Back to Shanghai EXPO | Teen Ink

Back to Shanghai EXPO

April 30, 2012
By MichaelZhang PLATINUM, Guildford, Other
MichaelZhang PLATINUM, Guildford, Other
29 articles 1 photo 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
The purpose of competition is to eliminate the competition.


It has been two years since the opening ceremony of Shanghai EXPO. I was fortunate enough to have stayed in a hotel which was close to the ceremony place, watching the fireworks made just hundreds of meters away. Once I mention about this scene, I feel that the opening of EXPO just took place few months ago.

Two days after the ceremony, I first entered the EXPO park with my father. May in Shanghai was hot, however, I tuned out on the weather. In Pu Xi zone, pavilions of corporations were huge and modernized. And in Pu Dong zone, grotesque pavilions of various countries dashed into my sight.

That day, from 9:00 am to 23:00 pm, I walking through the EXPO park with my father. Most of time we stayed in C zone, where European, American and African countries pavilions built. I once toured European countries, nevertheless, the pavilions of those countries brought me another aspect of appreciating them. Additionally, C zone was the most crowded zone of EXPO park. Natives and foreigners were mixed there. Sometimes I considered that just wandering among pavilion without entering one was also a kind of treat, as the atmosphere there gave you noisy ,friendly and colorful.

We came back to Pu Xi via ferry at 23:00. Watching the sea of lights of the pavilions on the ferry, I was fond of saying that the colorful world is admirable, and the days of Shanghai EXPO will be carved onto this land of China.


The author's comments:
At the second anniversary of the opening of Shanghai EXPO, I'd like to show my memory of this event.