Wild Summer Sickness | Teen Ink

Wild Summer Sickness

By BritttneyBear, Clarion, Iowa
BritttneyBear, Clarion, Iowa

I CLOSED MY EYES AND POKE TO YOU IN A THOUSAND SILENT WAYS

Author's note:

I wanted to write about health issues not a lot of people know about. The struggle people have with them and how they get through the day with their support systems they have. 

BrookLynn Murphy just wanted to be a normal highschool girl. She wants to travel and have fun with friends without having worry. Except she can’t exactly do that though. You see BrookLynn has a rare chronic illness called Cystic Fibrosis, that’s basically where you get a lot of yucky stuff in your body. This summer Brook just wants pretend to be normal even if it is just for a few weeks. Being the best friend she is Riley comes up with a road trip idea for all summer. To help Brook out for a little while.
****************
This summer has been one the most exciting ones I have had in a long time! Everything happened so fast, from just starting the school year, and then to the next, we are leaving it all behind for a few months of summer vacation. This summer was a wild one for sure! With everything that happened that’s the one way, I can put how it was. It was a whirlwind of emotions, reckless behavior, adventure, and so much more. If you want to tune in on the craziness this summer was then continue on reading!

Hey everyone, my name is BrookLynn Murphy. I’m just your average high school girl, except with a slight twist. You see I suffer from this chronic illness called Cystic Fibrosis. Basically, it when you get mucusy stuff in your lungs and have troubles digesting food or whatever. Unlike cancer and some the other chronic illnesses, CF(Cystic Fibrosis) can’t be cured. What it has in common with the other chronic illnesses is that it can be life threatening.
I’ve been through it all, well almost all. Through all the doctor appointments, the breathing treatments, the medication and etc. Sometimes it gets old and don’t want to do it anymore. Sometimes I wish I could just be “normal.” Although everyone tells me this makes me unique, I wish I didn’t have to deal with this stuff and could just hangout with my friends without worrying about having take meds after or before I eat.
I get people say normal is “boring, overrated, a setting on the dryer, and etc.” Personality wise yes normal is boring, and it’s not as fun as being out there and being bold, but It’s not the same as it is with health. No one wants to have an illness even when it’s just a simple cold. It sucks taking all of the medication for it. Except the difference between this and that is a common cold can be cured while CF can’t be cured.
**************************************
My best friend Riley Matthews has been here for me since we met in the fifth grade. I was drawing and coloring at a table in free time and she was new and came sat next to me to color and draw as well. I was bored with coloring on paper and decided to draw on her. She looked at me like I was insane, let’s be honest here I kind of was; I decided to make a new friend by coloring on her. Luckily she wasn’t one of those stuck up children and decided to doodle on my hand as well.
I remember doing a “test” thing to like prove if she was worthy to be my friend or not. I told her spell my name if she spelled it right we’d be friends, if she spelled it wrong well we probably still would’ve become friends just my fifth grade mind didn’t think like that. Everyone always spelled my name wrong, so if she could spell it right we’d be friends, and if she didn’t well I probably would’ve gone and colored elsewhere. So she did she spelled out my name B-R-O-O-K-L-Y-N-N and spelled it correctly. I decided she was pretty cool and we became friends after that.
We were such weird children back then. I mean we’re still pretty weird today, but we don’t decide who we’re friends with based on if they can spell our names right or not. It’d be funny if we did, that’d be a way for people learn how to spell your name correctly if they want to be your friend. Although it wouldn’t be fair because what if they just don’t know how to spell in general? Then they wouldn’t get a chance to be our friend because they can’t even spell in the first place!
Anyway moving on from my ridiculous ways of trying to make friends, and surprisingly succeeding at it. Hence my best friend Riley. Riley has been here with me through it all. Through all the weirdness growing up, weird phases, ugly makeup stage when first learning how to do it. Then all way through my rants about how this sucks, to how some the doctors are rude and anger me to no end.
I don’t know what I would do if I don’t have her and all my friends behind me to back me up and give me the strength to get through the rough days. Days when I don’t feel like doing anything at all. Where I wish I could just be a normal seventeen-year old girl. Well as normal as someone who can get through all my awkwardness. Even through all of that, they will always be here for me in the end when I need them the most.
Moving on from all this for now. I feel like I’m asking for y’alls pity. I’m not I don’t want your pity. I don’t expect you to feel bad for me. I’m lucky in a way I could have a rare type of cancer or cancer in general. Gladly I don’t but my point is things could be way worse then what I have.
I want to do something fun soon, maybe over summer vaca. Something wild and free. Something to clear my head for awhile. Where I don’t have to worry about things for a change. I could just relax and have fun.
Something like going to another state, city, or even country! That’d be so fun and exciting! I wish something like that could happen although it probably wouldn’t. We all have our hopes and dreams,right? Well, hopefully, we all do.
Without hopes and dreams, people become grumpy and boring. There’s no inspiration for them. They live a dull unimaginative life. Married to their jobs. Although it’s not always a bad thing but kinda sad when it’s all they do and they don’t have fun every now and then.
They should always have a little bit of creativity in them. An example could be colored hair, piercings(even just ears could count), fun colored clothes, fun hairstyles, or even makeup. Everyone shows creativity in their own way. No matter what it is. Through all of the examples, I’ve said the one that stands out to me is the colorful hair,.
Colored hair is something I'm familiar with because I color my hair every now and then fun colors. Like right now it’s kinda a cotton candy pink, or a pastel pink either ways it’s pink. From friends to music, social media we see colored hair and piercings everywhere. It mostly common in “Alternative” style or “punk rock” style. My point is that it’s everywhere.
I’m typically what some people would call a “tomboy” or “alternative” with my style of hair, makeup, and clothes I wear on an everyday basis. Unlike some, I don’t wear makeup to school every day simply just because I’m too lazy too. Also, I could care less about what others think of me and thought of how I look. Some days I’ll dress it up for myself, just because I want to. Other than that I don’t dress up or wear makeup unless there is an event that requires it.
To do a full introduction of myself I’ll start off with the basics. “Hello, my name is BrookLynn Murphy. I’m 17 years old, pink hair, greenish blue eyes, I stand at about 5’3 in height, with a “toned” lean build. I have a total of 14 piercings with most being my ears. I have my cartilage both sides, four-lobe piercings each side, a spider bite basically two lip piercings on one side, my nose is pierced, and my belly button is pierced also called a navel piercing.
Some say I’m a quiet person, but that’s just mostly around strangers and people I’m not close with. Otherwise, I can be pretty talkative. Most with family, friends, and people I know well. I’m pretty much a quirky person I love my two dogs, Bruno he’s a husky, boxer mix. Then Juno short for Juniper is a pitbull, lab, bullmastiff mix. They help me a lot they’re one of the best things that have ever happened to me. 
They help me through a lot emotionally. Physically they don’t do much except lay on your lap like they can still for on it. As if they were a puppy still. They like to think that they are sometimes, just so they can cuddle with you. Other than that both my dogs always know how to cheer me up when down, cuddle when bored, or just straight up dorks that they are.
I got my dogs when they were just puppies still. I was around fourteen fifteen when I got them. We were just planning to get one but when we were there these two wouldn’t leave each other without fussing about it, we laughed at them and decided to bring home both of them. Not having the heart to take them away from each other or just leave one behind. Now 3 years later they’re almost full grown and are my emotional support dog.
I don’t have them training or anything like that. Although it would be cool if I could. I would bring them everywhere with me except some places obviously. I could bring them to my doctor appointments with me when I have one. They could just sit there in the room with me. I have to get them around more people first and train them for it. Overall it’s cute and really cool idea for them to do that with me.
That kind of reminds me of this Disney movie I’ve seen before. Where the boy trains his dog to be in a dog show so he could get the prize if I remember correctly. I love Disney, forever gonna be a Disney kid. Not a big fan on how they have it today with some of the shows they created. I loved the older ones the ones I grew up watching. Like Hannah Montana, Lizzie McGuire, Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Suite Life on Deck, That’s so Raven, Cory in The House, Emperor's New Groove and so . I could go on about old disney shows forever. I’m passionate about it is what my mom would say when I ramble on about something.
Especially when nervous or upset of any kind I tend to ramble a lot. I could go on talking about something that might not even be relevant to the situation at the moment, but I guess that is the point of rambling on about something. I guess kind of what I’m doing here just rambling your poor ears off about something that you probably don’t even care about. I mean you could care about it and just not show it.
Anywho moving on I was going to head over to Riley’s house this afternoon and see what she wanted to do today. I don’t have another doctors appointment for while so I’m free to do as I please. With some limits though. Other than the few limitations I can do as I please.
Heading over to Riley’s house which wasn’t that far from mine, I was thinking about the road trip idea she came up with. The one where we go to all these fancy, fun, new places we have never been to before. We’d we gone for two or three weeks. Alongs nothing pops up that would change that. We would get our plas made budgets counted, suitcases packed, and everything else we’d need on this road trip.
****************
“Hey Riley, I’m here!” I shouted out for her to know that I have arrived. We just walking into each other's houses like we live there as well. That’s how we do it, we don’t even care, neither do our parents. They just chuckle and welcome us in to see each other. That’s how long and well of friends we are.
“Hey, I know I heard you all way from upstairs!”
“Yeah that was kind of the point so you knew I was here” I chuckled.
“Okay, well have you thought any more on my adventurous road trip we should do this summer?”
“Yes! We should totally do it! It be so fun to get out of town, or state for awhile and just be crazy!”
“It would be so fun! It would be perfect opportunity for you to be “normal as you say for a little while.”
“It really would, Thank you so much for coming up with this idea Riles, it means a lot to me. I can’t wait for it.”
“You’re welcome girly! It’d be fun just the two of us on the open road traveling around to different places.”
“Yes, it would be! I can’t wait either. It’d be so much fun!”
“Okay let’s go and start creating stuff for this trip and packing and all that fun stuff we need to do to get ready for this trip.”

“Lunch boxes?”
“Check!”
“Suitcases?”
“Check!”
“Aux cord?”
“Chec.. Wait...Never mind.. Ok...check!”
“Spare cash?”
“Yep got it!”
“Okay I think that might be everything!”
“Finally! I thought we were gonna have pack have the house before you were ready Rils.”
“Hardy-har-har so funny I forgot to laugh.”
“Just saying! I think we have everything we need packed and ready in the car. Now we just need to put ourselves into the car and you can check us off too.”
“You know that I like to be organized, I just want make sure we have everything we need and this is the easiest way to do do.”
“Not quite the fastest through”
“Oh hush you, get your butt into the car and we’ll be on our way to our first stop.”
“Finally our trip is happening!
I was so excited for this day to come. We have been planning this for awhile, but had to save up some more money to be able to do this trip. Now that we have enough money saved up the trip is finally happening. I couldn’t be more excited for this than I am right now! That might seem over dramatic but I could care less at the moment, because that’s just how excited I am for this road trip with my best friend to begin!
Nothing right now could put a damper on this mood i’m in. Not the weather, or worrying about school, or even worrying about my health for once. This is a once in a lifetime chance for me to feel “normal.”To be able to go out in the real world and not have deal with the what if’s at the moment. All I have think about is what city we wanna go to next.

*****************************************************

We’re headed off to our first stop, a town called New Orleans. We’re stopping here to check out the music and art festivals they have going on. Music and art are one of my greatest passions in life. All the emotions they can make you feel is incredible. Art can be a relaxation method and music can be a stress reliever.
It can go both ways, music and art have a big impact of people. Sometimes you can just imagine what the artist was going through by what they painted, or sculpted. Just like in music we can interpret what they were feeling by how their lyrics are formed. That’s why I love music and art with a passion. They can do so much for being so simple.
New Orleans is such a beautiful little city that’s so alive! Blasting with color, music, and art. The people there are so joy filled during these little festivals they have it’s adorable.That’s why I want to go there for a first stop start it off with color and music everywhere. That’s an excellent way to start off a fun summer road trip.
I’m literally bursting with joy just imagining it. Or “splitting at the seams with happiness” as Riles says. I don’t mind though, because she’s just as excited as I am. Well... Maybe not as excited but close enough to it.
***********************************
Finally arriving to New Orleans or NORA for short;it’s a little nickname for it that I found out recently. We head to the hotel we’ll be staying at for a few days. Tonight they have a festival going on and we’re going to check it out. Hense one of the many reasons why we came to this lovely town. For all the liveliness of it.
“We’re finally here! Are you excited Riles?”
“I am but I’m pretty sure you’re more excited than I am; you’re like bouncing off of the walls!”
“I know, I know, I just can’t help it! It’s so colorful and pretty this time of year when they have a ton of festivals going on!”
“It is very lovely and spectacular especially when we get to see it in person!”
“Exactly so be excited be thrilled, be…”
“Hyper?”
“Ok cut me off I see how it is, but yes we are only here for two nights! We need enjoy it while it’s here!”
“I never said I wasn’t enjoying it, because truly I am, it’s just you’ve had way to much candy and caffeine on the road trip down here, and i’ve only had a bit candy but more some of the sandwiches our mom’s packed for us.”
“Well candy is love, candy is life!”
“ Whatever you say girly”

**************************************
Checking into the hotel was quick process. The hotel itself wasn’t to shabby. Now since it’s finally time go to festival we’re getting ready and then we’ll head out. Just had change into our outfits we picked out and freshen up a bit from the long ride here. Finally all read to go we head out to the festival going on beneath us.

********************************************

The festival was amazing! It was so vibrant, and exciting I loved it. After the festival we headed back to our room in the hotel with our souvenirs to remember this night with. We packed up our stuff so it could be ready to go for when we have to leave this town and go to the next place on our list. After doing all that, we head to bed waiting for the next day to come.
*************************************************
Waking up early is still not my forte, but it had be done so we had enough time for today's activities before we had to leave tonight. Our next place we plan on going to is the Grand Canyons. We’ll head out tonight and get there in a few days. It’ll take a bit longer to et there since have make pit stops along way for gas and snacks.
Can’t make a car go without gas, without the gas we’d be stuck in middle of nowhere. Being in the middle of nowhere is not exactly my forte either. Pretty sure that’s no one's forte. It’d be kinda same as what we’re doing now, but lot less safe. You never know what’s gonna happen in middle of nowhere!
It’d be like a horror movie come to life! They always get killed when in the middle of nowhere. No one around for miles! Ok maybe not that extravagant but you never know what could happen! Ok.. maybe I watch too many horror movies, but at least they get you prepared for a situation. Not the dumb ones where they trip and can't get up so they kill you. Im talking about the ones when their alone and they trying survive ones.
Anyways continuing on to what we were discussing before hand(*chuckles.*) After being up all night packing and picking up after ourselves it was finally time to leave. Next destination *insert drum roll here* The Grand Canyons! I’ve never been there before that’s why it’s one of the places on our list of places to go. Arizona is where a few of my relatives live, so we’ll be staying with them for the few days while we’re there.
The grand canyons are a bunch of mountains and red rocks that have been layered upon layered onto each other. It sounds boring but from pictures that I’ve seen it is very nice there. Arizona itself is warm almost all time. They don’t normally get cold weather like we do down here. From the way my cousins have talked it just has a lot of rain.
************************************
“GRAND CANYONS NEXT EXIT ----->”
**************************************************************
Seeing that sign is how we knew we were close. Grand canyons were an excellent sight from the little bit we saw on the way here. We will be checking them out further tomorrow. Tonight we’re going to go to my cousins house and stay with her for the few day we’re visiting. Arizona is a cool state, the last time I was there was before I could even remember. I was about a year old and we came for a wedding for relatives. That’s what my mom tells me at least because as I have mentioned before last time I was here was before I could remember.

******************************************
The Grand Canyons were amazing! It was fantastic to see them this summer. Except when it started to rain on us and we had awhile before we could get back to the car. Now i'm stuck with a stupid cold. At the moment I hate weather.
My nose is stuffy, I have an annoying cough that more like a bark, and last but not least I have a major headache to go along with it. This darn cold is driving me insane! I came on this trip to get away from all the health stuff not it have it all follow me back here. Now I have gross pills to take for this cold to get rid of it before it affects me majorly. By that I mean as in affecting my lungs and filling them with gross mucusy stuff.
The trip to the Grand Canyons has gone by quickly. Although it ended with me catching a cold; it was still a fantastic time there. Visiting the rocky mountains and seeing family member I haven't seen in forever! This trip was a memorable one. That’s for sure I can’t wait to go to the next place on the list though. The next place we’re heading to is Niagara Falls.
We’re heading out tonight to start our trip to Niagara Falls. I’m excited to go it so pretty there. Plus part we can go swimming this trip! Who doesn't love swimming!? Well except for animals but that’s a whole different story.

*NIAGARA  FALLS 5 MILES*
Finally almost near new destination! Drum roll please*duhn-duhn-duhn-duhn nn* NIAGARA FALLS! Okay okay everyone calm down now the excitement isn’t over all the way don’t worry! As I’ve been yelling this I realize that I’m basically just talking to myself this whole time. Riley laughs at me making a fool of myself. It’s okay though what’re besties for!? If not make fun of you and you make fun of them jokingly then I’m not sure what they’re for then.
Hint the sarcasm. Best friends are obviously there for much bigger reasons but that’s the most fun one. Picking on them and them picking back, and just having fun. Whatever they say to another, both know that it’s all fun and games. That anything said isn’t meant to be taken seriously.
Anyways moving on, we have just reached the Niagara falls hotel we’ll be staying at for the few days we’re here. It’s really cool, we just look out our window, or walk out onto the balcony and we can see for miles. We can’t see Niagara Falls the giant water fountain because that’s a little ways up the road. Although that’d be cool but we have walk up a little ways to see Niagara. We’re going to see her tomorrow morning after we eat breakfast.
************************************
Finally finished eating and all that non-so-important stuff, we can go see Niagara! I’m excited to go see her. I haven’t been to places like this before. The closes I got was when younger going to Yellowstone National Park. Being there and seeing ‘Old Glory.’ It’s not the same thing really but you get my point of what I mean.
Finally getting to Niagara, it didn’t take as long as we thought it would. Plus not a lot of people were here today surprisingly enough. Especially for it being a Saturday! Not complaining though means more time and more room for us to be here and look around and pretend to be the tourist we are. Doesn’t make a lot of sense but we all have had those moments, when you pretend to be a tourist for something.
You pretend you’ve never seen it before, then take a million pictures of you or of the object you are being a tourist for. Then at the end of the day when you have all of your picture, you can go though and keep the best two from each of the photos you have! It a fun thing to do, reminiscing on the day you had and the memories you made.

Finally after spending all of yesterday at Niagara Falls it’s time to head to our next destination! This one requires us going to a whole other place like nothing before! *cue the drumroll please*….Dun Dun Dun Duhhhh!!!... Salem Village a.k.a Massachusetts!
I know it’s a long way away from here but Riley and I agreed last minute that we’d add that to our list of road trip destinations. That's the biggest one before our final two destinations that are closer to home. I am trying make the best out of these places we go but when you’re sick it’s hard to do. I don’t know how much longer I can go without doing anything for this cold that I got a while back. Eventually it’s gonna come back and kick me in the rear but I want to be normal for a little while longer no matter the consequences!
I just want to pretend that I’m a normal teenage girl. One who doesn’t have the constant worry of when the next time she’s sick it won’t be so harmless, or the next doctor's appointment she won’t be coming home with her parents because she stuck in the hospital with a IV line connected to her.  There has been many times that’d I’d stay up just wishing I could be someone other than the “sick girl.” That  I could wake up and find I didn’t have any medicine to do, didn’t have worry about not coming home this next doctor appointment, or not have worry about how much weight im supposed to be v.s. what I actually weigh. 
Anyways I’m not trying to sound pitiful about myself but sometimes we all have our moments. Our moments where keeping up a tough act can well be tough. Where going around pretending to be okay when really we’re slowly breaking apart on the inside is definitely not okay anymore. Sometimes we have just depend on ourselves for a little bit because we don’t want to burden others with our internal troubles. Then again sometime we’re luck to have that one special person in our lives no matter who they are to us; because we know that in the end they will always be there for us no matter the cost.
For me that person is my best friend. The persons whose been there for me since day one, two, and three. Who continues to still be here till this day through everything we go through. We go through it all together. Kind of like the High School Musical song ‘We’re all in this together’ yeah you know the one i’m talking about. 
***************************************************************

Sometimes we don’t mean for our words to come out kind of like vomit. It just happens sometimes and can’t control it or do anything about it. Word Vomit is something totally gross to think about but when thought about in a different context it explains itself just right.
“Hey Are you okay? You’ve been out here for awhile since we’ve been back.”
“Yeah I was just kind of thinking how this road trip has gone by so fast”
“I know it has B, but look at it this way; we’ve done so much more than we ever expected too”
“Yeah I know you’re right, I just.. I’m not ready to go back home and go back to all the same ole routine again. I love the freedom I have right now and I wish it could stay like this.”
“I know you do hun, but we have go back. You have a cold and i’m not so sure we should stay any longer especially when ur getting a cold”
“It’ll be fine! I don’t want to leave early and ruin everyone's trip specifically ours!”
“Fine, but if you feel like it’s getting worse you need to tell me! No and’s, if’s, or but’s about it ok!?”
“Yes mom, got it mom” I tell her with a sarcastic  eye roll. I get she’s just trying look out for me but I know the symptoms and I know if it gets to bad to tell her so we can get it taken care of before it’s to late.

*Rileys P.O.V*
BrookLynn and I have been bestfriends for as long as I can remember. Starting with our weird obsession of only being friends if we can spell each others name properly to who can be the funniest. BrookLynn told me she was sick when we were in our fifth grade year. She told me because she hadn’t been feeling well that week and stayed home; I went to her house (by my mom driving me because obviously I could not drive yet.) Our fifth grade year BrookLynn was in hospital for most of it.
I remember constantly asking my mom when she would be back because well she was my only friend I had at the time. My mom just told me that she was ”sick and had stay there to get better so we can play together again soon.”We went and visited her in the hospital the next week and Brooke and her mom explained to me that she had a chronic illness called Cystic Fibrosis, and that it does yucky things to her internal body. I remember thinking to myself like ok, it’s not that bad she can get better and play with me again soon. I wasn’t wrong a few weeks later she was dismissed from the children's unit at the local hospital and was good to come back home and to school.
I’ve noticed things lately that I know Brooke doesn’t want others to notice. One being how she seems to be unable to catch her breath after a certain amount of walking or running then what she used to be able too. She has stop and take a minute to recollect herself. It worries me a lot when I’m starting to notice these things now. I love her like a sister and I don’t ever want to lose my best friend. Because if I did I don’t know how I could handle it. I don’t want to find out how it feels either.

*Rileys P.O.V.*
The drive from Niagara Falls to Salem, Massachusetts was a 44 hour drive. We’re driving there with little stops in between. We stop at rest stops for bathroom breaks, snacks, and drinks. Every now and then we’ll stop to switch off drivers before we get to a in between town that has a hotel we can stay at for a few hours so we both can rest up and be awake for driving the rest of the way to Salem.
Salem is gonna be our last pit stop before going home. Brooke doesn’t want it to be but it’s best for her and we both kind of miss our parents. I can tell when she has her phone call with them that she loves these adventures we’re doing but it’s time to get back home. Especially with her getting sick recently. It’s a lot to worry about because If it gets to bad it gets harder for her to defeat.
That’s what’s going to happen if we don’t go home after this last trip to Salem. I don’t want to  lose my best friend because she was being stubborn. Brooke can be a very stubborn person believe it or not. I remember one time she wanted this treat from our favorite ice cream parlor and her dad told her she’d get it if she made him a deal she’d get it.  I don’t remember what the deal was all about now but it sure made her stubborn mule  personality come out.
**********************************
→ Salem Village next Exit →
Finally arriving to Salem, we stop by our hotel to drop off our stuff before going exploring. We won’t be here that long maybe just 3 days. I told Brooke about the plan to go home after we’re done here, she surprisingly was ok with it. Which is a good thing, didn’t have to make her see what a good idea it’d be. Hopefully she knows that it’s for the both of us and she’s not being a burden with her health.
This morning we’re going to check out around town and even have a tour guide who is going to show us the most popular places in town. We’re supposed to meet up with her at eleven o'clock a.m. We’ll eat breakfast and then head out to the shops in front of the town to meet up with her. She seemed really nice and informative when we talked on the phone. Heading out now for breakfast we’ll have a hour and half to eat.
***********************************
Breakfast was delicious at this shop in town called Crouse Cafe. It was cute, cozy, and really held the witchy theme this town has going on. They really hang on to the Salem Witch Trials here. They were Centuries ago but they act like it was just few years back. It’s all really cool though. The history of this town is so interesting. I couldn’t imagine what it would’ve been like to live here all those years ago.

*BrookLynn’s P.O.V*
Salem was the last journey we were going to before heading back home. I was ready to go home in a way. I missed my parents, and my health isn’t the greatest at the moment. I really want enjoy Salem but i’m feeling really under the weather lately. I don’t want to tell Riles because I don’t want to worry her too much.
I know she won’t enjoy the tour to much if she is busy worrying about me. I was tempted to just stay in bed today but I couldn’t without her getting suspicious. I really just want to get through this few days and then we’ll be on our way back home.
Getting up to go eat at the cute little cafe called Crouse Cafe. We go in and get seated and order our food and drinks. We get a hour and half to eat and then be up town waiting for our tour guide to show us around. This place was a friendly little spot to come eat some breakfast before the big day ahead of us. After finish eating we pay and leave to go meet our guide.
We’ve been touring around town for awhile when all sudden I felt dizzy. My vision went fuzzy and came back. It was really hot here so I shook it off like it was nothing. But except it wasn’t just nothing and I wish I wouldn’t of brushed it off. Reason why is because another dizzy spell hit and the last thing I remember was Riles mouth moving and looking worried and then that’s when it all went black.
************************************************

*Riles P.O.V*
I was just walking when Brooke stopped and looked out of it. Then she just fell and that’s when the chaos started. I remember screaming for help and hoping someone would come help soon. I remember flashing lights as they took my best friend into their care. I remember screaming and hot salty tears running down my cheeks.
My best friend means the world to me. She can make you laugh with the stupidest jokes or random noises she makes. She there for anyone and always puts others before her. My best friend is like the peanut butter to my jelly, star to my burst, and the bread to my sandwich. She like a sister from another Mr. well and Mrs. too but you know what I mean.
I wish she will be ok and we’ll wake up next week and this will all be over with. That we can go back to laughing at memes we see and taking pictures like we’re each others photographers. Although we can’t and I’m not sure i’m okay with that. I know i’ve mentioned a bunch of times already but she was like sister to me and I don’t know what or where I’d be without her.
That’s why we’re here together walking across the board walk in the town we grew up in. You didn’t think she was gone did you? Of course not silly! She perfectly fine right here next to me. We’re here shopping for school that starting next week.
Well.. that’s a story for another time. This is all for now thanks for joining us on our Wild Summer adventure and following along on this crazy adventure. This was Our Wild Summer Sickness and we’ll see you on our next journey.