The Case of S.T.O.L.E. | Teen Ink

The Case of S.T.O.L.E.

By AKTong, San Jose, California
AKTong, San Jose, California

“Read a thousand books, and your words will flow like a river.”
― Lisa See

14-year-old Jena Arden’s week was going great. She walked down the cracked sidewalk through the early dusk to her house with her best friend Andromeda Lee, also 14. Jena was dressed in dark blue jeans, a light maroon t-shirt, and olive-green sneakers. Breathing in the fresh fall air, she prompted, “Did you finish studying for the algebra 2 test?”  

Sighing, Andromeda shook her head, then looked up with a smirk. “But I bet you know it like the back of your hand.” Jena nodded sheepishly, swept a stray strand of her long black highlighted hair behind her ear, and hurriedly changed the subject.

“Hey, we’re here,” she said, climbing up the concrete steps, and fishing a key out of her pocket. “Why don’t you put your stuff in my room, then you can come downstairs. I’m making donuts after dinner!”

“OMG your donuts are so good!” Andromeda said longingly. “I’ll be right down.”  

Smiling, Jena stepped through the modern metal door frame and into her home. Picture frames were placed all over the white walls, and as Jena stepped onto the hard, wood floor, she yelled, “Anybody home?” Empty silence met her greeting. Of course nobody was home, she thought. Luke had pit orchestra, and her parents were still working, mom as an optometrist, and dad as a dentist. Setting her backpack onto the gray couch in the living room, she headed to the kitchen and began making dinner and donuts.  Soon enough, dinner was done, almost all the donuts were eaten, and both girls leaned back with a contented sigh.

Suddenly, the front door opened and 16-year-old Luke Arden stepped in. His perfectly tousled dark hair fell over his forehead, and his long slender fingers were tucked under the straps of his navy-blue backpack. He wore black ripped jeans, maroon high tops with black laces, and a slim dark blue hoodie. His lips were slightly parted in a soft smirking smile, and amusement danced in his gray blue eyes, identical to his sister’s. Andromeda let out a slight gasp and sat straight up, blushing, while Jena just rolled her eyes.

“‘Sup sis?” Luke said casually, nodding slightly in her direction, then bent down to untie his shoes. “Hi, Andromeda.” Andromeda mumbled an embarrassed ‘hello’ and turned away shyly, her long bushy brown hair covering her crimson face and tugging nervously at the edge of her lilac t-shirt. Jena stared at her friend for a few seconds with her eyebrows raised, then turned to her brother and called after his retreating back, “I left some donuts and dinner in your room. You’re welcome.”

Shaking her head, Jena gathered up the dishes and piled them neatly in the sink.  Andromeda continued to blush until Luke’s back disappeared around the corner. Jena stared at her with her arms crossed. “Seriously?” Jena demanded incredulously. “You have a crush on my brother? Why?” Andromeda shrugged helplessly. Jena pressed her lips together and sighed.

“Never mind,” said Jena with a motherly tone. “My parents won't be home for a couple hours so just do pretty much whatever you want. I’m gonna catch an early night.”

“K,” Andromeda answered distractedly. Jena went to sleep with a smile on her face. It’s ok, she thought to herself, mom and dad will be home tomorrow. And with that thought, she fell into a peaceful slumber.

The next day, they headed to school through the drab and rainy day. All throughout school, Jena thought longingly of her parents: Jennifer and Liam Arden. She missed the good times, before she and Luke had moved to high school, and before her parents had taken their busy new jobs. She remembered playing games with her mom, piano with her dad, all the times she had been down and her parents had comforted her. Come on Jena, she thought fiercely, be grateful! They finally have jobs they like! But, argued another voice in her head, it takes them away from...me. Jena knew this was selfish thinking, and she wanted her parents to be happy, but still... Ms. Bantree, her math teacher, brought her back to earth, rapping her ruler smartly on Jena’s desk.  

“Ms. Arden, would you please answer my question?”  

“Yes ma'am,” she said with a sigh. Today was going to be a long day.

A torrent of rain met her as she ran hurriedly home after school, stinging at her face and raised hands like an army of watery bullets. The wind slashed and whirled around her like a tornado, whipping her relentlessly. Jena arrived panting and soaked at her front door, glad for the shelter of the porch. After a moment or two, she fished out her key and headed inside.  

From the moment she stepped into the dark house, she knew something was wrong. Flipping on the lights, she gasped. Broken pots lay in shards on the floor, staining it with dirt. The furniture was thrown all over the house, like a whirlwind had gone through. Picture frames lay face down on the floor, shattered and broken. Jena was in shock. What had happened? Who had trashed her house? Then she spied a note on the fridge. Stepping over broken shards of dishes she went cautiously to read the hastily scrawled note. When she saw it, she instantly recognized the neat cursive: her mother’s. Her stomach churned and her heart leapt into her throat.   

“Jena. Luke. Help. Captured. w/Andromeda.”

Her parents and her best friend were...gone.

She whipped her head frantically around, panic consuming her like a wave of terror. Dashing around the house, she called for her parents over and over again, til her voice became hoarse, and ultimately disappeared. Then, fumbling with her phone, she called the police station. “Hello,” said a calm female voice. “911, what's your emergency?”  

“Please ma’am,” said Jena in a trembling voice, trying with all her might to contain her urgency and retain her manners. “My name is Jena Arden and my parents have been captured.”

“Well deary,” the woman continued calmly, “Give me your address and we’ll see what we can do.” Jena did so, then hung up, sliding down against the wall to the floor. She doesn’t believe me she realized. The woman didn’t believe a word I said. And my parents are still… gone. Gone.

Luke walked through the door a minute later and found Jena on the floor, hugging her knees and staring into space, the note still crushed tightly in her hand. He hurried over and knelt, his hand on her shoulder and his face clouding over with worry in an instant.  

“What’s wrong sis?” he asked concernedly. Wordlessly, Jena handed him the note, staring blankly at the opposite wall. He skimmed through it quickly, then looked up with wide eyes.

“I searched the house already, and called the police,” she said trembling, in a dazed voice. “They’ll be here any minute. We should probably leave the house as it is so that the police can find out as much as they can.” Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and a tall police officer strode through. Dressed in his officer’s uniform and military haircut, he conveyed a professional air, which didn’t match his friendly smile.

“Well hello there!” he said, extending his hand towards Luke. Luke stood, shook the officer’s hand, then helped Jena up slowly.  

“I heard that your house was ransacked, is that right?” he continued.

“Our parents were abducted along with my best friend,” Jena said, deadly calm with eyes as fierce as a storm. Ignoring her angry glare, the officer said, “Well, since that’s all we know, and for now your house is a bit… unlivable, we’ll need someone to take temporary custody of you two. You’re both under 18, correct?” Jena groaned inwardly. He’s treating us as if we’re kindergarteners! She thought. Taking a deep breath, she regained her composure and nodded.

“Aunt Melissa,” Luke murmured suddenly, half to himself and half to Jena and the officer. “She lives closest.”

“Excellent! If either of you have smartphones, perhaps you could call her and explain,” he remarked absently, already turning to the crime scene. Luke pulled out his phone and began to scroll through his contacts. Jena, turning away, took in the sight of the now partly demolished house again. She expected it could be a prank -- but her parents were supposed to have the day off today.

She spent fifteen agonizing minutes watching as the police officer scribbled something on a notepad, picked up a piece of a broken wine glass, and laughed to himself as if sharing some sort of private joke. Seeing the officer act as if the entire thing was a joke made fury swoop down into her gut, and the sound of Aunt Melissa’s wheezy old truck pulling into the driveway was refreshing.

Jena and Luke walked out to meet her as directed after grabbing their backpacks, heading for their aunt, a beacon of familiarity in a storm of confusion. Running to hug her, Jena sighed in relief. Finally, someone I know. Her aunt held them at arm's length, then said happily, “Oh, you’ve both grown so much! Luke, you’re taller than me already, and Jena, you’re catching up!”

“Thanks, Aunt Melissa,” They replied in unison. Her weatherworn face was spread in a smile, her familiar red-checkered flannel and jeans a welcoming sight. Brushing her autumn-colored hair back, their aunt’s face took on a more solemn tone. “Are your parents really....” Both of the Arden siblings nodded silently.

“And my best friend Andromeda,” Jena added with a sigh. Aunt Melissa put her head in her hands and massaged her temples, her eyebrows furrowed with worry. “I really have no idea what could have happened!” she said with frustration. Jena knew too well what her aunt was feeling. She had gone through the same frustrating pattern before Luke had joined her. Jena spoke up. “Can we head to your house first, Aunt Melissa? It might be better than standing on our driveway in the cold.” Luke let out a suppressed grin while their aunt slapped her forehead. “I’m so sorry, I totally forgot!”

“It’s no problem, I was just wondering,” Jena commented reassuringly, then met her brother’s gaze and burst out laughing. All tension broke and they headed to the car with a smile on all of their faces.  Jena spent the car ride staring out the window, the city and landscape racing past in a blur, and her aunt and brother’s chatter just a soft buzz in the background. Her mind whirred with scenarios and ways to get her parents and best friend back. Her brain was overloaded with thoughts, ideas, hopes…. Finally, overcome with exhaustion and the pressure of the day, Jena’s eyelids grew heavy and she slipped into a deep and dreamless sleep.  

“Wakey wakey!”  

Jena groaned sleepily and slowly opened her eyes. Luke continued to wave his hand in front of her face until she batted it away. “Where are we?” she said groggily, sitting up. The car had stopped and they were in a... Costco parking lot? “Costco?”

Luke’s face became solemn immediately and said, “S.T.O.L.E.”

“Wait...whaaaa?”

Luke slapped his forehead, but their aunt just smiled patiently and began explaining. “S.T.O.L.E. stands for Spy Training for the Observant, Lonely, and Exceptional. It’s a covert investigation company funded by the government which investigates all types of crimes. Our family has owned it for over seven generations.” Jena’s mouth hung open in shock, her eyes wide. A million thoughts chased each other through her head, but all she was able to voice was, “Why are we at Costco?”

“Well, there are many pros to putting a secret entrance in Costco. For one, there are always so many people, no one will suspect a ton of agents going through. Also, if you’re being followed, it’ll just make it that much harder to follow you. We also get great deals!” Melissa said with a wry grin. “C’mon! Let’s go get you situated.” Grabbing their backpacks from the trunk, they followed their aunt briskly to Costco. Pulling out an ID card from her pocket, she showed it to the man at the entrance. He nodded solemnly and waved them to a side door. Motioning for Luke and Jena to follow closely, Melissa opened the door and stepped down. Jena stared down the darkly lit hall. A sour smell met her nose, and her eyes were appalled by the filth. Luke raised his eyebrows.

“This, is the secret entrance?”

Yep,” said their aunt, feeling against the wall. “Aha, there it is.” Once again pulling out her keycard, she swiped it against the wall and stepped through a hidden doorway. “Welcome, to S.T.O.L.E.”

Jena gasped. White metal walls sloped up to a gigantic dome, LED lights lining the walls, a net of woven pattern. Under it an enormous open space with agents dressed in black, purple, and blue roamed, looking down at files or testing out new gadgets in separate rooms. Walking slowly over the walkway in the middle of the room, Jena’s eyes roamed over everything, moving from one thing to the next with lightning speed. “This is amazing!” she said breathlessly. Following her aunt through one of the various doorways throughout the dome, she came to a long hallway, and her aunt led her to a door at the very end.

“Meet my protégé,” she announced, “Aden Glen.”  

Jena’s heart skipped a beat. Wavy golden-brown hair, intelligent green eyes … It was like he had been taken straight from her imagination. The only thing that didn’t fit was the pale scar running down his neck. Sitting calmly at a wooden desk and dressed in a green and black flannel over a white t-shirt, black jeans and blue sneakers, he looked up when he hear the door. “Ah,” he said, rising, “you must be Jena and Luke Arden. Your aunt has told me so much about you.” Jena looked about the room. Bright LED lights lit the room with unnatural brightness, making his room look more like a warehouse then a living space. The cold tiled floor was a blinding white, as were the four blank walls. A simple wooden bed with a plain oak head was placed in the corner of the room, with sheets and pillows like you would see in a hotel. A nondescript book shelf was placed in the opposite wall along with a light beige desk and a hard straight backed metal chair. His closet consisted of sets of clothes, already matched and hanging neatly in a built in closet. Aden turned to their aunt and said,  

“Ms. Arden, a new case has come up.”  

“What are the details?”

“Our intel reports that people around globe have been disappearing, ten in total. There have been disappearances in Japan, Brazil, and others.”

Aunt Melissa started pacing and scrunched her eyebrows at the news.

“Are there any patterns to said missing persons?”

“None that we can see on the surface. But we are still investigating. I will contact the headquarters in the places where people have gone missing.”

“Good. Tell me when you have more info.”

Aden nodded and returned to his desk. Jena followed their aunt out of the room, then said, “‘Ms. Arden?’”

Aunt Melissa smiled. “Like I said, our family has owned S.T.O.L.E. for seven generations. Come, let’s get you fitted for suits.”

The next day, they got their suits and equipment then headed to their classes.  In Infiltration Jena and Luke both got paired with another, Luke with Olivia Stuart who had been at the academy for a year, and Jena with Aden. Infiltration was her favorite class, as it included slyness, great reflexes, and stealth, all which she had honed over all the years in sports. As she continued working with Aden, she realized how much they had in common. Both liked puzzles, were great at sports, and loved to laugh. Day after day she looked forward to Infiltration, not just because it was her favorite, but because she could talk and laugh with Aden. The way he laughed and swept his hair over his forehead… but everytime she tried to learn more about his past, he would shut her out with a frown. She just couldn’t figure out what he would be hiding. And why?  

The next few days Jena threw herself wholeheartedly into her classes, but deep inside she still longed for her parents. To share this amazing experience with them. The work helped her numb herself.

A couple days later, Luke knocked on her bedroom door.

“Who is it?”

“Luke.”

He stuck his head into her room before she had even given him permission.

“We have a mission,” he said with a grin. Springing up, Jena couldn’t help but smile.

“Finally! What is it?”

“We’re gonna go with Aunt Melissa - sorry ‘Ms. Arden’ to see if we can track down the missing people Aden mentioned on our first day.”

Jena reddened slightly at Aden’s name.

“Is he coming?”

“No.” Luke frowned. “And I don’t see why you like him so much. Just because he’s good looking-”

“Luke! We have so much in common! Why don’t you trust him?”

“I just don’t think we should trust people so easily. Our parents are out there and we still need to find them.”

Jena sighed. “Fine. I’ll meet you in the dome in 5.”

Luke pulled his head out of her room and shut the door. Jena scrambled to collect some necessary equipment and tools, then hurried to the giant dome like room which they had seen when they arrived. Secretly, Jena really hoped that her parents would be part of the group and she could rescue them. To get them back.  

Jena, Luke and their aunt sped down the highway, heading for an old, abandoned warehouse: the coordinates that Aden had told them was a likely place for the kidnapper to hide.

“Now Jena, Luke,” their aunt began seriously, far from the happy tone of before. “We need to be on high alert. It is the academy’s suspicion that one of our own cadets has stolen your parents and the other missing people. It could be any one of us. If we get attacked, I want you to run as fast as you can, get to the car, and leave. Understood?”

“Yes ma'am.”

The car stopped in the parking lot and Jena stared in fascinated horror. The sky was gray, the sun covered with clouds like a veil over a face. Thunder shook the sky like a giant stomping on the clouds. The warehouse was made of metal, with faded paint peeling off the sides. The door was rusted and old, and let out a high-pitched squeal as the Arden’s cautiously peeked into the dark empty space. They tiptoed silently throughout the area, stirring up dust as they went.

“Wait,” Luke said suddenly. “I think I got something!” He crouched down as his sister and aunt hurried over.  

“Footprints.” They shone a blacklight over the footprint, and found a path, heading for the far room.

“Let’s go.” Melissa motioned and they followed the trail of footprints. They entered the room, peering through the darkness. They crept in to investigate. Without warning, the door slammed shut with a resounding bang.

“It’s a trap!” they shouted, then ran to the door, but found it sealed tight. Jena’s vision clouded in panic, and she jerked her head frantically around. No windows, no other exits… Suddenly, Jena heard a soft thud, then a voice saying with suppressed jubilation, “Yes, it is.” And Aden Glen stepped out of the shadows. Jena’s heart sank faster than a stone, but Luke just snarled, then said, “So I was right not to trust you.”

Aden threw back his head and laughed. “Why yes, as a matter of fact you were.”

He began pacing, the Arden’s eyes following his every move.

“You see, Scar has promised me what I have worked towards for six years. Revenge.”

Melissa paled at the name, but Jena was too busy trying to sort out all the info. The guy she liked had gone rouge, he worked for some mysterious man or woman named Scar, and he wanted revenge… but on who? Jena had a sinking feeling she knew the answer, but she still squeaked, “Revenge on who?”

“Why, your family of course! And now it’s time to pay.”

“Wait!” Jena yelled in desperation. “What did we ever do to you?”  

Aden tapped his chin, thinking. “Well,” he said, almost to himself. “I’ve waited this long. I can wait a little longer.” Turning to the Ardens, he folded his hands together and began his tale.

“Ten years ago, when I was six, my parents died in a car crash. That left me in the care of my grandmother: Mabel Glen. She was the world to me, the most caring, loving person I knew. For years we lived together in S.T.O.L.E. as she was an agent there. Then, one day, when I was ten, she went on a mission with your grandma to infiltrate Scar’s base.” Aden began to pace and continued with the story.

“He laid a trap and as your grandmother watched, he killed mine. Your grandma didn’t lift a finger to help. And now, after six years, I will finally avenge her by killing you.” Jena and Luke stared in terror at Aden’s ruthlessly twisted smile. Then their aunt, who had not made a sound the whole time, stepped forward calmly and said almost inaudibly, “No, you’re not.”    

Aden sneered. “What are you gonna do about it?” Melissa pressed a button on her belt. Suddenly, her whole image flickered, like an image from behind a wall of water. Then, the blur faded away, leaving not the familiar person of Melissa Arden, but of an old, yet somehow youthful woman in her mid 60’s. Aden’s face was as pale as a ghost. He breathed out, “Grandma?”

Mabel Glen turned to him, her face a mix of pity, disappointment, and relief. “Yes,” she replied softly, her eyes dewy with tears, like diamonds shining in her bright green eyes, her pale gold hair framing her wrinkled, kindly face. Aden looked like his world had fallen apart, his carefully forged plan lying in a million shards around him. He was torn, looked like he wanted to run to Mabel, but hesitated at the sight of Jena and Luke’s glaring faces. An uncomfortable moment of silence followed. Jena shook with indignation. Aden was the bad guy, the one who had ruined her life and many others, and yet the person he cared most about was still with him, and after all she had done, she was no closer to her parents than before. But before she could go on a raging, yelling lecture, her brother held a hand up to placate her and stepped forward, hand extended.  

“It’s OK, man,” Luke said, smiling. “I know what it’s like to lose someone. Trust me, I would do anything to get her back.” Aden grinned sheepishly, shook Luke’s hand, then ran to embrace his long lost grandmother. Then, looking suddenly concerned, Aden frowned and said, “We need to get back to S.T.O.L.E. Pretty soon Scar’ll realize that I’m not coming to help him and no longer loyal to him and he’ll put the plan into action early.” Jena held up her hand in a stop gesture. “Wait….what plan?” Aden grimaced then said, “We don’t have time, I’m sorry. But I promise that I’ll explain everything if we get through this alive. But first we have to get out of here.”

Luke sighed. “The door is jammed and you locked us in here, remember?”   

Aden slapped his forehead. “Stupid fool-proof plan.” Then, his face lit up with a sudden realization, he exclaimed, “There’s a window near the top supporting beam. That’s how I got in.”  

Jena looked up at the rather narrow window in the roof above her, raising an eyebrow.  “How skinny are you?”

Waving his hand in a dismissing manner he said, “Doesn’t matter. We really have to hurry. Scar is not gonna wait for me.” Then, running quickly to a long and carefully concealed rope, all four scaled it quickly, squeezed slid down the hard metal roof, down into the waiting truck.

They found headquarters in a case of confused chaos, red emergency lights flashing throughout the building. Bodies of small, twisted creatures, Jena supposed they were Scar’s minions, lay scattered throughout the building, slumped and unconscious. It seemed the students of S.T.O.L.E. had done their job well.

But a battle was not without sacrifice, as Jena soon found out. Slain and injured bodies stained the white tile floor bright red, like fountains of pain. Jena almost sobbed at the sight of one of her colleagues, 12-year-old Elijah Yang, lying dead with an arrow through his heart, covered in blood, and the trademark endearing smile on his face that had attracted everyone to his gentle grace.      

In the midst of it all, Scar stood, a malicious and crazed grin on his -obviously -scared face. His long and wild white hair flew around his face like a swirl of stringy cotton candy. Completing the image of oddness, his bent figure was surprisingly old and tired, although he looked anything but tired at the moment.

“Well folks, it’s been a crazy night, hasn’t it? Ah, how long I have waited for this day! The dome is smaller than I imagined...Ah well, it will do, I suppose. I could still fit quite a lot of massagers and sofas, though.”

The Ardens stared in horror at the demonic elderly nightmare, while Aden just shuddered.

“He’s been like this for 10 years,” he said with a groan and a grimace. “Terrifying, but insane.”  Scar let out a maniacal and derisive laugh, showing his few moldy teeth, but then saw Aden and started in rage.

“YOU?!” he shouted, approaching fast and making a surprisingly scary figure.

“Deserter! I gave you all of this, and now you turn on me!” Scar lunged for Aden, his face full of fury. Suddenly, Jena felt a burst of rage. After all she had been through, her parents getting captured, Aden almost killing her, and the death of so many friends and comrades, and still this man continued to make her life a nightmare. Lunging forward, she collided with Scar, pushed him against the wall, and put her hand against his throat, held him there, her whole body shaking with emotion. And, like one of the most famous lines in “Princess Bride,”

“My name is Jena Arden. You took my parents. Prepare to die.”  And, as his face turned black and blue, his eyes bulging out, Scar took his final breath, and died. Releasing her hold on him, the corpse slumped as Jena sunk to her knees and wept. All the tears she had held back, all the emotional trauma and loss… both boys sank to their knees next to her, bowed their heads, and put a hand on each shoulder.    

Please comment and tell me what you think! 

“Class dismissed! Don’t forget to study for Pickpocketing 101!” Gathering up her papers, Jena Arden hurried to close up her classroom, flipped of the lights, then ran to meet her brother, home from college. She saw his grinning face and tackled him in a hug. “Ugh…can’t breathe…”

“Sorry.” Her smile stretched from ear to ear. “It’s so awesome you’re back! I missed you so much!”

“How’s mom and dad?”

“Great, though they still refuse to retire!”

He grinned, then said, “I brought a guest.” and Aden Glen stepped out from behind his back, a hesitant smile on his face.

“Hey, Jena.”

“Hi, Aden.”   

Jena’s emotions were in a jumble.  She was surprised because he was back, happy because of the longtime crush, but angry at him for leaving for 5 years and then out of the blue showing up. An uncomfortable silence followed, a blanket of awkward quietness settling over the three like fog. Luke’s smile wavered, but tried to keep the atmosphere cheerful by suggesting that they all go out for coffee to catch up, though the embarrassed and irritated look on his sister’s face almost snuffed out his optimistic spirit.  

Jena was seething inside. Luke had no right to bring Aden after all this time!  She thought indignantly on the agonizingly long and stiflingly silent ride. What was he thinking? That I wanted to see him? That I still have a crush on him? Jena knew that in fact, that was all she had thought about for the past 5 years that Aden had first served his first year of prison time, then four in college. But the wall that had been constructed by isolation and distance was almost a separation and obstacle big enough for Jena to regret her feelings.  

And yet, she recalled distinctly a memory from before all the drama in her life had happened. Her mother had told her a quote, after she had gone through a frustrating day where her “friends” had mocked and teased her.

“You know Jena,” her mother had said softly, cradling her in her arms and wiping away her tears. “Robert A. Heinlein once said, ‘Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.’ And if your so-called friends don’t have your happiness in mind, then they really aren’t your friends, are they?”

Jena remembered the sickening feeling when Aden had been taken by cops. The endless questions about his safety, the sleepless nights thinking about all the terrible things that could happen, and the relief when he had gone to college. Even the feeling of a burden being lifted off her shoulders when she had seen him, safe and sound, that morning. The feeling that she could finally be happy and even more so... whole.

The car jerked to a stop, and as they got out, Jena took a deep breath, and said to Aden, “Hey, can I talk to you for a sec?”

The End  

Geetee said...
Geetee, San Jose, California
Love the suspense and the mystery. Looking forward to the sequel. When is it coming out? :)

AKTong said...
AKTong, San Jose, California

― Lisa See

@octerberopal Thank you so much! This is actually my first novel and I am currently writing another!
-AKTong

octoberopal PLATINUM, San Jose, California
I LOVE The Case of S.T.O.L.E.! It's so creative, exciting, and that ending leaves me wanting more (maybe a sequel??). I'm sure many others will enjoy reading it, as well!