Golden Hour at the Gold Coast | Teen Ink

Golden Hour at the Gold Coast

By AndrewC123 BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other
AndrewC123 BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other

Andrew shares his thoughts on this teen paradise, packed with thrilling and exciting adventures, and set where the golden beaches glow.

Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, is a golden destination. Breathtakingly beautiful, it is a wonderland full of adventure, thrills, and relaxation. Situated within South-East Queensland, this exquisite location is the perfect holiday for teenagers. Take a break from the grey and gloomy cities, or blazing hot rural towns; the Gold Coast is a perfect place for teens!

The ideal season to visit this pristine location is during the late Australian spring or early summer. This is an excellent time as it’s not too hot. Enjoying the crystal-clear waters, it’s teen time to chill, wearing cool casual outfits all day long. For the teenagers who prefer chilly weather, late autumn to mid-winter is the best time to be rugged up on breezy nights.

Even 70 years ago, the Gold Coast was a popular destination for servicemen returning from World War II. Discover educational and fascinating facts about the Gold Coast at the Aboriginal Cultural Centre, only half an hour drive from Surfers Paradise. Alternatively, travel to the outback reef tour which connects teens with the true Aussie spirit of this vast awe- inspiring land.

Of course, the gleaming Gold Coast has accessible transport options, including inexpensive and 5 star experiences. Teens can fly, drive or sail from anywhere around Australia, or overseas. Fast and fun transport is on offer, such as electric scooters or bikes. Easy walks to bus and train stations are aplenty. Not keen on walking? No problem - most shops are close together, so there’s no effort locating the cinemas and arcades.

For the foodies, there are many options, and your taste buds will thank you! From expensive, luxurious restaurants (you might need you parents to pay), to cheap and cafe-style options, there is something for everyone. If you are a fan of takeaway, there’s always a classic burger shop around the corner, or an authentic pizza store full of flavour and definitely insta worthy!

When it comes to entertainment the Gold Coast has it all! Be tempted by the thrilling theme parks, like Dream World and Movie World, or experience helicopter rides and the crazy maze of pools at Wet n’ Wild. For a more subdued experience, take a trip to the interesting museums and then relax in the afternoon enjoying the world’s best beaches.

If searching for budget friendly or upmarket accommodation, Surfers Paradise provides an extensive variety of comfortable places to stay. Relax in a luxury hotel, modest motel, or quality Airbnb. Don’t forget there are plenty of accommodation options on the outskirts of the Gold Coast. Affordable, clean and lush, every teen will be satisfied at the Gold Coast, no matter where they stay.

Looking for world class facilities? The Gold Coast has it all! Free internet is available in many cafes, grocery stores, restaurants, and hotels. Do not forget the easily accessible shops, libraries, public parks and much more! All of these useful facilities are close and right in the heart of Surfers Paradise.

Surfers Paradise has a broad selection of interesting and fun outdoor activities. This includes surfing on the crystal clear waves, to venturing off into the beautiful Gold Coast hinterland. There are an abundance of breathtaking and thrilling activities for teenagers, guaranteed to create memories that can be cherished forever.

Year 8 English Term 4 assessment.