Fly into your Fantasy | Teen Ink

Fly into your Fantasy

November 19, 2023
By Anonymous

From scorching summer days and cherry blossom trees caving in on you, to a white Christmas with festive activity's, Hakuba, Japan is awaiting you, writes Poppy.

If you are looking for the perfect snowy dream, Japan a captivating island nation in East Asia. Hakuba does not only communicate in English to make it easier for tourists, but it is also a resort full of land memorizing contrasts, with its majestic mountains and piles over piles of fluffy snow to lush cherry blossom trees. the warmth and peace of its people add to the charm of this memorizing destination. Japan’s unforgettable blend of old and the new makes it a definite viral insta post.

If you are a history lover or over the age of 50, and loves to delve into the tradition of countries, listen up. Japan was settled about 35,000 years ago by Paleolithic people from the Asian mainland. At the end of the last Ice Age, about 10,000 years ago, a culture called the Jomon developed. Many of Japan's cultural traditions originated from China and Korea in particular. The most important of theirs is, rice which only arrived in Japan around 2,400 years ago. In Japan, people do not have signatures, they have their own seal. Known as Hanko, the seal is typically your name translated into Kanji characters and is made from silk or plant-based paste.

Many of Japan's cultural traditions originated from China and Korea in particular. The most important of theirs is, rice which only arrived in Japan around 2,400 years ago.

Japan’s exquisite cuisine, including tempura, raman and most known, sushi is a treat for the senses, on dinner outings there is much effort in the display and taste of Japan's cuisine with affordable prices of traditional foods such as, sushi, ramen and tempura, most importantly, dessert, Japan’s traditional desserts include mochi, toasted smores and many more.

At the resort as the sun goes down and the sun comes up there are numerous night activities you can do, Whilst the parents go off you can do a massive amount of activates including skiing, snowboarding, sledding, ice-skating, carnival nights, zoos filled with native animals, fireworks, hot tubs and many more.

If habuba resort does not tick all your boxes you can also look at different accommodation, from motels to hotels, renting, buying or Airbnb's.

On a day-to-day basis you mostly get around in skis, snowboards, walking or ski lifts. But for longer travels there is accessibility to public transportation such as trains and buses more into the city, Ubers, and main roads.

There's a huge access to hospitality, banks but into the city you will find mesmerizing sights of tradition landscapes, shopping centres where you will find yourself mindlessly shopping with the parents cards.

The best time to visit depends on what you are expecting, scorching summer days, with cherry blossom trees caving in on you throughout June-September, pack shirts, shorts, and sun protection. If you are expecting the movie-like white Christmas, skiing all day, and fun festive activities all night throughout December-February, pack snow gear and warm clothing.


The author's comments:

YR8 End of Term 4 English Assessment.