Amity Point Allure: A Tranquil Teen Paradise | Teen Ink

Amity Point Allure: A Tranquil Teen Paradise

By Mlove_joy BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other
Mlove_joy BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other

“Just on the tip of North Stradbroke Island sits Amity Point, a cozy seaside village where nature and adventure meet," writes Mitchell.

AMITY POINT

Amity Point is the top dog when it comes to pristine natural Australian experiences. Named Minjerribah by the traditional indigenous owners of the land, Amities tropical sun and the alluring coastal beaches rest expectantly for arrival. The golden and pink shimmering rows of serene sand stretch along the beach from the tip to the bottom, soothing when strolling down. After the hypnotic feeling of soaking up the blazing sun, it’s universally distinct that Amity Point is a stunning destination that promises a perfect blend of natural tranquillity and Teen Paradise.

THE AREA AND CLIMATE

Amity Point is considered a sub-tropical area, being just big enough to engage with the natural Australian wonders. No matter where someone is - either dropping bullets of sweat competing against mates in merciless ‘half-court basketball’, or comprehending the breathtaking, insta-worthy view of the setting sun casting its last hues of vivid pink, red and orange over the bewildering ocean horizon - teens will find themself in awe of the arboreal grey, furry friends, lazily looking down. As well as the curious silky smooth-skinned dolphins flashing their fins as their singsong squills lull relaxation. Lastly, the best time to go is during May – November, the prime sunlit months for an Amity getaway.

ACTIVITIES

Whether teens enjoy chill, low-effort activities or jam-packed adrenaline-filled fun, Amity has a range of activities on offer. To start, soaking up the radical radiant rays of the sun is the priority to get a glowing crisp tan started. Or perhaps a girl’s day out to the open and cheerful local Straddie-made antique shop, Noreen's, to rekindle connections. But alternatively, it’s decided to either go for a competitive, ‘Dad’s V Lad’s’ day at a lush Aussie filled Golf Course or an aesthetic escape with companions to take the eternal thrill of flying into lucid waters, Jetty Jumping, cause like, why not. Yet now, understanding the pure pleasure of the still tranquillity regarding the underrated Amity Point sport of Fishing comes easily.

FOOD

Due to fishing being a very popular hobby when engrossing the region, the most traditional homemade dish at Amity Point is Fish. Although per dining options, Sealevel 21 is the only restaurant at Amity Point, boasting a unique open design with a tropical and flourishing, emerald-green leaf theme amidst a range of affordable dining at Straddie.

TRANSPORTATION AND ACCOMMODATION

Due to Straddie’s isolated location, transit to the Island is only optional by Barge, with a nominal fee to board. Once on the Island, it’s best to use a strong 4WD vehicle to drive around the outback terrain. However, I have found biking to be the most thrilling and mature mode of transport at this age due to Amity’s small size. Accommodation options include either affordable, well-kept sea-style BnB houses or the classic outback, beachside camping - mirroring the Amity Point Jetty - that lets campers connect with the land beneath them and the peculiar fauna.

CONCLUSION

In conclusion, Amity Point is the perfect destination for teens seeking a natural Australian immersive experience. With its purified photogenic beaches, temperate climate, and a range of activities for all interests, Amity Point has something for everyone. So, pack your bags and head to Amity Point for an unforgettable adventure of growth and shrewd escapades!

Year 8,

End of Term IV English Assessment.