Romeo and Juliet--A Parody | Teen Ink

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

By CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

Summary:

Juliet Capulet is just your average teenage girl until a chance meeting at a community dance changes her life forever. She meets Romeo Montague, who immediately starts stalking her, claiming they are meant to be together. For Juliet, this is just too much; she calls the police. How did such a story inspire the great William Shakespeare? It's not how you think!

CarrieAnn13

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks for the comment, writer_girl15!  I appreciate your feedback. :)

on Jun. 25 2011 at 10:52 am

soo much fun! i love it!! i love how you have shakespeare come to this time period to get the idea for Romeo and Juliet. Very good.

one minor comment. in the epilogue, it say juliet gradutated from university. maybe should be 'a' university, or give it a name. but that's the only thing i found! great job!

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks for the comment, Nadia6991!  Sorry I didn't make it clear Shakespeare was following Romeo and Juliet, but this was my first submission.  I originally had it in italics, but that got lost in the copying and pasting process.  In the play, 'Paris' is the name of Juliet's other suitor. 

And yeah, my dad is like that with boys too, so I added that part in!  That's probably what would happen if I had a boyfriend and brought him to meet my family! :)

Nadia6991 said...
Nadia6991, Linden, Alabama

"I love you[,] Juliet."

"I love you too, Paris."

I feel that the beginning of the story was very "olden days" (like romeo and Juliet time) but on in the story, it's gets modernized. Is that suppose to happen, because i got very confused as to what age i was in....

AHAHA (: It's funny when the dad starts loading his gun, my dad is so like that with boys (:

what kind of boy's name is Paris? I like it! It's unique :D

WOW,Romeo's a stalker now?! ahah, I love this Parody!

So far, I'm really liking this! Most parodies are really lame and try so hard to make fun of the movie/book/etc... that they leave out the writing skills and word flow, but this is reall good! Thanks for the great read!

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks for commenting, TwasBrilling!  I'm glad you enjoyed my parody. :)

TwasBrilling BRONZE, Staunton, Va, Virginia

"The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of the dusk" -H.W. Hegel

"Words are our most inexhaustable source of magic' -Albus Dumbledore

This is a really cool story! I love the idea of Shakesphere watching them, and getting the idea for the story!! Great writing!

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks, kkkkanabelkkkk!  When we read it in English, everyone was saying Romeo was a stalker, so that was a huge inspiration for me.  I'm glad you enjoyed my parody! :)

BellaPrincipessa SILVER, Green Bay, Wisconsin

Love isn't always fireworks. Sometimes love just comes softly.
-Love comes softly by Jannette Oke

haha Carrie this is awesome :) it exactly what i was thinking when i read the story. my friend and i would make fun of romeo for being a stalker. haha i love your voice too, and how youthrow will in there. great job :)

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

That's okay.  But Medina, I'm Canadian (eh?).  Up here we spell 'favorite' 'favourite.'  It's you Americans that keep spelling it wrong! ;)

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks for the comment, ritabelle511!  I'm glad you enjoyed my parody.  :)

on Jun. 22 2011 at 11:15 am
Internal-Love PLATINUM, Queens, New York

Nothing's black or white, its all just a shade of gray---

TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

i only found 2. Favourite (i wasnt sure if you meant to spell it that way) and i THOUGHT you spelled nobly wrong but I was wrong. I'm sorry :S

austenite GOLD said...
on Jun. 22 2011 at 9:55 am
austenite GOLD, River Falls, Wisconsin

...one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love....I love...I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on. -Mr. Darcy

I love your parody :) I found myself smiling at all of the subtle references to the play that you threw in - Cat = Tybalt, the balcony scene, etc. It was pleasantly humorous and cleverly written! :)

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks, CarsonFaircloth!  I'm glad you like my parody. :)  Again, thanks for the feedback!

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks for feedback, Medina D.  Where did I make spelling mistakes, though?

CarsonFaircloth, Nowhere, New Hampshire

Hello! I just wanted to return the read you made on Black Dawn.

This was an amusing read, and one that kept me quite entertained. You didn't have many spelling or grammar mistakes---almost none---and the slight humor in this that I caught kept the story fresh and renewed.

All in all? Great work!

~Carson

on Jun. 21 2011 at 10:38 am

TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

Hi Carrie :) i loved the humor in this story, though i noticed how each chapter got shorter and shorter. I wished the story was longer. I noticed 1 or 2 spelling mistakes also. But overall, i DID like this parody :)

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks for the comment, Sweet_Deceit.  I know, my parody is a little random, but that's just my kind of quirky humour.  Thank you for the criticism too; I'll definitely keep it in mind next time I write.

Origami_Ferret SILVER, Virginia Beach, Virginia

"Let's go."
"We can't."
"Why not?"
"We're waiting for Godot."
--------------------------------
"Get thee to a nunnery!"

Ahahahaha, this is just classic, and in the most original way, haha! Very amusing. I agree with introducingshelby that the dialogue is wonderful, and the whole concept is so new!

The only criticism I have is that it seems to get off to a shaky start, and some of the action seems plain and forced. 'Course, I can see how an avid reader of Romeo and Juiet would see it differently, but to someone who's pretty much just aquainted with the basis of the story, I just found the story a little... random, I believe, would be the right word.

Don't get me wrong, though-- this is a great piece, and funny to boot!

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks for the comment, Tink1350!  And sure, I'll read, rate and comment on your book.

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

"Worries are like weights and weights keep you down, so let go of your worries and fly,"

Great job. this is HILARIOUSLY WRITTEN and i love the polt. Shakesphere following them and writing the story is really interesting. And I was wondering ifnyou could read and rate and comment on my book please!