Magic of Wisconsin Summer | Teen Ink

Magic of Wisconsin Summer

By 3armiger SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
3armiger SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

Lake Country 

I love Wisconsin because of the amazing summers. They are not too hot, and yet they are never cold. Where I live, it is known as Lake Country which is very self-explanatory due to the immense amount of bodies of water. I live on Pewaukee Lake, which is a medium-sized lake. During the summer, activities I love open up. I go swimming, for long walks and bike rides around the lake and I go golfing at Western Lakes and Naga-Waukee, and much more. 

Wisconsin Dells

My most fond memory of summer is when my family went on a trip for the first time to the Wisconsin Dells. It is one of those places that is a must visit at least once in a lifetime. The energy that the Wisconsin Dells give off is magical. It is a place where you can get lost in the fun activities. There are so many things to do. They have duck boat tours, candy shops, jet boat trips, water parks, roller coasters and a whole lot more. My family booked a hotel at one of the major hotels/resorts in the area called the Kalahari. When we rolled up, I couldn’t believe that a place like this existed. It was huge. My eight year old self felt like I was entering a castle. The first thing that we did was go to the water park. This place had a huge inside water park and outside water park. I remember going up and down the water slides for whole days and coming back sunburned and so tired that I would pass out before getting dinner. It was always an adventure when I went to the Wisconsin Dells. The various activities and constant action at the Wisconsin Dells is one of the reasons I love Wisconsin. There is so much to do here.

Harley-Davidson

Harley-Davidson has always been a large part of my family's life. My parents both worked there and since I can remember my father has always owned a Harley-Davidson Motorcycle. The first bike he had was a yellow bike with red flames. When I was a kid I loved the way the flames looked. It was always a treat when we were allowed to ride on his motorcycle. We would suit up in our full protective gear, and my favorite part was wearing this cool helmet. My dad would start it up and the loud rumble of the bike always made me feel happy. We would ride for short periods of time, and my dad never took us on the highway. Probably because he wanted to be safe. But the cruises we took around town and around the lake were amazing. Looking out over Pewaukee Lake and seeing people on jet skis and boats having fun. It was straight out of a movie.

Harley-Davidson always threw together parties and events all over the place. They have group rides and more. The brand is built around community, and I am happy that my family has been a part of that community. 

Wisconsin

Wisconsin holds some of the best activities for the summer months. There is good fishing, baseball games, water activities, one of the largest water parks in the world and a ton of great local businesses. Harley-Davidson and the Wisconsin Dells being just a few of them. All of these parts of Wisconsin ties together the reason why I love Wisconsin.