A Teen Outdoor Lovers Greece Guide | Teen Ink

A Teen Outdoor Lovers Greece Guide

November 19, 2023
By Luka BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other
Luka BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Swimming through the colourful coral and rocks in glassy, clear water Luka dives into a wonderful experience in Greece.

Greece is a wonderful place located in the Southeast part of Europe. When you arrive in Athens, the capital of Greece you can hear the busy cars and trains zooming around. The smell of sizzling souvlaki fills the streets and ancient buildings frame and supply the city. Meowing cats reside in the nooks and crannies throughout Greek architecture. As soon as you jump over to the islands you can smell the salty air and feel the heat dazzling your skin - a teens dream. You are now ready for a wonderful time in Greece.

In Greece there are many ways to get around like foot paths or markets you can walk on. There are also taxi and hire cars there are also buses and trains.

In Greece, the locals speak Greek, but they often speak English as well because many of their visitors are from America, Australia, New Zealand, and England. They learn this language so they can communicate.

In Greece, they have many great traditions such as giving you something on the house during, before or after your meal. Their delicious food like Greek salads, gyros, gyros platters, BBQ meat and very fresh food from farms.

In Greece, there are many famous places from Ancient Greece such as the Acropolis in Athens and the ruins of the volcano in Santorini. Greece has a Mediterranean climate and it is recommended to visit Greece in autumn or spring so that it is not too hot and not too cold.

Greeks are very generous people and offer free food or drinks after a meal. In Greece, they have siesta time, which is just after lunch starting at around 2pm and going to 4pm. People are expected to be quiet and relax.

Greece has many cool artworks and where you will find the most art is in Athens. Athens is known to have a lot of graffiti and while travelling though Athens it is all around. People are also able to see famous Graffiti writers in Athens like 1 UP the graffiti crew. There are also many art museums in Greece as well as museums and ancient ruins. People often go out to restaurants and outdoor theatre.

Greece is where the Olympics started in the year 776 B.C and the Greeks were the only ones who participated. They would stop all wars at the time the Olympics were being played. Then came the Christians and they did not like other cultures having power, so then they destroyed the Olympics until they were restarted 2600 years later.

In Greece there are many accommodation options, and they can get from very cheap to very expensive. In Greece there are hotels, motels, apartments, camping and resorts these options can all range from cheap to expensive but mainly camping, apartments and motels are the cheapest with hotels and resorts the most expensive.

In Greece they have many ATM’s available around that you can use your card to get cash out and if you don’t want to use cash they do accept most cards. In Greece they also have shopping centres, mini markets, markets and they also have chemists and hospitals.


The author's comments:

My name is Luka and I visited Greece recently. It was very beautiful with incredible coral reefs and ancient architecture. This article includes my favourite parts of Greece as seen with my own eyes!