life...or...death | Teen Ink

life...or...death

By princess101 SILVER, boise, Idaho
princess101 SILVER, Boise, Idaho

a dog will leave a paw print in ur pocket.

Trapped in a dark room not knowing where I was or how long that I was there. All I was able to hear was a TV, and the voices of my wife Veronica, and my beautiful daughter Leila. Scanning the dark, dry room; seeing and smelling nothing, but rotten dead corpses of the last to play this game. Looking like they were about in their mid thirties.

“DADDY, BILLY, BILLY, HELP!!!” they both yelled at me.

“I’m coming!!! Don’t worry!”

While looking down at my foot, stunned by what I had just saw. I heard a voice; of an old scrawny man.

“We will play a game. You have 60 minutes to save your lovely wife and daughter. You must take one path; one leads your gorgeous family, and the other leads you to freedom. If you pick freedom—your family will die of a brutal, painful death. On the other hand—if you pick your family—you can save them with possible freedom for all of you. You have 11 minutes to get free you.” Looking around to see what will free my ankle, a rusty saw caught my eye. Dragging myself across the cement floor; my life flashing before my eyes. Grasping the saw with my moistened palms. The rough teeth rubbing against my frozen flesh.

While screaming to the top of my lungs, I took a glance at the clock from the corner of my eye. Seven minutes have gone by, filing through my flesh and bone I finally got through.
Dragging my body—grasping the white door knob—I fell. While I looked up I read two terrifying words press me. I slowly reached for the little black button. Pressing it I hear a voice.

“You must pull the rope; which will pull up a key on a hook up through her throat. But if anything reaches over a whisper; the nails that are by her neck will get closer and closer—piercing her neck and head.
The key unlocks the paddle lock to stop her contraption. You have 10 minutes. GO!!”

Stunned, I hoist up my body. Grasping the rope in Joyce’s throat. I yanked on the rope very hard.

“AWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!”

“Shhhhhh, quiet.” I whisper in horror.

Yanking on it again; Joyce yelling. The huge nails getting closer and closer. The rope, hook, and key all flying out at once. Joyce is yelling—I am panicking. Fumbling trying to put the key into the lock to; Joyce is screaming louder and louder. The nails closer and closer. The nails finally piercing her neck and face.

“Oh, my god!!” I scream flipping out.

The next door I think to myself. Grasping the floor, and dragging myself to the next room. Flashing the lights on.

Grasping the counter, I had looked around to see nobody. Wait my lawyer. Taking a quick glance around this rotten-- forbidden room for anything to tell me what to do. I saw a that has a paper saying—PULL ME. So doing what I was told I pull the rope.

“Hello Billy. You are now on level 3. to save your lawyer you must lift the bars to the highest point for thirty-five seconds. If you drop the bars these needles will stretch farther and farther until the reach his eyes and mouth; piercing and injecting poison into his eyes and mouth. You have 5 minutes. GO!!”

Staring into Dan’s eyes, then sitting on a tray. I grasped the iron\steel bars with my bloody palms. Pulling the needles up; injecting into my ribs\sides.

Dropping the bars; glancing over at Dan. the large needles about a foot from his face. Gliding through the air, getting closer and closer. Lifting the bars higher and higher. The needles stopped, about an inch from his face. 15 seconds had passed. Letting go again; dropping to my knees—blood flinging all over the walls.

“NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!”

Ashamed of myself I looked down at the cement floor. Jerking my head up to look at the clock Saying 15 minutes, I remembered about Veronica, and Leila. Looking up I read CHERISH YOUR LOVED ONES. In BIG, BOLD letters.

Limping to the door—slamming through, I see another TV, but with my family on it. Looking over scanning the room; I found an operation table with medical instruments on a tray. Pressing PLAY on the mp3 player. I hear a voice.

“ Congratulations Billy. You have almost completed your mission. You have 30 seconds you must pull two of your teeth with the pliers on the tray. I have marked them on a poster. Then you must place them in the container to unlock the door that leads you to your family. GO!!!”
Debating whether to do it or not. Finally deciding yes I would do it. For the sake of my family. grasping the rusting, metal pliers. Pointing them into my mouth and placing it on my tooth; trying to build up the courage to yank it out. Looking back at the TV; just thinking how much pain they were in. finally yanking it out.

Slamming my tooth in the container—with blood pouring out of my mouth. Yanking out the other. Falling against the wall. Stumbling to get to te door. Placing the teeth in the container—tasting nothing but blood. I pushed open the door.

Seeing Veronica and Leila chained to the table.

“DADDY HELP US!!!”

Stepping inside another TV turned on.

“CONGRATULATIONS BILLY!!! You have made it to your gorgeous family. Now to save them you must take the hooks that connects to the rope and stick them through your pecks. You must pull yourself up, and connect the extension cords together. GO!!!”

Looking up at my wife and daughter. The sacredness in their eyes. They look like they are going to cry their eyes out. Looking back at the huge hooks. Grabbing the hooks; taking them and piercing them through my pecks like a safety pin going through a piece of clothing.

“AWWWWWWW!!!!!”
My eyes watering like a hose spurting water. Lifting my body up; grasping the rope, again and again reaching for the cords. Having in my hand, them losing it; time and time again.

Falling to the cold ground yelling, thinking what will happen to Veronica and Leila. Standing up looking at their puffy eyes.

“Huh, come on daddy! YOU CAN DO IT!!!”
The clock having 3 more seconds left . NOOOOOOO!!!!, I thought to myself. A big cage like box came up around them—a fire starting under them.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“DADDYYYYYY, BILLYYYYYYYYYY!!”, I heard fading into the ends of their lives.

Thinking how could I let this happen. I look up to a burning furnace. My wife and daughter burning to death. HOW COULD LET THIS HAPPEN? Was the question haunting my mind. Lying there, thinking how bad of a father and husband I was.

Staring into the blackness of my life. Blinking nonstop. Turning my head to find my alarm clock saying 6:32 AM. Struggling to get out of bed. After a couple minutes I am finally out of my room to go into the bathroom. Staring blankly into the mirror.

Suddenly I hear a BANG; I sprint down stairs. To find nothing—all the knives on the floor. After picking them up off of the ground I walked upstairs. Walking to the bathroom again I find myself staring into the mirror blankly again.

Feeling icy hands on my face; turning to escape I get free and turn around to see nothing. Was this a figment of my imagination? Now my heart beating faster and faster. Breathing harder and harder. Grasping my car keys, and cell phone. Running to my car I start it then drive down Main street. I struggle to flip open my phone finally dialing 9-1-1-- shaking profusely.