Are You Scared? | Teen Ink

Are You Scared?

December 4, 2020
By Michey BRONZE, Delhi, California
More by this author
Michey BRONZE, Delhi, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I like coming up with multiple story ideas, thats why I like writing short stories. I'm affraid of literaly everything! This is my attempt at horror/thriller. I hope at least one of them gives you the creeps!

The author's comments:

This one is verry short, not verry sweet though.

!!I DON'T LIKE SPIDERS!!

I'm adding warnings about each storry at the beggining! They will appear at the top of each story.

 

!!Spiders!!

 

They skitter and crawl, on the floor and up the walls. They hide, spin their webs, and catch their prey in corners, doorways, and anywhere they can get into. They run and hide from me. They aren't a threat to me. Yet I run and hide myself at times. Sometimes they hide in the worst possible places, in my wardrobe, under my bed, and one time even in my coffee mugs. Sometimes though, they get close, too close to run, and too close to hide. Sometimes I can feel them crawling! All of them. On me. In me.

The author's comments:

I got kinda creeped out writing this one. Did it creep you out?

!?Is there such a thing as a fear of meat?Gets kind of dark!!

 

I smell it. It’s coming from everywhere. From the walls, the floor, in the roof. I can’t stand it anymore. It's haunted me since I moved here slowly getting more powerful and pungent. So I start to chop and chop at the structure, at first hitting splintering cracking wood then the soft mass of leaking, rotting meat. There is meat under the floor, insulating the walls. There is meat everywhere. So I douse the first floor in gasoline from the garage and step out of the house. I light a match, step back, and banish it back to hell, and I watch it burn. The fire spreads nicely but not quick enough. The neighbors call 911, and the sirens breaking the beautiful silence and overpower the freeing crackle of the fire. I don’t take my eyes off of it, even as they pull me into a car and drive me away. It's mesmerizing. I don’t care where they take me or what charges I might face, I'm free. There is no more meat.

The author's comments:

This one was more weird than creepy in my opinion. Being burried alive is one of my worst fears.

!!Being buried alive!!

 

I can't stop! I try to, I try to scream but I can't. I can only gasp for air as I dig and dig and dig. All I can see are my hands in front of me, a blur of pale, dirt-covered skin, coated in crimson through my blurry teary eyes. Is this my punishment? Is this what I get for breaking in? I just came to visit my grandmother's grave and now I find myself digging my own! How did it come to this, it all just started happening? Three feet, five feet, six feet now of freshly dug up soil surround the hole. A hole the perfect size for me and a perfectly smooth floor to collapse onto. I've been digging for whats felt like hours. My heart pounds in my ears and my head spins with exhaustion. I dug my grave, and now I lay in it, exhausted staring up at the starry sky of this cold night. Then I see their stark silhouettes approach. It's the gardeners. They stand over and gaze down upon my grave, shovels in hand. Then they begin to put the dirt back in unison. Onto me, covering me, suffocating me, and I don’t scream, I can’t. I just weep as I'm buried beneath the ground, and my grave is neatly filled.

The author's comments:

All along they were the prey.

This one got dark

!!This one gets DARK!!

 

Fun, fun, fun! That's all there is here at the greatest summer camp around. An eternal summer of adolescent recklessness, and childish delight! It's strange that they call it a "summer camp" when its all year around, but that just makes it better! It was in the end exactly how I expected it, a summer camp run by teens and full of fun activities and events. They even have a hunting season! It's the main event of the year and is started with the sound of a loud horn! You would wish to stay here forever, and that's not impossible. Any event can last forever if you never stop, and you never leave. And why would you want to leave anyway? Its perfect here, little to no rules, no adults, just endless activities and fun. Just all of us and the woods. If you do wish to leave, where will you go? Your parents are dead, and for all you know your friends, neighbors, and classmates probably think you’re dead as well. It isn’t a bad thing though, I have a new family a better one. Out of all the activities though, I never partook in the hunting, everyone else seemed to enjoy it but I just wasn’t too fond of the sport. I did enjoy though, the elections of the new camp and group leaders that would happen later that same day. It’s our tradition, once the leaders and every other teen reach the age of eighteen they leave. No adults. And every year we get a few new kids. It's always a welcoming sight to see the big blue and green bus drop them off then leave only to return in a year, every year. The day came too soon, the day when the last of the oldest turned eighteen. Then reality started to set in. Where will I go, what will I do next? I followed the leaders as they lead all of us into a room where we had our hands tied behind our backs, and were escorted into the woods. I don't understand! What's going on? As I looked around at the others, some were trying to get their hands free. Some were crying and a few seemed just as confused and alarmed as I was. They tried to hide it but I knew the leaders were scared as well. Then they instructed us to run. As the sound of the loud horn broke the morning silence, it dawned on me why the new adults would all leave. Yelling and gunfire broke through the forest as we all desperately stumbled through the forest as quickly as we could, but they were faster! It was hunting day, and we were the prey.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.