Limitless London | Teen Ink

Limitless London

November 20, 2023
By Byron24 BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other
Byron24 BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“History and Modernity, Side by Side.”

- Says Byron, 2023

Explore the Past, Present and Emerging Culture of Western civilisation in the heart of the United Kingdom, where a diamond in the rough lies. London offers a variety of historical sites and modern architectonic establishments, for all to learn and benefit from. Throw on warm attire to combat the cold night bite and stroll down the glistening River Thames, under the glittering night sky, gleaming with ecstasy as you admire all that life has to offer in London. Experience the vibrancy and beauty of the picturesque skyscrapers, defying the laws of nature through their sheer visual magnificence. Truly an astonishing feat of man, and an inspiring sight to see for adolescents. London’s architecture and culture are crucial aspects of what makes it such a unique destination that it deserves the label, “Must-see."

London has earned a special place in my heart, a sparkling souvenir of my childhood in which I reminisce of the time when my family scouted out this heaven on earth and gained precious experiences. The metropolis contains a past that makes traversing the city that much more special as one remembers the Anglo-Saxons that used to roam inside the magnificent city walls. London’s modernity combines various cultures together and is an indiscriminatory region where everyone can experience eudaimonia. These modern and historical aspects of London appoint it a destination worth celebrating and one that should be on everyone’s bucket list.

 

ATTRACTIONS:

“MUST - SEE”

Wonder at Buckingham Palace, the birthplace of royal blood, the sparkling symbol of sovereignty. Catch a bus to Westminster Bridge, one of the illustrious attractions, and let the snug summer’s warmth gently wash over as the River Thames rushes by below, a coalescence of the elements.

THE GLOBE

For any aspiring teens or literature fanatics looking for creativity on the journey, take a train to the stage on which William Shakespeare’s plays were held and undergo the sensation of passion as you stand where King Lear once stood.

STONEHENGE

If the history of this chilly de facto capital is of interest to any young historians, visit the linteled stone circle of Stonehenge where the bricks weigh over 30 tons each, the perfect day trip adventure. The staggering amount of effort needed to construct this site around 5000 years ago continues to amaze chroniclers around the globe who marvel at its significance to the development of European technology and architecture in the Neolithic period.

DINING AND ACCOMODATION:

LE GAVROCHE

Relax after an evening of ambling at Le Gavroche, an opulent restaurant deserving of two Michelin stars, and value the company of friends and family in the sophisticated atmosphere. Each delectable morsel an explosion of flavour on one’s tongue that all teens would enjoy.

THE CHURCH-HILL ARMS

Relish an evening in a cheaper homely pub, watching sport and conversing late into the night, a stereotypical British evening. This is the perfect place to catch up with family, The Churchill Arms is a special location that every tourist should visit, a place that every teen would benefit from.

PARK PLAZA

Finally, after an indelible day of venerating the unforgettable sights and connecting with relatives, settle down and acquire one more memory of the remarkable view when one stays at the ‘Park Plaza’, an esteemed hotel. Survey the rumble of city out on the balconies and feel the breeze on your cheek like a gentle kiss, adoring the abundant visible charm of the urban landscape.


The author's comments:

Yr 8 Term 4 Assessment - Travel Article