Deadly Fairy Tales | Teen Ink

Deadly Fairy Tales

By Writing_geek02 BRONZE, Janesville, Wisconsin
Writing_geek02 BRONZE, Janesville, Wisconsin

"Love is free. But all magic comes at a price, dearie!"-Rumpelstiltskin from Once Upon A Time

She is not the princess you think you know. Cinderella, was an assassin for hire.
Once upon a time, Ella was a little girl who was being trained to become the greatest assassin the kingdom would ever know. Her parents wanted her to follow in their footsteps. Her father and mother were so deadly, they could get in and out of the kingdom and no one would see them. They trained Ella everyday. But one day, they were caught. Ella was 12 years old when it happened. Her parents were executed for all their crimes the day after they were caught. Her parents did not say they had a daughter to protect her and so she can avenge them. Roaming the streets, Ella was found my madam lady Tremaine. She owned a house that taught young girls how to fight. Tremaine adopted her and taught her all that she knew.
When Ella was 18 years old, she went out for a bit and came across a tavern. She went in and sat at the table she usually sat at. If anyone for any reason needed an assassin, they would go to that little table in the corner of the room. Ella sat there for a bit, she read a book that her parents read to her often. Then, not one hour later she was approached. “Are you Ella?” said a man. Before Ella looked up she already knew that the man was from high standings in the kingdom. Just by the way he stood and his confidence. “It depends on how many meals I can get.” she said without putting down her book or looking up. She heard a thump on the table in front of her and lowered the book. She looked at the satchel of gold and estimated about 20 meals worth of coins in it. She closed the book and took her feet off the table. “So, what do you want?” she said looking him dead in the eye, watching him, waiting for him to look away, she knew if he looked away he wasn’t sure about what he was getting into, but he just looked at her as well. “Well..” said Ella waiting for him to respond. He sat down and said, “I need someone to kill the prince.” he said leaning forward onto the table. Ella’s heart skipped a beat, ‘finally’ she said to herself ‘I can get back for my parents’. She looked at the man and said “How do I know that you won’t have the guards waiting at the door to kill me?” He handed her an envelope, “This should help you get in with no trouble.” he said now leaning back. Ella took the envelope and opened it, taking the item outside and looking at it. It was an invitation to a ball. “The prince is having a ball to look for a bride.” she said smirking while looking at the invitation. She nodded and the man got up and left. Ella got up soon after that and went back home.
The ball was that night and she had to look for the most expensive looking gown they had there. She found a blue puffy dress that sparked whenever you twirled in it. She put it on and found a pair of slippers that looked like glass. She then grabbed her weapons. A long sword in the back of her dress, and  throwing swords on her legs. She grabbed the invitation and went to the ball. When she got there she was able to get past the guards without a worry. As she entered the ballroom many people turned to face her. They parted and Ella saw the prince walking toward her. She walked to him as well. They bowed to each other and the prince took Ella’s hand and they started dancing. After a while, he led her to the garden. They walked and talked to each other. “May I ask where you are from?” said the prince leading Ella to what looked like a alter. “A lady doesn’t tell someone she doesn’t know, where she lives.” said Ella. She looked around and then looked at the prince. “Can anyone see us?” she said sounding concerned. “No. Why? Are you scared to be with the prince all alone.” Putting her hands behind her back reaching for her sword she says “No, that just makes my job more easier.” She said smiling as she gripped the handle of the sword bring it out and pointing it at his heart. “Say anything and I drive it through your heart.” she said walking toward him and pushing him to the bush. She looked around and made sure no one can see them. She went back to him and said “I have been wanting to do this for a while.” she said and then she pushed the blade into him a little just to pierce his skin and make him bleed. “Ugh!” he said in agony. Then she pushed it all the way through him. *gasp* she was able to hear the breath escape his lungs. She ripped the blade out of him and cleaned it off with a rag she also had hidden. She put the blade back where it was and left.
On her way out of the garden, she saw three guards coming in her direction. She stayed calm and when she walked past them she bowed her head and continued walking. When they were past her, she looked behind and watched them. They turned the corner where she recently was with the now deceased prince. When they saw the prince, they grabbed their swords and looked to where Ella currently stood. She smiled and continued walking. She was wondering earlier if she was going to see some action tonight. When she could hear their heavy feet hitting the pavement she turned around and reached behind her back, drawing her sword. She didn’t take it out until they were right on top of her. She swung it out and hit the first guard in the neck and cut his head clean off. She could feel the blood hitting her face and hands. The second and third stopped for a second but still went after her. She went after the second one but the guard stopped the attack with his blade. She heard a big clunk when they hit and she quickly took her sword and ran it through their stomach. His insides came out and the guard fell to the floor.
The third one was the smallest of the three. He had weak shoulders and was thin as a bone. A few seconds later though, she found out that he makes that up with athleticism. They were going right, left, forward, backward. But she spotted that he left his feet unguarded. She let him take her to the ground. Raising his blade he said “For my prince.” At this point, Ella swung her legs and hit the guard in the ankle and he fell down. She took his sword and plunged it in him. When she took her hands off the handle she could feel that her dress and face were drenched in blood. She looked around and saw that there was a opening in between the castle and the bushes. She grabbed her sword and went through there. When she got through she stayed in the shadows. She looked around and saw that there was one guard at the doors but he was drunk and leaning against the door. She ran to her horse that was hidden and rode all the way to her home.
Before she got home, she stopped at a lake and got in the water trying to take off the blood. She stayed in there until she heard the clock tower strike twelve. ‘Midnight’ she thought. She stayed there longer until she heard the neigh of a horse. She ducked down into the water and waited. The man from before rode up on his steed. “You made quite a mess back there.” he said getting off his horse and tying it to a tree. “Well it wasn’t my fault that those guards came.” she said putting her head back, soaking her hair some more. She heard branches snap and looked over to where it came from. It was the guy coming down to the water. He stopped at the edge of it and sat down. “So, why did you want the prince dead?” she said in between being curious and so she can write it in her journal later. “Because, he killed my family.” She looked at him intensely  in his eyes. He was lying. That’s not why he wanted the prince dead. “Are you sure?” she said getting closer to him. He nodded. She saw him drawing his hand to his back. She was fortunate enough to still have her throwing blades on her. “You know, you should not lie to an assassin.” she said and before he could react. She threw the blade and it hit him right in the forehead and he fell down. She got out of the water and dried off. She continued killing people for others and she was never caught for the murder of the prince.

A beautiful song went through the air. It could make any man do anything the singer wished. The man who heard it dove into the water, not knowing why. He opened his eyes under the water and saw piercing blue eyes. He reached out to them and they vanished. He looked around and then he felt something on his ankle. He looked down and before he could see what it was, he was being pulled down, deeper into the water. The deeper he went the less he could     see the light above. When he was stopped being pulled, he couldn’t see anything. He had to blink a few times before he could believe what he was seeing. He saw a girl, but not any normal looking girl. She had scales on her face. She had unnatural red hair, and piercing blue eyes. He glanced down and saw a green tail? He blinked a few times thinking he was seeing things, but it was still there. He looked back at her face and saw she was smiling at him. But it wasn’t a pleasant smile, it was more like how a cat looks at a mouse. She opened her mouth and before he could react, she came at his throat, he felt pain in his neck and he saw red, he knew it wasn’t her hair, it was too dark, then he saw black, he didn’t feel any more pain. It was like he was trapped in a black pit with nowhere to go. The creature let go of his throat. “Bla! He tasted disgusting.” she said turning to her father. “I know he did, he was too peaceful. You need to make them scared, get their blood pumping, it tastes much better afterwards.” he grabbed the man by his neck and went over to the shark that occupied them. “King Triton!” they heard off in the distance. A few seconds later they saw the crab they heard. “King Triton, a ship is almost overhead.” King triton looked at his daughter, “Ariel, you know what to do. Remember get their blood pumping.” Ariel nodded her head and smiled. This was her favorite thing to do. She swam up almost to the surface and some of the other sirens were there waiting. Ariel went all the way up so her head was out of the water. She started to sing her deadly siren song, she could hear the men first panic and then go into a trance. She made the captain move the ship to the nearby rocks, when it was too late for the boat to be turned around, she stopped singing and heard all the men on the ship start to yell and panic, a few seconds later, the ship was going into the rocks. The sound of the crashing and screaming was music to her ears. She signaled the other sirens that they may get them. After everything was done, Ariel went to the one shipwreck she wished she didn’t have to make happen. She went to the statue that was in the middle of the ship. She looked at the face that was carved into the stone. She wept and wept until she fell asleep. She will never show her true feelings to her father, but she will never forget the day her father made her sink the ship her lover was on.