeks. I just laid there. Quiet. He tried to speak to me but there wasn't much I could say. It didn't matter anyway as I wasn't awake for long, and then a nurse would come and give me morphine and stuff so I could go to sleep.

Sam
I sat there. Crying. I didn't let her see me cry. I didn't want her to know. I wanted her to be better, not to die, and to love me back.

Grace
I woke up. Screaming. Sweat covered my face. My hand shot up to my mouth, to cover any other sounds I may make. "Hush Grace it's ok I have you hush" he whispered trying to calm me down. We grasped onto each other, tears cantering down my face. His face was buried in my hair and as he comforted me I felt the warmth of his breath travel down my neck. I liked it. He gently rocked me and my breathing steadied. Then I turned to face him and kissed him.

Sam
The heart monitor started beeping rapidly. I realised that she was having a bad dream. A nightmare. A memory. She gave a shout a woke up. She clasped her hand over her mouth and turned to look at me. "Hush Grace it's ok I have you hush" I whispered attempting to calm her and myself down. She burst into tears and I pulled her into me. I'd missed this kind of embrace so much. I about to pull away as I didn't know if this was what she wanted when she turned towards me and let her lips touch mine.

Grace
I don't know if it was a thank you or why I did it. Of course I still loved him. I knew that he was always there for me. But until he held me I had always felt so alone.

Sam
We stared at each other for what seemed like forever. God her face, even after all that she had gone through, was still the beautiful I had ever seen. But I couldn't kiss her back. It felt wrong. Like I was violating her, even though we were inseparable before It happened.

Grace
"S***" we said almost simultaneously. The door opened and they walked in. My friends. They looked at me. I knew I couldn't cry in front of them. I tried to give them a smile but I had never been good at that and they obviously saw right through me. "Grace, we really think we need to talk about everything, we need to know what happened". I felt uneasy, I didn't want to tell them so I replied "ask me anything". I didn't have to tell the truth the whole time.