Treasure | Teen Ink

Treasure

April 28, 2015
By konehead10 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
konehead10 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Domination...Fun filled days....Memories that will last forever!

Waukesha County is full of playgrounds.  However, there is one specific playground that stands above the rest located in Hartland, Wisconsin, and it is my treasure of Waukesha County. Swallow Elementary School has a set of basketball hoops where I spent my days growing up.
Many would say, “Seven foot hoops at an elementary school, what could be the fun in that?”
But let me tell you, for a bunch of high school kids, it’s enough fun to get 10 guys together and play 5 on 5 pick up games almost everyday in the summer. The treasure of this place is the hoops are so low, everyone can dunk and it makes games interesting.
Since my freshman year, everyone has grown up to be taller and bigger and these hoops attracted a lot of attention because you can pull off 360, windmill, or tomahawk dunk.
Many of my best memories come from the heated competitions that my friends and I would have against one another.  Not one of my friends likes to lose and with that being said, we fought until the end! 
I will never forget the first time I pulled off a 360 dunk, or the time my team went 5-0 in a 4v4 tournament, blew everyone away. There will not be another place like Swallow Elementary School’s 7 foot hoops. The memories will last a lifetime. It is my true treasure of Waukesha County.